PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Reinsdorf an Ordained Minister?

The Racehorse
06-20-2005, 01:23 PM
I must have some **** in my ears, but I swear I just heard Jim Rome on his radio show say JR got ordained on-line(!)... saying that he married a couple on the fan deck at the Cell. Apparently, JR will only do one more ceremony. :?:

Wow... if JR did a few hundred marriage ceremonies through out the season, Brooks would be in Heaven! :D:

ewokpelts
06-20-2005, 01:24 PM
he's a justice of the peace......it's part of thier wedding packages.....

Gene

LVSoxFan
06-20-2005, 01:25 PM
Hey BTW he was there last night at the game--I think that's the first time I've ever seen him (although I'm guessing he's up in some luxury box when he's there).

Unregistered
06-20-2005, 01:26 PM
I'm pretty sure all it takes is about $10 and 15 minutes of time to become and ordained minister online...

TornLabrum
06-20-2005, 01:29 PM
he's a justice of the peace......it's part of thier wedding packages.....

Gene

There are no JPs in Illinois. That office was abolished something like 40 years ago.

fado
06-20-2005, 01:29 PM
I was sitting in 354 on Saturday and the married couple was two sections over to my right. I went to get beer inside and next to the girl pouring out of the cans were two wedding cakes. One was a glove and the other was a white sox hat. Someone came out to get a piece and he did say that Jerry presided over the ceremony. I thought the same thing "When did he become a Reverend?"

bennyw41
06-20-2005, 01:42 PM
I'm pretty sure all it takes is about $10 and 15 minutes of time to become and ordained minister online...

Nope. Its absolutely free. www.ulc.org (http://www.ulc.org)

I'm one.

Unregistered
06-20-2005, 01:43 PM
Nope. Its absolutely free. www.ulc.org (http://www.ulc.org/)

I'm one.Even better, thanks Benny.

Rocklive99
06-20-2005, 01:47 PM
Hey BTW he was there last night at the game--I think that's the first time I've ever seen him (although I'm guessing he's up in some luxury box when he's there).

I saw him eating breakfast/lunch at the Hyatt at McCormick Place during the All Star Game Festival thing, I didn't want to bother him though, either that or I was intimidated by the big man in the black suit, smoking a cigar at the same table

dickallen15
06-20-2005, 01:50 PM

He is usually at the game in one of the suites right above Hawk and DJ.

bennyw41
06-20-2005, 01:52 PM
Even better, thanks Benny.

Just doing my job to spread the good word....:supernana:

J Co
06-20-2005, 02:22 PM
There was an article about the Rev. Reinsdorf in the Sun Times today (I didnt' see it posted)

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-ssep20.html

DSpivack
06-20-2005, 02:42 PM
how odd...
i thought he was jewish, although I guess this isn't exactly a religious affiliation.

34 Inch Stick
06-20-2005, 03:18 PM
He became a reverend in the world church of the creator. I think Steve Dahl did that bit about 25 years ago.

LuvSox
06-20-2005, 03:56 PM
And all this time I thought he was the devil :)

GiveMeSox
06-20-2005, 04:50 PM
I must have some **** in my ears, but I swear I just heard Jim Rome on his radio show say JR got ordained on-line(!)... saying that he married a couple on the fan deck at the Cell. Apparently, JR will only do one more ceremony. :?:

Wow... if JR did a few hundred marriage ceremonies through out the season, Brooks would be in Heaven! :D:

Jerry Reinsdorf is Jewish, like me and lot of other here (HebrewHammer). He is in the Jewish Pro Sports Hall of Fame. The last thing I would see him do is become a minister of any sort even if it was for marrying people. Its the wrong religion, maybe he will become a rabbi.

downstairs
06-20-2005, 04:54 PM
Jerry Reinsdorf is Jewish, like me and lot of other here (HebrewHammer). He is in the Jewish Pro Sports Hall of Fame. The last thing I would see him do is become a minister of any sort even if it was for marrying people. Its the wrong religion, maybe he will become a rabbi.

First of all, I hope someone is an eye doctor here... because the CYAN BUUUURRRRNS!

Secondly, its a fake religion... so I'm sure its OK. Its all for marketing :cool:

StillMissOzzie
06-20-2005, 05:33 PM
:reinsy

"Come one, come all, to the US Cellular Cathedral. Services nightly, except for an occassional daylight meeting. We often take this revival meeting on the road to spread the good word."

