PDA

View Full Version : Military Discount night?

windycityson
06-20-2005, 10:15 AM
Has anybody heard of a military discount night?

CubKilla
06-20-2005, 10:20 AM
I think if you buy day of game tix, show a military ID and you get half off. Not sure though.

miker
06-20-2005, 10:34 AM
Speaking as someone who as absolutely no authority, I would think it is the least we could do, especially for those who have served overseas.

dickallen15
06-20-2005, 10:41 AM
I always thought a military ID day of game got you comped except for the Cubs, Yankees and Red Sox series.

hawkjt
06-20-2005, 11:50 AM
anyone with info on this? My son is coming back home on leave next week and altho I know we will be scrambling for tickets out front for the Cubs series and probably wont get in ,he and I also plan on hitting the Tampa and A's series' and maybe he can catch a break on tickets to those games. Any info appreciated.

ewokpelts
06-20-2005, 12:10 PM
ALL soldiers with VALID Millitary id get ONE FREE ticket. for more info, call the sox at 312-674-1000.
Not sure if family menbers get discount tix.......some teams offer it, some dont...
Gene

Erik The Red
06-20-2005, 12:16 PM
I'm about to enter the Army, and my recruiter said that you can get one free ticket after the first pitch is thrown, with a valid military ID. But I'd call The Cell to be sure.

ozzman
06-20-2005, 01:21 PM
Day of game tickets are free for military members. I have gone to many many games this way. It is not after first pitch, I have gone and picked up tickets at noon for a night game and they had no problem giving me the tickets. My wife has used her dependent ID and gotten free tickets without a problem as well. Hope this helps. it really is a great promotion and I am glad to take part in it.

Erik The Red
06-20-2005, 01:31 PM
Day of game tickets are free for military members. I have gone to many many games this way. It is not after first pitch, I have gone and picked up tickets at noon for a night game and they had no problem giving me the tickets. My wife has used her dependent ID and gotten free tickets without a problem as well. Hope this helps. it really is a great promotion and I am glad to take part in it.
Interesting, maybe he was confusing the Sox' policy with the Urinal's...

soxjim
06-20-2005, 06:51 PM
anyone with info on this? My son is coming back home on leave next week and altho I know we will be scrambling for tickets out front for the Cubs series and probably wont get in ,he and I also plan on hitting the Tampa and A's series' and maybe he can catch a break on tickets to those games. Any info appreciated.

just show your military id. i did for a game against cleveland and got a complimentary ticket in 113. also have done it and got upper box depends on availability.

Cubbiesuck13
06-20-2005, 06:58 PM
SOX Park is great about this. I was in the Delayed Entry Program for a few months waiting to go to boot camp and they let me have two free. The DEP card is not a valid millitary ID either. This was a few years ago but I am glad to hear have not done away with the special.

downstairs
06-20-2005, 07:01 PM

I have no info for you... but I'll be celebrating my 30th at one of the Tampa games, and if i caught up with your son, all his beers would be on me...

AJPosguchi
06-20-2005, 07:02 PM
WOW, This is great news!

I have been in the military for over 22 years, and I'll be home in July!
I will definately use this opportunity to maximize my White Sox attendance, Thanks!

downstairs
06-20-2005, 07:05 PM
Interesting, maybe he was confusing the Sox' policy with the Urinal's...

Yeah, I don't think you get a military discount there, but if youre 21 years old, female, blonde, and wear a tank top, I *do* believe you get in free. Been awhile since I checked their policy.

:cool:

Erik The Red
06-21-2005, 12:20 AM
SOX Park is great about this. I was in the Delayed Entry Program for a few months waiting to go to boot camp and they let me have two free. The DEP card is not a valid millitary ID either. This was a few years ago but I am glad to hear have not done away with the special.
Hmm, I got a DEP card... I should put it to good use before I leave next month :D:

Cubbiesuck13
06-21-2005, 12:34 AM
Hmm, I got a DEP card... I should put it to good use before I leave next month :D:

Use it because you are going to need those memories when you can't get any info on the team. I left in the middle of August a few years back when the SOX were close to first. They managed to get there and drop back to 2nd. The entire time I was asking all the civilian workers up in Great Mistakes about them. Most of them gave me 'I dunno, but the Cubs won last night.' It's a good thing they don't allow the recruits to carry guns anymore...
What branch are you going in?

irish rover
06-21-2005, 06:54 AM
I'm glad they are offering free tickets, when I should my ID a couple years ago I got in for 1/2 price