PDA

View Full Version : What's in a name?

DC Sox Fan
06-20-2005, 11:29 PM
Alright, this is getting re-****ing-diculous. First Brantley calling our closer "Chad" Hermanson for the 2nd time this year last night. And tonight, some random jag bag on Baseball Tonight referred to our 2nd baseman as "Pat Iguchi."

I have a DVR on my cable box, so I can rewind, replay, etc. Wanted to make sure I didn't get it wrong. Maybe he was saying "Tad Iguchi", after all. After numerous replays and independent verification from my Skankee fan roommate, I am convinced these jokers will be referring to Cesar Buehrle, Kim Jong Garland, Vladimir Cotts, Mike Takatsu, Chad Hermanson, Pat Iguchi and co. for the rest of the year.

Stupid, sloppy, reprehensible.

/rant

LuvSox
06-20-2005, 11:34 PM
They'll figure it out in October

DC Sox Fan
06-20-2005, 11:38 PM
Hirohito Thomas= the NEW Mr. October!!!

CubsfansareDRUNK
06-20-2005, 11:39 PM
Im also very sick of "Jose Uribe"

The Racehorse
06-20-2005, 11:45 PM
Alright, this is getting re-****ing-diculous. First Brantley calling our closer "Chad" Hermanson for the 2nd time this year last night. And tonight, some random jag bag on Baseball Tonight referred to our 2nd baseman as "Pat Iguchi."

Stupid, sloppy, reprehensible.

I agree... those numbnuts would mispronounce Mel Ott, if given the chance.

MRKARNO
06-21-2005, 12:23 AM
Did Brantley criticize Ozzie for his use of Jose Vizcaino tonight?

Nellie_Fox
06-21-2005, 12:49 AM
Did Brantley criticize Ozzie for his use of Jose Vizcaino tonight?Actually, while others were talking about the Sox having KC "right where they want them" when the score was tied, Brantley had to pipe up with "If Guillen learns how to handle a bullpen a little bit, they'll be okay." Jeez, Brantley, let it go.

Stroker Ace
06-21-2005, 12:53 AM
Kim Jong Garland
:rolling: :roflmao: HAHAHAHA:roflmao: :rolling:

skobabe8
06-21-2005, 01:20 AM
Actually, while others were talking about the Sox having KC "right where they want them" when the score was tied, Brantley had to pipe up with "If Guillen learns how to handle a bullpen a little bit, they'll be okay." Jeez, Brantley, let it go.

I cant believe I missed that. The only thing I heard was after Gotays home run Kruk said something like "Well, thats White Sox baseball!"

***? :?:

Banix12
06-21-2005, 01:34 AM
Meh, just relax and turn it into a drinking game. Everytime Brantley mispronounces a name take a drink. Everytime Kruk makes light of his immense girth take a drink. Everytime Harold Reynolds talks about how he would have done it if he were playing, take drink Everytime Gammons talks about Boston, you get the idea.

Plastered by the first commerical break I'll bet.

Nobody ever said Brantley was a genius, nobody ever even said he was competant.

In fact the only time anybody on the show cares to mention brantley is when Brantley himself looks in the camera and shouts "WHEEE, I'M ON TEEEEEVEEEEEE!!!" Usually after that Gammons makes sure Brantley has his mittens pinned to his suit.

beckett21
06-21-2005, 01:36 AM
I cant believe I missed that. The only thing I heard was after Gotays home run Kruk said something like "Well, thats White Sox baseball!"

It's just burning these blowhards up that the Sox continue to win. They look more and more foolish every day.

Brantley and Kruk deserve each other. It's truly a shame how far downhill BBTN has gone. I can't stomach it anymore. Disgusting.

Iwritecode
06-21-2005, 11:08 AM

I assumed he was talking about the bases-loaded two-out bloop single by AJ. He said it just as they started showing it...

ondafarm
06-21-2005, 11:16 AM
Meh, just relax and turn it into a drinking game. Everytime Brantley mispronounces a name take a drink. Everytime Kruk makes light of his immense girth take a drink. Everytime Harold Reynolds talks about how he would have done it if he were playing, take drink Everytime Gammons talks about Boston, you get the idea.

Plastered by the first commerical break I'll bet.

Nobody ever said Brantley was a genius, nobody ever even said he was competant.

In fact the only time anybody on the show cares to mention brantley is when Brantley himself looks in the camera and shouts "WHEEE, I'M ON TEEEEEVEEEEEE!!!" Usually after that Gammons makes sure Brantley has his mittens pinned to his suit.

The girlfriend tells me I need to drink less so I reverse this game. When Brantley gets a name right, I take a drink. When Kruk says something insightful and unbiased, I take a drink. Ditto for Harold Reynolds.

Stayed sober the whole game thru (in fact, had to get more ice for my gin and tonic twice.)

Hokiesox
06-21-2005, 04:48 PM
The girlfriend tells me I need to drink less so I reverse this game. When Brantley gets a name right, I take a drink. When Kruk says something insightful and unbiased, I take a drink. Ditto for Harold Reynolds.

Stayed sober the whole game thru (in fact, had to get more ice for my gin and tonic twice.)

That sounds like a recipe for an AA meeting.

pearso66
06-21-2005, 07:16 PM
Im also very sick of "Jose Uribe"

I seem to hear Hawk and DJ use Jose Uribe a lot. Maybe they just think we have a revolving door of jose's playing SS?