PDA

View Full Version : Signs of a Soxaholic:

FanofBill
06-20-2005, 02:46 PM
Signs of a Soxaholic:

You are so hooked into the Sox that you try read everything written about them whether it’s on the papers or the web.
You listen intently to everything about the Sox whether it’s on radio or TV.
When a Sox game is on, you are in a different “zone”, no one else can bother you.
When you listen or watch a game and your spouses or children interrupt, you would get mad at them because they made you miss what someone said about the Sox.
When you’re in a car and someone is talking about the Sox or if the game is on; The radio is yours, no one else can touch it or change the channel.
When you’re in a car and someone is talking about the Sox, and your spouse or your children try to talk to you: you would tell them “hush”. “I am listening to something important here” or words to that effects.
You can’t wait for the next Sox game to be on even though they just finished one a few hours ago.

Add on. :D:

DaleJRFan
06-20-2005, 02:50 PM
WOW. That's me minus the kids. I even get mad when anyone bothers me playing Sox games on the PS2... I need a life, me thinks...

soxfan43
06-20-2005, 02:57 PM
Ya I'm the same minus the kids as well. I feel bad for my neighbors, I've been known to yell a lot during the games.

elrod
06-20-2005, 03:00 PM
Add:

You spend all day on WSI with other Soxaholics.
Your mood for the next 24 hours is dictated by the result of a White Sox game.
You look for omens - good or bad - all day to determine how the Sox will do that evening.

FanofBill
06-20-2005, 03:04 PM
Add:

You look for omens - good or bad - all day to determine how the Sox will do that evening.

Elrod, one more post and have 1000.

34rancher
06-20-2005, 03:10 PM
Even a court in California would find me "Guilty" on all of these accounts...

FedEx227
06-20-2005, 03:18 PM

I think we all can admit to that one...

You can tell here by the 1,000 "OMG SEASON NEAR OVER" posts after every loss...but hey we're die-hards.

dpbyron
06-20-2005, 03:35 PM
Awesome mood when the Sox win:bandance: , crappy mood when they lose...:angry:

MIgrenade
06-20-2005, 03:38 PM
Get mighty pissed off when people, even other Sox fans, say bad things about the Sox.

DaleJRFan
06-20-2005, 03:40 PM
Ya I'm the same minus the kids as well. I feel bad for my neighbors, I've been known to yell a lot during the games.

OK, this must stop. You guys are really creeping me out.... :D:

My girlfriend gives me a really hard time about this.

...stop being bitchy. Just because the Sox lost doesn't afford you the right of being mean to me...

- or -

...why do you spend so much time on that damn web site...

Thank GOD she hates the Cubs (and their fans)... otherwise her irreverence towards my White Sox may nullify our pre-relationship agreement.

Hangar18
06-20-2005, 06:57 PM
I think we all can admit to that one...

You can tell here by the 1,000 "OMG SEASON NEAR OVER" posts after every loss...but hey we're die-hards.

I think some of us can attest to the last comment. I was in SanDiego
and fuming over the Sat Nite loss, as were some of us. A couple of Padre
fans said to take it easy, it was just a loss and then "man, you guys
are pretty die-hard" heh heh.

SoxFan76
06-20-2005, 07:08 PM
I thought I was the only one who was affected so much by the games outcome. When they lose it just ruins my day. The worst is losing, then having an off day.

Cubbiesuck13
06-20-2005, 07:18 PM
I can add a few:

-I won't date a Flub fan. I met this chick at a bar and naturally the SOX came up :) then she said she like the cubs. I asked her why and she said something about "underdog" and I left. She was smokin' too

-We have a new division officer who claims to be a flub fan even though all he knows about is Derek Lee and the quest for the tripple crown. As soon as he said the was cub fan everyone in the division said "uh-oh". After having our one and only conversation (I don't speak to him about baseball or any sports because he is ignorant on all accounts) the guys had to calm me down because I was yelling at him. He is so darn ignorant about sports but he argues so he deserves everything I said about him and his family.

