PDA

View Full Version : Fans at the Upcoming SOX/cubs Series

SkeetSkeetAmit
06-21-2005, 12:21 PM
Since many of the tickets went to a lot of ticket holders first and weren't really offered too much to the open public, how many SOX fans out number cubs fans this weekend at the games?

When I went to the Friday game at Wrigley, it was almost even or about 2 out of each 5 were SOX fans. It was really great seeing a ton of SOX fans there.

Hopefully we out number them this weekend!

Pasqua's Posers
06-21-2005, 12:33 PM
I was one of the lucky to win the lottery to buy tix at face value. I will be there with at least 3 SOX fans.

pdimas
06-21-2005, 12:56 PM
I have two tix for each game so I'll be there all weekend and a buddy of mine has two for Friday and Sunday I believe. Can't wait for Friday though called off a work so i could get down early and get a little tail gate action going. :gulp:

ewokpelts
06-21-2005, 01:01 PM
most bought to sell....they're allover craigslist and ebay...

Gene

SoxFan78
06-21-2005, 01:20 PM
I will be there with the gf for Saturday and Sunday

fox23
06-21-2005, 01:22 PM
I would bet it will be about 50/50, kinda like last year. Since a lot of these tickets are being scalped, I think more Cubs fans will buy them. For all us Sox fans who can't get tickets for this series, we can always just go to another game this year pretty much anytime we want and pay face value (or less with the discount codes :D: ). For Cubs fans, however, they have to buy scalped tickets to go to any Cubs game, so I would imagine they'll pay the extra amount over face for this game.

Blob
06-21-2005, 01:28 PM
I'll be there Friday and Saturday. It usually is 50/50. Which is pretty sickening, considering its our home.

I think maybe this year SOX fans will out draw the schlubbie fans. As well as the SOX are playing, there should be a lot more of us out there then in years past! If not, those of us going have to be louder so it sounds like more of us are there!

JB98
06-21-2005, 01:31 PM
Quite frankly, I hate the Sox/Cubs series. It is a circus, and I have no desire to be surrounded by Cubs fans while I'm watching the game. Therefore, I'm not going. I had tickets to the Sunday game as part of my ticket package, but I decided to give them to my sister. She and her boyfriend will be wearing Silver and Black, so at least my tickets will be used by Sox fans. I'd just assume watch the game alone in my living room.

Rocky Soprano
06-21-2005, 01:34 PM
I'll be there Saturday with 3 other Sox fans.

LauraJ14
06-21-2005, 01:42 PM
I have a group of 100 tickets and its about 60 Sox and 40 Cubs. Too many Cubs in my opinion but its a group of work friends.

swanson24
06-21-2005, 01:46 PM
I will be going to the game on Friday and siting next to my brother in law who is [shudder] a Cubs fan who lives within a mile of U.S. Cellular Field. I'm Sorry to say this but he is actually a good guy and a smart Cubs fan.
:o:

Cellview22
06-21-2005, 01:47 PM
It seems like a majority of Cubs fans love going on the road, or to other ballparks just to pizz off the home team fans. They'd rather go to the Cell than the earlier series at Wrigley. But I still think we'll outnumber them by a lot.

kevingrt
06-21-2005, 03:35 PM
I was one of the lucky to win the lottery to buy tix at face value. I will be there with at least 3 SOX fans.

Damn, one of the lucky ones. I plan on maybe camping out looking for some extra tickets they find at the box-office

kittle545feet
06-21-2005, 03:38 PM
I will be there on Sunday for the game. My brother was picked to buy the tix in the auction and he took 4. We need to really get out he Sox fans this year and hammer the Cubs. Let them know who the real team in Chicago is.

DumpJerry
06-21-2005, 04:14 PM
:churrosarmy:
Don't worry, we'll take care of the Flub fans.

kj.hayes
06-21-2005, 05:28 PM
I remember that within a day or two before the last Cubs/Sox series at Wrigely, there were quite a few really good tickets for sale through Cubs.com. Not sure if it will be the same for this upcoming series, but might be worth checking Ticketmaster.com late Thursday/early Friday for spare singles or released holds.

In any case, I'll be there Saturday. Can't wait!

soxfan43
06-21-2005, 06:57 PM
I've noticed its typically been about 60/40 for the home team. I gotta work friday and saturday but i'll be there nice an early to tailgate before sitting somewhere behind the cubs dugout, should be fun.

eastchicagosoxfan
06-21-2005, 07:12 PM
I'm going with three busloads on Sunday. In the past it's been 60/40 in favor of the Sox.

bludupree
06-21-2005, 07:48 PM
There were a lot of packages (9-game, 13-game, and 27-game) sold this year. I don't think the 9-game package inclued cubs tickets, but I think the increased number of the other 2 will help bump up our numbers.

C-Dawg
06-21-2005, 09:23 PM
I don't think the 9-game package inclued cubs tickets,

Choice of either Friday or Sunday game available in the 9-game package; I'm there Sunday as part of my 9-game.

soxGirl14
06-21-2005, 09:30 PM
SeanMurphy and I will be there Friday night...I ended up selling our tix for Sunday and made some nice $$$ of them! Friday we're actually going with one of my best friends who is a huge Cubs fan, so this will be interesting. I"m gonna have to sit in the middle to keep things under control!!

Reminds me of 83
06-21-2005, 09:48 PM
I'll be there with my Sox fan Sons on Friday and Sunday. It should be fun. Prior on Sunday?????:D: Some Cub fan friends are already bailing on the Series. Love it!!

You're right about the Wrigley Series. Many loud Sox Fans.

gaelhound
06-21-2005, 10:37 PM
I have a group of 100 tickets and its about 60 Sox and 40 Cubs. Too many Cubs in my opinion but its a group of work friends.
No one who is a fan of that team is a real friend. The cubs, and their fans are garbage. Never ever forget that!:angry:

Terry21fg
06-22-2005, 08:28 AM
Last night I was at the Brewers/Chubs game in Milwaukee...there were at least 30,000 chub fans there. I'm hoping the Sox management was able to keep it at 50/50.

LauraJ14
06-22-2005, 08:43 AM
No one who is a fan of that team is a real friend. The cubs, and their fans are garbage. Never ever forget that!:angry:

Sorry but you are wrong about that, my grandmother was a Cub fan for about 70 years and she most definitely was a knowledgable fan. Thank god my mother decided that she liked the Sox better. I hate to burst your bubble but there are a few Cubs fans that know baseball and are not obnoxious about being a Cub fan.