SMO
:D:

Hangar18
06-20-2005, 05:37 PM

Reverend Reinsdorf also got degreed for the following 30 minute online classes:

Urban Planning and Neighborhood Redevelopment
Public Speaking and Good PR I/II
How to Build a Better Ballpark

elrod
06-21-2005, 01:38 AM
He became a reverend in the world church of the creator. I think Steve Dahl did that bit about 25 years ago.

Isn't that Matt Hale's "church"?

Erik The Red
06-21-2005, 01:46 AM
Isn't that Matt Hale's "church"?
Haha, that's what I was thinking, it sounds like some white supremacist group.

FarWestChicago
06-21-2005, 01:53 AM
maybe he will become a rabbi.:tealpolice:

:tealtutor:

Cubbiesuck13
06-21-2005, 01:59 AM
What kind of omen is that for their marriage.

"Well, I promise to be te classy man in your life that your dad obiously wasn't"
"Bitch, you better spend money if you want me around"
"If I don't get that Harley, I know some good women in Tampa who would love to buy me one, in fact they all ready have one"

Cubbiesuck13
06-21-2005, 02:11 AM
I just got ordained.

chisoxfanatic
06-21-2005, 03:41 AM
Hmmmmmm, maybe I should consider JR when the time comes to get married...

Although my boyfriend IS a Red Sox fan...Don't know if he would oblige...

Mercy!
06-21-2005, 04:30 AM
This thread is a hoot!

Iím new around here, so Iím thinking now is a good time to take the plunge and say "Hi." I found this site a few weeks ago and have been enjoying it ever since. Iíve been a Sox fan since moving to Chicago in 1977. The only other baseball team I ever rooted for was the Washington Senators ("First in war, first in peace, last in the American League").

Oy gevalt, "The Reverend Jerry Reinsdorf" ordained by the Universal Life Church? Thatís just not right. :dunno:

doublem23
06-21-2005, 05:01 AM
:welcome:

On an unrelated sidenote, I do expect to begin being called my proper name; the Reverend Doublem23.

Wsoxmike59
06-21-2005, 06:38 AM

"Come one, come all, to the US Cellular Cathedral. Services nightly, except for an occassional daylight meeting. We often take this revival meeting on the road to spread the good word."

SMO
:D:

C'mon I did it just to make U.S. Cellular, uh I mean Cathedral a tax exempt organization. That's an extra 6.75% in my pocket!!

Viva Medias B's
06-21-2005, 06:52 AM
With JR as an ordained minister, I wonder if he'll appear from his sky suite and give blessings to the crowd the same way Pope Benedict XVI does from his apartment window.

skottyj242
06-21-2005, 09:42 AM
I got "ordained" a year ago and performed a friends wedding in Joliet, I signed the marriage certificate and everything. About a week later the county called me and asked for my information and said it was on the level and they've been happily married ever since.

LuvSox
06-21-2005, 10:39 AM
This thread is a hoot!

Iím new around here, so Iím thinking now is a good time to take the plunge and say "Hi."

Welcome Mercy!, nice name :D:

Foulke You
06-21-2005, 10:50 AM
Ok, I'm disappointed...nay...SHOCKED that there were no photoshopped images of Reinsdorf's face over the Pope's body in this thread.:D:

Unregistered
06-21-2005, 11:32 AM
Hmmmmmm, maybe I should consider JR when the time comes to get married...

Although my boyfriend IS a Red Sox fan...Don't know if he would oblige...

Red Sox?

Blech, keep looking. :D:

fquaye149
06-21-2005, 11:56 AM
Reverend Reinsdorf also got degreed for the following 30 minute online classes:

Urban Planning and Neighborhood Redevelopment
Public Speaking and Good PR I/II
How to Build a Better Ballpark

could you get ordained in "Letting bygones be for as long as the Sox are the best team in baseball"?

chisoxfanatic
06-21-2005, 01:53 PM
Red Sox?

Blech, keep looking. :D:

We actually met at a Blackhawks game of all things...The Hawks happen to be both of our favorite sports team...He's from the Toronto area...And he's not a Cubs fan. :cool:

skobabe8
06-21-2005, 05:33 PM

My buddy just did it and thats about accurate.