CubsSuckSoBad
06-20-2005, 07:46 PM
You can add:

Plan your entire day around the White Sox game
Get Pissed when you're asked to do something during the game
Get Impulses to buy White Sox merchandise throughout the day
Develop a thorough prejudice against anyone speaking of the flubs; let alone wearing flub merchandise

My mood is determined by whether the sox win or lose...Its good that they play at night so I can sleep off the anger when they lose....The girlfriend knows to stay out of the way...

When they win, she takes advantage:supernana:

Rocklive99
06-20-2005, 08:17 PM
This guy...

http://img34.echo.cx/img34/912/thisguy9zi.jpg

soxjim
06-20-2005, 08:37 PM
I have been found guilty by a jury of scrub fans at work. I'm logged onto WSI when I get up, before bed and other times when I get a chance. Wear SOX shirts to work. Plan my evenings around SOX games. Tonights game is on WCIU which I do not get in Rockford but the scrubs are on 2 channels. What to do?

tebman
06-20-2005, 08:41 PM
Add:

Count me in... :yup:

bafiarocks03
06-20-2005, 10:35 PM

Haha omg!! that's me! i'm so loud! you know and it's summer, so the windows are open and stuff! and people are outside! and im inside! screaming my head off! chanting! and stuff!:D:

Medford Bobby
06-20-2005, 10:59 PM
:smile: If the Sox are on TV...I usually tape them...and if I'm not home I tell everyone not to touch the Sat TV....and then I hope there's no power failures or something that interupts the taping................and yes, I usually am in a funk if the Sox lose...especially blown saves..........:(:blowouts I can stomach......:redneck

MrRoboto83
06-20-2005, 11:15 PM
I dumped a girlfriend cause she was a Flub fan, I just couldn't take it anymore.

"Oh they are so Cute" "Look at Prior's Butt" this is what I had to put up with!!

Also this last weekend I ate at Texas Roadhouse, the waitor had a Flub hat on, I had my Sox hat on, he couldn't resist saying that they would sweep us this coming weekend. I didn't leave much of a tip, and wrote Flubs Stink on the receipt.:gulp:

bludupree
06-20-2005, 11:57 PM
Develop a thorough prejudice against anyone speaking of the flubs; let alone wearing flub merchandise

I have an extremely unhealthy prejudice against Cub fans. I know there are a few good ones out there, but I immediately dislike anyone who is a cub fan. I really can't help it. They have to do a lot to overcome what I think about them before they even open their mouth.

On the other hand I immediately like all Sox fans. One time I was on the Ryan and I got cut off. At first I was pissed and started swearing. I then looked down, saw a Sox bumper sticker, and immediately became peaceful. I was like "Oh, I'm sure it was an accident".

I know this is not good, but I honestly can't help it.

doublem23
06-20-2005, 11:57 PM
I dumped a girlfriend cause she was a Flub fan, I just couldn't take it anymore.

I've been there. Well, that and she was a total bitch, but the Cub thing really justified it in my mind.

BRDSR
06-21-2005, 12:01 AM
All good, but the #1 way you know you're a Soxaholic:

After a particularly well-played White Sox win your wife or girlfriend can often be quoted as saying "Man, what got into you tonight?"

MUsoxfan
06-21-2005, 12:09 AM
I can't spend money at places owned by blatant Cub fans. I refuse to listen to any sports radio, watch the news or read the paper if the Sox lose. I show totally biased support towards the Sox in a very non-PC way when dealing with customers at work. The ONLY thing I care about during the day is how the Sox fare.

skobabe8
06-21-2005, 12:10 AM
I thought I was the only one who was affected so much by the games outcome. When they lose it just ruins my day. The worst is losing, then having an off day.

Opening day, 2004. Horrendous game, off day. One of the most brutal 48 hour stretches ever.

Add this one:
When you hear someone else talking about ROCKS, LOCKS, BOXes, SHOCKS, TOXic fumes, bagels and LOX, Bryan COX, DOCKS, Fort KNOX, or FOXes and you listen up because you think maybe they are talking about the SOX.

Cubbiesuck13
06-21-2005, 12:24 AM
If you know that the Bears will never be able to be the number 1 team in your life because you know that cubs fans also root for them, you might be a SOXaholic.

chisoxfanatic
06-21-2005, 12:24 AM
I know this might sound kinda cheesy, but whenever I have a cheeseburger or another sandwich that I put either katchup or mustard on, I write "Sox" on the bread with it. That way, I'm eating a SOXwich.

