PDA

View Full Version : Showcase Says

swanson24
06-21-2005, 02:57 PM
A question for White Sox fans that I ask seriously does anyone believe McCarthy is starting games because he could possibly be traded by Ken Williams. I understand that some will laugh at this thread but the reality of the situation is that with the trading deadline closing in each and every day the possibility of a trade is evident. Players have often been showcased to other teams during this period of the year. ... So do you as a Chicago White Sox fan believe Brandon McCarthy is being showcased in a trade?
I appreciate everyone's thoughts.

doublem23
06-21-2005, 02:58 PM
If so... that plan backfired.

ilsox7
06-21-2005, 02:58 PM
A question for White Sox fans that I ask seriously does anyone believe McCarthy is starting games because he could possibly be traded by Ken Williams. I understand that some will laugh at this thread but the reality of the situation is that with the trading deadline closing in each and every day the possibility of a trade is evident. Players have often been showcased to other teams during this period of the year. ... So do you as a Chicago White Sox fan believe Brandon McCarthy is being showcased in a trade?
I appreciate everyone's thoughts.

He may be traded, but he is not being showcased. BMac's trade value is made up solely of his future value, not his current value.

scottjanssens
06-21-2005, 02:59 PM
A question for White Sox fans that I ask seriously does anyone believe McCarthy is starting games because he could possibly be traded by Ken Williams.

For that to be true Duque would have to be faking injury. While not impossible, I think Occam's razor says the injury prone pitcher is actually having some problems.

mweflen
06-21-2005, 03:11 PM
I would wager that, though this isn't a showcase, his starts this year have increased his value. Right now, he is a guy who can throw 4 solid innings - and as a Rookie, that's pretty good. He never looked overmatched, he just lost his command yesterday. He wasn't getting battered by hits, but by walks.

He is 50-50 on becoming a very solid to good MLB pitcher - a lot of teams would love to get their hands on him. Oakland/Chavez, perhaps?