PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC.COM Clezic article on the SOX

Pilgrim
06-21-2005, 09:30 AM
Pretty good read on msnbc about the pale hose and lack of respect.

The Dude
06-21-2005, 09:36 AM
Pretty good read on msnbc about the pale hose and lack of respect.

link?

jhill36
06-21-2005, 09:57 AM
Thanks! I'm always looking for the next Sox piece in different places. I just found this one and I'm about to enjoy it. Thanks again.

Madvora
06-21-2005, 10:20 AM
Can someone post a link?

I looked all over MSNBC and couldn't find it.

Mickster
06-21-2005, 10:23 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8294860/

spawn
06-21-2005, 10:25 AM
link?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8294860/

fincher
06-21-2005, 10:28 AM
Nice, light-hearted story. I like the fact the Sox are under the radar as Ozzie will use it to the team's advantage.

Sxy Mofo
06-21-2005, 10:41 AM
Also, you guys read the moronotti article this morning? Even his "positive" articles have a negative overtone. It's odd.

Cellview22
06-21-2005, 10:49 AM
It's sad that these guys get paid for writing this stuff. They're all morons, and they know nothing about Chicago or the White Sox. My 8-year old nephew who never watches the White Sox or the Cubs could write a more informative article than that. It's all shallow and repetitive. No one seems to care about the White Sox? How the heck would he know...what, did he interview his ignorant "Cubs fan" relative in Wrigleyville? These "no one cares" articles are getting so old. :(: White Sox fans CARE more than anyone else!

fledgedrallycap
06-21-2005, 10:57 AM
What's Phil Jackson doing writing for MSN? :D:

http://media.msnbc.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Bylines/mugs/MSNBC%20Interactive/msnbc_celizic_mike.cmug.jpg

mrfourni
06-21-2005, 11:16 AM
But the White Sox have been pretty darned good for a long time. You have to go back to 1989 to find the last time they finished worse than third, and thatís about as good a run of consistency as any team not named the Yankees or Braves could ever hope for ó even in a four-team division

The sox have never been in a 4 team division.

Sxy Mofo
06-21-2005, 11:25 AM
The sox have never been in a 4 team division.

I wondered about that one too. If you give him the benefit of the doubt, he's saying that even no AL west team could hope for that type of consistency.

If you don't give him the benefit of the doubt, then he's clueless.

Foulke You
06-21-2005, 11:43 AM
What's Phil Jackson doing writing for MSN? :D:

http://media.msnbc.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Bylines/mugs/MSNBC%20Interactive/msnbc_celizic_mike.cmug.jpg
I thought it was one of Elliott Ness's Untouchables.:D:

Foulke You
06-21-2005, 11:46 AM
It's sad that these guys get paid for writing this stuff. They're all morons, and they know nothing about Chicago or the White Sox. My 8-year old nephew who never watches the White Sox or the Cubs could write a more informative article than that. It's all shallow and repetitive. No one seems to care about the White Sox? How the heck would he know...what, did he interview his ignorant "Cubs fan" relative in Wrigleyville? These "no one cares" articles are getting so old. :(: White Sox fans CARE more than anyone else!
Agreed. These "nobody cares in Chicago" articles do a tremendous disservice to the White Sox fans that are showing up and care deeply about our team and further re-enforce the pathetic notion that "everyone in Chicago just loves the Cubs". Perhaps the writer should make his way to 35th and Shields and he would have found 35,000 last night who care A LOT about this team.

Max Power
06-21-2005, 12:54 PM
Agreed. These "nobody cares in Chicago" articles do a tremendous disservice to the White Sox fans that are showing up and care deeply about our team and further re-enforce the pathetic notion that "everyone in Chicago just loves the Cubs". Perhaps the writer should make his way to 35th and Shields and he would have found 35,000 last night who care A LOT about this team.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. These articles are getting tired and annoying. Does every paper in the country feel the need to rehash the same story?

jackbrohamer
06-21-2005, 01:07 PM
Also, you guys read the moronotti article this morning?

I'd rather stick needles in my eyes.

HawkISox
06-21-2005, 01:41 PM
"Based in New York"

Pretty much sums up what he knows...