I also refer to my car as the Soxmobile (Sox car flag, decal, and personalized license plate).

chisox06
06-21-2005, 12:25 AM
I usually run into this from my buddies; "you wanna hang out tonight or is their a sox game on?" Honestly, if Im out and about I can never thouroughly enjoy myself if the sox are playing, it's an addiction, the later it is into the game, the more and more I need a TV or a run to the car to put the radio on.

MUsoxfan
06-21-2005, 12:25 AM
If you know that the Bears will never be able to be the number 1 team in your life because you know that cubs fans also root for them, you might be a SOXaholic.

You have a point. That's a big factor as to why I'm a Colts fan and not a Bears fan.

MERPER
06-21-2005, 12:27 AM
That's me to a tee only change kids/spouse to parents.... they are actually beginning to get real annoyed with me

kevingrt
06-21-2005, 12:31 AM
The biggest thing there is not being able to wait till the next game. Dolgin will be doing the post game show and I'm like they should just play in another hour. A twi-nite double header or something.

I also get really excited when they are towards the end of a roadstand and are just about to come home. I love giving them huge standing ovations. It's so nice.

Chrisaway
06-21-2005, 12:31 AM
a few of my Soxaholic symptoms:

-wouldn't date/talk a Cubs fan regardless of her hottness
-Any girl I have dated was notified at the beginning that 2 things will always be more important to me than her #1-My Dog #2 White Sox Baseball
-will not make plans to go out if the sox are on (unless its to a bar that will be playing the sox game)
-after having a few drinks, all I will talk about is white sox baseball regardless of who im talking to
-wear a Sox pride wristband on both arms at all times
-have a tan line on my arms where my Sox Pride wristbands go
-though I don't post alot, I check WSI roughly 3 times daily
-check whitesox.com at least once daily
-tomorrow will be my 8th game in attendance this year (record 5-2*)
*one loss was a Milwaukee exhibition game
-after attending a game we party like its New Years after a victory and go home and sleep when we lose
-almost every time Frank Thomas bats whether im watching TV, at a bar, or at the game, I'll stand and put my hand over my heart. About 90% of the time he homers or walks. (been doing it since like '91)

...I'm a sick sick man. But I love my Pale Hose.

chisoxfanatic
06-21-2005, 12:34 AM

I'm actually a Blackhawks fan before any other team, but I still consider myself to be a Soxaholic. :cool:

chisoxfanatic
06-21-2005, 12:39 AM
-wouldn't date/talk a Cubs fan regardless of her hottness

Isn't that an oxymoron? Cubs fan and "hot" or any derrivative of the word do not belong in the same sentence. There's something about Cubbie blue that just makes someone butt-UGLY!

Cubbiesuck13
06-21-2005, 12:39 AM
I'm actually a Blackhawks fan before any other team, but I still consider myself to be a Soxaholic. :cool:
Well I say Bears because it seems like EVERYONE is a Bears fan even if they are not from Chicago and it doesn't matter if they know NOTHING about the team. Sound familiar?

Hawks' fans usually will know what is going on with the team or at least manage to swear Wirtz up and down a few times. Sound familiar? The Hawks could manage to be a very close 2nd if they didn't have a worse owner than the SOX.

chisox06
06-21-2005, 12:40 AM
You have a point. That's a big factor as to why I'm a Colts fan and not a Bears fan.

Kind of makes you wish the Cardinals were still on the southside. We would probably hate the Bears as much as the Cubs.

doublem23
06-21-2005, 12:44 AM
Kind of makes you wish the Cardinals were still on the southside.

I don't know about that. :)

chisoxfanatic
06-21-2005, 12:45 AM
I don't know about that. :)
I second that...That organization hasn't seen very many pretty days.

Chrisaway
06-21-2005, 12:47 AM
Isn't that an oxymoron? Cubs fan and "hot" or any derrivative of the word do not belong in the same sentence. There's something about Cubbie blue that just makes someone butt-UGLY!

EXACTLY!!!

chisoxfanatic
06-21-2005, 12:53 AM
Here's another sign that I'm a Soxaholic...

