PDA

View Full Version : NBN Day 6/22

Sad
06-21-2005, 10:15 AM
if it's nothing but Nancy day, I'm assuming the AC/DC intro and what not will be scrapped?

looking forward to tomorrow's game :smile:

dickallen15
06-21-2005, 10:26 AM
Its going to be great. She's throwing out the first pitch,I'm sure she'll get a huge hand. You look at her and there's no way you would believe she was old enough to have 35 years of service under her belt.

SOXPHILE
06-21-2005, 10:39 AM
Like alot of other people here, I've had the oppurtunity to meet Nancy at both the Old Comiskey, and at U.S. Cellular. Add me to the long list of those who say that she is one of the nicest people you could ever meet. She has always been very friendly and accommodating, just to say hi, or even pose for a picture with you. The White Sox have been very fortunate to have her these past 30+ years, and I say it's about time they did something like this.

brewcrew/chisox
06-21-2005, 10:47 AM
I'll be there with two other WSIers! I'm really looking forward to it. Loved the interview she did with DJ during the game last night as well; hopefully it will contribute to a few more people out there as well. I didn't even notice the fact that she only played for the opposing teams' batters, and tomorrow she will be playing for both sides. If I were a player, I'd request that she play before I got up to the plate.

I think the only thing that I'll miss tomorrow is the Pre game Montage' with all of the old highlights from past games set to music....right before the AC/DC (I doubt Nancy can recreate that on the organ); I'm assuming that will be cut as well.

Palehose13
06-21-2005, 10:52 AM
My sox fan friend who was to accompany me tomorrow got a last minute interview, so I am bringing a *sigh* cub fan to tomorrow's game with me. It'll be her first experience and I am sure it will be a great one. She will be easily swayed to our side. She asked if she could wear her cub jersey or her Brwer Podsednik jersey (her gf loves Pods and is a Brewer fan). I told her to wear the Pods jersey. :cool:

Anyway...sorry to go off topic. Tomorrow should be a blast and I have been looking forward to it all year (if you couldn't tell from the sig...)! :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

scottjanssens
06-21-2005, 11:30 AM
I met Nancy in the mall while working a part-time job in college. Sad to say I didn't recognize her at first, my co-worker did. Very gracious lady.

scottjanssens
06-21-2005, 11:40 AM
I also met Ed Farmer in a mall, actually Sears, when I was seven. This was during his days on the Sox and he and Lamar Johnson were my favorite players.I was wearing my t-ball uniform (it was right after a game) which happened to be the Royals. A salesman noticed the uniform and told us Ed Farmer was just over there looking at some curtains. My dad took me to introduce ourselves. Ed, of course, was as classy as you'd expect. It didn't occur to me much later in life the imposition we'd imposed.

I was in awe. There was nothing more I wanted as a seven-year-old than to be a pro ballplayer. And here before me was a real life, in-the-flesh White Sox player. I couldn't speak. Ed asked me if I was a Royals fan and I just sputtered. My dad told him we were Sox fans and that he was my favorite player. Sadly I was so awestruck that I don't recall what happened after that, although I seem to think he and my dad chatted for a few minutes.

chisoxfanatic
06-21-2005, 01:55 PM
I will be there as part of my Ozzie Plan. I'll be in Section 145.