PDA

View Full Version : Sitting in the upperdeck Saturday

firejauron
06-21-2005, 10:23 AM
Hey guys, it's been a couple years since I've sat in the upper deck at the Cell. I'm going with some friends who haven't been to the Cell and was hoping to give them a good sampling of the best food in baseball. The last time I sat up there I wasn't allowed to go to the lower levels and they didn't seem to serve everything up there that they serve downstairs. I'm aware you still can't go to the lower levels, but what is the food situation up there? Anyone have any ideas as to what I should recommend to them to eat? I always get a Polish or Italian w/ grilled onions, I'm assuming that will be available? Thanks in advance!

Foulke You
06-21-2005, 10:33 AM
I sat in the Upper Deck on Friday vs LA and you can get a lot of the LD food on the UD. There will be a few things missing...I didn't see the Mexican Food or the Steak Pitas but the Hot Dogs with grilled onions at the Kosher Best kiosk was there. They also had a kiosk that was serving Italian Beef which was pretty good but pricey ($5.25 for a sandwich). There was a Bill Melton's Italian Sausage and Brats kiosk as well. I saw churros, funnel cake, pizza, and nachos as well. You just have to look around the whole concourse because they don't double up on some of the stands like they do on the lower deck. Hope that helps.

skottyj242
06-21-2005, 10:40 AM
I haven't sat in the upped deck in years either and I have no plans of ever sitting up there again unless it's a last resort but does anyone know if they serve the corn off the cob up there? That is by far my favorite treat at the park, if you have never had I highly suggest it, it's outstanding.

Foulke You
06-21-2005, 10:47 AM
I haven't sat in the upped deck in years either and I have no plans of ever sitting up there again unless it's a last resort but does anyone know if they serve the corn off the cob up there? That is by far my favorite treat at the park, if you have never had I highly suggest it, it's outstanding.
I've seen it up there before, however, it usually depends on what attendance is going to be like up there. If they are expecting big crowds then the selection up there is better, if it is the standard crowd in the upper deck, then probably not.

Sad
06-21-2005, 12:32 PM

where's that corn off the cob stand at in the lower deck?
I'm aiming on stopping there tomorrow...

Ron Karkovice
06-21-2005, 12:37 PM
My friends and I could only get upper deck tickets back in may against the orioles. We found out that if you realllly want to get to the lower deck, go to the fundamentals area and make your way down the stairs from there and poof!

Pasqua's Posers
06-21-2005, 12:46 PM

I sat up there last night-18th row-and had no problem with it whatsoever. Why the disdain towards the upper tank may I ask?

Brian26
06-21-2005, 12:48 PM
My friends and I could only get upper deck tickets back in may against the orioles. We found out that if you realllly want to get to the lower deck, go to the fundamentals area and make your way down the stairs from there and poof!

I did this last night, but it was very, very late in the game. They may have just not cared about checking tickets at that point.

Jerko
06-21-2005, 12:49 PM

They have ushers there checking tickets now. You can only exit fundamentals on whatever level your ticket is for. Unless it's late in the game.

Brian26
06-21-2005, 12:51 PM
They have ushers there checking tickets now. You can only exit fundamentals on whatever level your ticket is for. Unless it's late in the game.

There you go.

brewcrew/chisox
06-21-2005, 12:51 PM
where's that corn off the cob stand at in the lower deck?
I'm aiming on stopping there tomorrow...

Down the first base line between first base and right field

Jerko
06-21-2005, 12:54 PM
There you go.

I "accidentally" found out that they check tickets as you leave fundamentals. My friend's wife bought a kid's day ticket in the UD for some reason (I don't know why, they're only a buck no matter what) and they would not even let the kid down to 100 level even though she's a 100 level season ticket holder. I think the rules change by the day at that park sometimes. Just matters who's working I guess.

firejauron
06-21-2005, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the responses guys, that was very helpful. Sounds like everything I enjoy should be there. I just found up I'm going up for the Wednesday afternoon game as well so whatever I can't get Saturday I'll make sure to get tomorrow!

GoRowand33
06-21-2005, 01:36 PM
hey dont forget in the upper deck they have some damn good gardenburgers

Jerko
06-21-2005, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the responses guys, that was very helpful. Sounds like everything I enjoy should be there. I just found up I'm going up for the Wednesday afternoon game as well so whatever I can't get Saturday I'll make sure to get tomorrow!

Actually you can "scope out" the UD if you're going tomorrow, then when it's a zoo there on Saturday you'll have already know where all the stuff you want is.

Cellview22
06-21-2005, 01:55 PM
I read somewhere that a team of U.S Cellular staff scouts the UD for fans decked in the most Sox gear to bring down and have em sit in the scout seats. Are they still doing this?

If so, they should definitely start promoting this with as many commercials as possible, to get the word out that if you buy an UD ticket, you could get very lucky.

doublem23
06-21-2005, 01:55 PM
As long as you can get the brats, some curly fries, and a cold beer, you'll live. :D:

SoxFan78
06-21-2005, 02:02 PM
I read somewhere that a team of U.S Cellular staff scouts the UD for fans decked in the most Sox gear to bring down and have em sit in the scout seats. Are they still doing this?

If so, they should definitely start promoting this with as many commercials as possible, to get the word out that if you buy an UD ticket, you could get very lucky.

My girlfriend and I got picked to sit in the Scout Seats for a game. Great time, i dont think they look for fans decked in the most Sox gear, just sox fans in general.

Cellview22
06-21-2005, 02:07 PM
My girlfriend and I got picked to sit in the Scout Seats for a game. Great time, i dont think they look for fans decked in the most Sox gear, just sox fans in general.

Damn, that's awesome! I've always wondered what it's like sitting there, and what's behind that tunnel. How do you get there from the UD? Ramp or Elevator? And how was the buffet and lounge area? Man, I'm jealous.

SoxFan78
06-21-2005, 02:21 PM
Damn, that's awesome! I've always wondered what it's like sitting there, and what's behind that tunnel. How do you get there from the UD? Ramp or Elevator? And how was the buffet and lounge area? Man, I'm jealous.

They just walked us down to the lower level and you could get to the seats from there, its roped off. The Buffet and lounge area was in a tented area a littlebit away from the seating. Very good food and full bar stocked with all kinds of liqour. The cool thing was you got to walk past the door of the visiting team's club house.

Awesome experience, we still can't believe we won!

skottyj242
06-21-2005, 03:05 PM
I sat up there last night-18th row-and had no problem with it whatsoever. Why the disdain towards the upper tank may I ask?

I have height issues.

DannyCaterFan
06-21-2005, 03:16 PM
The upper deck seats behind home plate are one of the best bargains in the park. I have a 27 game package up there in row 4 and the view is great. Definately not as bad as it was before the remodling. Food is easier to get there as well as the crowds upstairs are smaller.

kevingrt
06-21-2005, 03:37 PM
All you need to know is that the Kosher hot dogs with grilled onions are on the UD. Everything else is not needed at the Cell, even though it is great. Nothing beats those hotdogs and grilled onions.

skobabe8
06-21-2005, 05:14 PM
This should help...

ALL-STAR STANDS Sections 101, 113, 130, 151, 163, 328, 346, 510, 522, 529 and 554
Traditional ballpark fare like hot dogs, pretzels and beverages. Hot Dog Value Meals are available at all stands. Section 529 also offers veggie dogs and sandwiches.

CANTINA Section 164
Frozen margaritas, jalape˝o poppers and other Mexican favorites.

CONNIE'S PIZZA Sections 124, 155, 163 and 522
Slices of delicious cheese, sausage and supreme pizza, cookies and beverages.

FAN DECK Centerfield
Tyson Sunset Strip, featuring chicken wings, popcorn chicken and more.

FUNNEL CAKES Sections 110 and 163
Classic treats served plain or with toppings.

GO GO SOX GRILLE Section 120

LOLLAR'S GUARD THE PLATE GRILL Section 524
Fan favorites including bratwurst, garden burgers, Hamburger Value Meals, nachos and beverages.

PEPSI ROOKIE'S CLUB Sections 100 and 538
Kid-sized concession stand serving peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and other kid favorites.

SOUTH SIDE HITMEN GRILLE Sections 139 & 542
Grilled favorites like steak and chicken sandwiches, garden burgers, Hamburger Value Meals, snacks and beverages. Go Go Sox Grille also features veggie dogs.

SWEET SPOT Section 538
Delectable desserts including cheesecake and ice cream.

TRIPLE PLAY CAF╔ Section 110
Great deli sandwiches including roast beef and corned beef, as well as Mexican favorites such as burritos, nachos and more.

VEGGIE LOVERS!
U.S. Cellular Field offers cheese quesadillas, veggie dogs and garden burgers on all levels!

WINNING UGLY IS SWEET Section 143
Sweets and treats such as waffle cones, brownies, yogurt and more.

ClaudelSleptHere
06-21-2005, 05:22 PM
Can't you be a little more specific?

skobabe8
06-21-2005, 05:28 PM
Can't you be a little more specific?

You can buy peanuts in parking lots F and G, foot long polishes on the 300 level, and Gatorade on the Fundamentals deck. :smile:

Pasqua's Posers
06-21-2005, 05:35 PM
I have height issues.

It's not fair to boycott the upeer deck just because you are short...
:rolling:

firejauron
06-26-2005, 10:17 AM
Just thought I would get back to you guys regarding this thread. Our seats were in the very last row of the upper deck. I was pleasantly surprised that the seats weren't as bad as most people would think. The view was fine and no planes ran into the U.D. The food was also great as always! Other than an obnoxious Cub fan who wouldn't shut up the entire game and the outcome it was a fun experience.

Go Go Everetts
06-26-2005, 01:22 PM

My friends and I did the same thing on Memorial DAy agianst the Angels. We got down about an hour before game time.