I've got a business trip to Austin, Texas, and I leave Saturday morning and won't return til Thursday afternoon. So, I miss the final two Sox/Cubs games, and the entire Sox/Detroit series.

If I miss a Sox game, I'm torn!!! The bars nearby BETTER carry either feed of every single one of those games, or I'm gonna be pissed beyond belief!!! If I do not know what's happening pitch-for-pitch, I tend to LOSE it!

scottjanssens
06-21-2005, 12:56 AM
The bars nearby BETTER carry either feed of every single one of those games, or I'm gonna be pissed beyond belief!!!

Sunday's game is on WGN, so maybe you can see it in your hotel if none of the bars can get it. I think you'll probably be out of luck on Saturday unless you find a place that has Extra Innings.

chisoxfanatic
06-21-2005, 01:02 AM
Sunday's game is on WGN, so maybe you can see it in your hotel if none of the bars can get it. I think you'll probably be out of luck on Saturday unless you find a place that has Extra Innings.

Saturday's game is on WGN as well...They will just be broadcasting with the Cubs broadcasters instead.

Is it standard for hotels to get WGN?

scottjanssens
06-21-2005, 01:06 AM
Schedule says Saturday's game is CSN. Hope for your sake it isn't.

Hotels that get cable will usually get WGN and TBS. No guarantee though.

doublem23
06-21-2005, 01:09 AM
Is it standard for hotels to get WGN?

Most major cable providers in the country get WGN Superstation. Not sure which ones do or don't, but everywhere I've ever gone you can get WGN.

elrod
06-21-2005, 01:09 AM
One more item:

You get extremely anxious if you don't have access to the score of the White Sox game. You use any and all means possible, including cell phone internet or watching some godawful boxing match on ESPN2 to check up on the score.

Also, you are completely distracted when the game is on and can only think of the game situation you last saw on the TV/internet before leaving it.

milrtyme28
06-21-2005, 01:11 AM
You can add:

Plan your entire day around the White Sox game
Get Pissed when you're asked to do something during the game
Get Impulses to buy White Sox merchandise throughout the day

My mood is determined by whether the sox win or lose...Its good that they play at night so I can sleep off the anger when they lose....The girlfriend knows to stay out of the way...

When they win, she takes advantage:supernana:

WOW THAT SOUNDS FAMILIAR!!!

S-SideTrifecta
06-21-2005, 01:58 AM
I write SOX on all my Golf balls with a Sharpie, that way there is no mistake when someone touches my balls.:cool:

Cubbiesuck13
06-21-2005, 02:13 AM
If your dad shouts out "You can put it on the board" at your sister's wedding after the Pastor says "You may kiss the bride", you may have it in your genes to become a SOXaholic.

clee-hegone
06-21-2005, 02:19 AM
I can add a few:

-I won't date a Flub fan. I met this chick at a bar and naturally the SOX came up :) then she said she like the cubs. I asked her why and she said something about "underdog" and I left. She was smokin' too

-We have a new division officer who claims to be a flub fan even though all he knows about is Derek Lee and the quest for the tripple crown. As soon as he said the was cub fan everyone in the division said "uh-oh". After having our one and only conversation (I don't speak to him about baseball or any sports because he is ignorant on all accounts) the guys had to calm me down because I was yelling at him. He is so darn ignorant about sports but he argues so he deserves everything I said about him and his family.

dude you would pass up a smokin chick cause she's a cubs fan? dont get me wrong the wsox are my life however, when it comes to getting a piece of ass, especially the hot, stuck up c^ck teasing, rich wriglyville ass about the only thing that would get me to say no would be if she was an admitted member of al quieda, and even then i would consider it. hot ass is hot ass no matter what stadium it sits in.

Cubbiesuck13
06-21-2005, 02:22 AM
dude you would pass up a smokin chick cause she's a cubs fan? dont get me wrong the wsox are my life however, when it comes to getting a piece of ass, especially the hot, stuck up c^ck teasing, rich wriglyville ass about the only thing that would get me to say no would be if she was an admitted member of al quieda, and even then i would consider it. hot ass is hot ass no matter what stadium it sits in.

I would rather meet someone who could carry on a convorsation and who looked good. Naturally a Cub fan cannot.

Mark
06-21-2005, 12:59 PM
When your wife, who wouldn't know Pods from Garland, does an abbreviated version of the banana dance and with a smile says, "That's a White Sox winner." :wink:

Sad
06-21-2005, 01:39 PM

my wife gives me crap for yelling (which I haven't done as much of this year)... she just doesn't understand...

fox2
06-21-2005, 01:59 PM
Living in Europe, I only watch the day games on MLB.TV. (Night games start anywhere between 1 AM and 3 AM here, and I do have to get up and go to work. But the first thing I do in the morning after a night game is turn on the computer and check the score.) It's really bad when the Sox lose just before I go to bed. I'll lay awake for hours thinking, "Why didn't Ozzie leave Politte in instead of going to Hermanson?", etc, etc.

I think there is something to the genes thing. My sister had a date once with a guy who took her to a Cubs game. My father packed a couple of suitcases with some of her clothes and left them on the front porch. I don't think he ever asked her out again.

mikey1313
06-21-2005, 02:02 PM
You from the South Side...

...but you live in London, UK...

...you can only see the boys play on MLB.com...

..and most games begin at 1:00 AM...

...I yawn alot a work.

TheOldRoman
06-21-2005, 02:03 PM
OK, this must stop. You guys are really creeping me out.... :D:

My girlfriend gives me a really hard time about this.

- or -

Thank GOD she hates the Cubs (and their fans)... otherwise her irreverence towards my White Sox may nullify our pre-relationship agreement.

Yep, thats me. My lovely girlfriend is a huge Sox fan, but she still yells at me for wasting all my time on here. I tell her I have a sickness. I can't stop coming here, I can't stop following this team, and I wont rest until the White Sox are world champions.

TheOldRoman
06-21-2005, 02:05 PM
Umm, how are you not banned?

Sad
06-21-2005, 02:09 PM

:hawk HE GONE!

DaleJRFan
06-21-2005, 02:14 PM
I don't get the whole "I won't date a girl because she is a Cubs fan" philosophy.

I have dated a few Cubs-grrrls and to a certain extent, they are tollerable. I had a summer fling with a North Side girl and she was the typical "Mark Prior is cute" pink Cubs fat wearin' bimbo. She lasted 3 weeks.

I also dated a serious 'baseball-first fan, Cubs fan second' girl who knew a lot about baseball... lifetime Cubs fan and genuinely gave a S*** about the team. She respected the fact that I was a Sox fan and we rarely faught about it. We had a lot of fun bets... BUT... as soon as she mentioned she was a Yankee$ fan, I was outa there..

:D:

Cellview22
06-21-2005, 02:14 PM
You know you're a Soxaholic when you don't get any work done because you're on one of the Sox forums, watching Sox video clips over and over, and counting down the hours till the next game. My excuse is, a season like 2005 should be cherished to the fullest, and I should just enjoy it like crazy.

DaleJRFan
06-21-2005, 02:16 PM
I had a summer fling with a North Side girl and she was the typical "Mark Prior is cute" pink Cubs fat wearin' bimbo. She lasted 3 weeks.

I failed to mention that it turned out that she was cheating on her boyfriend, with me. :angry:

Baby Fisk
06-21-2005, 02:17 PM
As a kid in another country, you turned the TV to WGN even though the signal was scrambled, just to be able to listen to Hawk & Wimpy call Sox games.
You used your mom's makeup to "paint" a goatee on your face to complete your Black Jack McDowell Halloween costume.
You were the only person in your entire school cheering for the Sox in the '93 ALCS.
Your friends know damn sure that you don't follow the "other" Chicago team.
Based on the paraphernalia spread around your office, people immediately realize that you are a Sox fan.
You plan your social life around the Sox schedule.
Off days are for getting the rest of your life in order.
Your neighbours know a Sox batter has just hit a home run...because they could hear you yelling along with the Hawk.

soxjim
06-22-2005, 07:06 PM
To add to my former list.
Listened to the game at work today (I just can't stay away from radio, tv, or WSI) wore my SOX hat and sat holding a broom in the 9th inning. scrub fans called me a nut case.

FanofBill
06-22-2005, 07:14 PM
Listened to the game at work today (I just can't stay away from radio, tv, or WSI) wore my SOX hat and sat holding a broom in the 9th inning. scrub fans called me a nut case.

:roflmao: :roflmao:

Daver
06-22-2005, 07:27 PM

He is.

Cubbiesuck13
06-22-2005, 07:37 PM

If a scrub fan calls you a nut case then you are ok with me.

SoxFanSince67
06-22-2005, 07:52 PM
I have a tendency to wake up numerous times throughout the night. On those evening when the Sox win, I awake and fall back to sleep more relaxed, and more at peace. On the days the Sox win, I'm more eager to read the news via the internet.

CubsSuckSoBad
06-22-2005, 08:20 PM

Amen to that bro....

CubsSuckSoBad
06-22-2005, 08:26 PM
When your girlfriend informs the Nub fans at her job how much they suck and why the White Sox dominate when she doesnt even watch baseball....

And....

She screams HE GAWN!! randomly and smiles at me....:)

soxjim
06-22-2005, 08:42 PM
My 9 year old niece has the seed planted all ready. This evening we were picking up a pizza and she was yelling HE GAWN out the car window to people with cubs hats on. So I married into it and the 2 families are all Soxaholics.

np1000
06-22-2005, 09:02 PM
When the Sox game is not broadcast on TV, your search every water hole, (within a 7 mile radius and extend out 1 mile therafter) hoping one of them has an illegal satelite hookup where you can watch the game, albeit without Hawk and DJ doing the PbP.

Rehab has worked wonders for me everything except for that kicking the dog thing after a blown save.

np1000-Miami

jeff_mamola
06-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Lets face it die-hards - being a Sox fan is totally unique...anybody can cheer for the Flubs - takes someone with knowledge of the game and "kahonies" (if I spelled that wrong you get my drift) to be a Sox fan. If nobody else around the country knows of this team....they will...mark my words...they will..

gehrtsox7
06-22-2005, 09:39 PM
Sometimes I just stare off into space and daydream about White Sox highlights with cool tunes playing over them. Especially at work. I work with a Cubs fan and whenever he leaves his desk I sneek on his computer and put a Sox screensaver/background on his computer.

Dropping major cash flying around the country seeing the Sox play in different cities.

This is the best season ever! Enjoy every second of it. Thank god the 2004 year of the all the Red Sox hype is over. Its our turn to shine!

SoxFanSince67
06-22-2005, 09:47 PM
Having been a fan all these years, I often wonder what Ii will do and a how I will feel the day I'm sitting in front of my TV and the final out is recorded and the Sos have won the World Series.

MrRoboto83
06-22-2005, 10:14 PM
* Have a different Sox shirt to wear for every day of the month!!

* Somehow wear a Sox Jersey to church

* Passing out Sox Stickers to guys at work for hard hats

* Changing everyones Computers at work to Sox Wallpaper and Screensavers

CubsSuckSoBad
06-22-2005, 10:19 PM
Here's the sign of a sox-aholic:

TurkishDegs is a cub fan...dont ask me why I was talking to him...bored in Kentucky for the summer and wanting to rub in sox dominance....

TurkishDegs (11:03:39 PM): i had tickets to the skybox for the Sox today
TurkishDegs (11:03:43 PM): got them from a banker friend
TurkishDegs (11:03:50 PM): then the ****en' Sox moved the game from 7 to 1
TurkishDegs (11:03:52 PM): ****en' bastards
MBALogic2006 (11:04:08 PM): thats what you get
TurkishDegs (11:04:09 PM): i didn't get to go
MBALogic2006 (11:04:12 PM): its karma
TurkishDegs (11:04:14 PM): i'm sorry
TurkishDegs (11:04:16 PM): thats not right
TurkishDegs (11:04:18 PM): how can they do that
MBALogic2006 (11:04:28 PM): no cub fans allowed
TurkishDegs (11:04:39 PM): haha
TurkishDegs (11:04:42 PM): or Sox fans apparently
MBALogic2006 (11:05:02 PM): sox fans dont buy skybox tickets
TurkishDegs (11:05:30 PM): yeah, you don't think Sox fans that are in reg seats that bought tickets to a 7 oclock game weren't pissed when it was moved to 1
MBALogic2006 (11:06:09 PM): probably were, but die hard sox fans would have ditched work
MBALogic2006 (11:06:18 PM): priorities
TurkishDegs (11:06:23 PM): yeah, Sox fans are like that, none working lazy bastards
MBALogic2006 (11:06:24 PM): this only happens once in a lifetime
MBALogic2006 (11:06:30 PM): uhhhh no
MBALogic2006 (11:06:34 PM): sox fans have jobs
MBALogic2006 (11:06:39 PM): thats why we play at night
MBALogic2006 (11:06:46 PM): and you *******s always play during the gay
TurkishDegs (11:06:50 PM): haha
TurkishDegs (11:06:52 PM): the gay?
MBALogic2006 (11:06:52 PM): day*
TurkishDegs (11:06:53 PM): haha
MBALogic2006 (11:07:02 PM): what can i say
MBALogic2006 (11:07:06 PM): that says it all
TurkishDegs (11:07:13 PM): haha
TurkishDegs (11:07:16 PM): gtg
TurkishDegs (11:07:18 PM): take it easy
MBALogic2006 (11:07:23 PM): aight

How interesting things work out....:gulp:

Palehose Pete
06-22-2005, 11:37 PM
This is one of the best threads I've seen in a while. Except for dumping someone because they're a Cubs fan, it's freaky how many of the signs I've exhibited. I'm constantly thinking about getting a new hat (currently rocking the '64-'68 cap), buying a new jersey or sneaking off to a game without having to explain it to my girlfriend. Thanks.

scottjanssens
06-23-2005, 12:14 AM
or sneaking off to a game without having to explain it to my girlfriend. Thanks.

Bring your girlfriend so she can become a fan. Just remember the warnings on the radio comercials about sitting in left field near Pods.

Wsoxmike59
06-23-2005, 06:26 AM
Signs of a Soxaholic:

You are so hooked into the Sox that you try read everything written about them whether it’s on the papers or the web.
When a Sox game is on, you are in a different “zone”, no one else can bother you.
When you listen or watch a game and your spouses or children interrupt, you would get mad at them because they made you miss what someone said about the Sox.
When you’re in a car and someone is talking about the Sox or if the game is on; The radio is yours, no one else can touch it or change the channel.
When you’re in a car and someone is talking about the Sox, and your spouse or your children try to talk to you: you would tell them “hush”. “I am listening to something important here” or words to that effects.
You can’t wait for the next Sox game to be on even though they just finished one a few hours ago.

http://www.96five.com/image_gallery/images/gallery_65/SideShow%20Bob-A.gif

"Guilty as charged!"

Mots09
06-23-2005, 07:07 AM
Finding out at your new house your neighbors tree is too big to get a DirecTV feed and paying him a good sum of money to take about 1/2 of his tree down..... all for the love of the White Sox :smile:

steff
06-23-2005, 07:23 AM

Classy...

ilsox7
06-23-2005, 07:37 AM

Wow, evading language filters and bringing up politics. Not to mention you're extremely immature.

SoxFanTillDeath
06-23-2005, 08:52 AM
Signs of a Soxaholic:

Dang...wow, ouch! Dawg, you hit that right on the head! If that's the definition of a Soxaholic, then I for sure am one and more. So true...I'm glad there are other people out there like me!

OH!foracold1
06-23-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by FanofBill
Signs of a Soxaholic:

!

How about spending an hour on the internet at work tracking down ESPN 1000 and WGN 720 affiliates so I can try to catch the games while fishing and :gulp: in Hayward this weekend. I'd rather stay home and watch the games.

chisoxfanatic
06-23-2005, 02:47 PM
I just thought of this one, actually...

Lately, when I go on "errands," I don't spell it in its original spelling, but, instead, refer to it as going on an "Aaron."

scottjanssens
06-23-2005, 02:53 PM
I just thought of this one, actually...

Lately, when I go on "errands," I don't spell it in its original spelling, but, instead, refer to it as going on an "Aaron."

I was wondering if that was intentional or a freudian slip. :cool: