PDA

View Full Version : Dominoes begin to fall....

Soxheads
06-20-2005, 12:11 AM
Broadway to start Tuesday, Haeger bumped to AA. Charlotte Knights online roster has added Lubisich and Little.

I have to say I've been fairly impressed by Nik and it'll be interesting to see how he does against AAA competition.

charlotteknights
06-20-2005, 08:49 AM
Ok, let's be honest here. This is worst team that Chicago has put down here. I know everyone is a big Kenny fan, but since he's taken over, Charlotte hasn't played 500 ball a single year. They go to the triple A world series and then he comes in and they are a joke in this city. The reason they don't have a stadium downtown is because the powers that count in Charlotte haven't seen anything positive come out of that stadium since the trip to Las Vegas. Other teams that are coming to town have 6 year veterans and are putting up decent numbers. He sends us broken down 6 year veterans are kids who aren't ready to be here. Little did very well yesterday considering the size of our park and the fact that they threw him to the lions. But no matter how much we complain about our park, it's the same size for the other team. Props go out to Nick Leyva for not being thrown out of a game yet. He has to be totally frustrated at this point. I don't know why the Sox don't do away with their triple A team since no effort of any kind is put into making it somewhat decent. As a season ticket holder, it's going to be hard for me to sign up again next year if things don't happen here. I love the Sox and have been a die-hard fan for over 20 years but this is a pitiful showing of the organization. Charlotte is where old players come to die or players that the Sox are through with, i.e., Burke in particular get sent. I'm sure that Gload was worried when he was sent down, wondering if he'd ever get back up. Hats off to you, Leyva, for not exploding. You can only do so much with what you've got. Chalotte is a team by default and has the same results. Thank God that the Sox are doing so well. Kenny will keep his job a little longer.

Frater Perdurabo
06-20-2005, 09:54 AM
Thank God that the Sox are doing so well. Kenny will keep his job a little longer.

You answered your own question. If given the choice, I'm sure KW and about 99.9% of Sox fans would prefer a great Sox team and a crappy AAA team over a crappy Sox team and a great AAA team. I know it sucks right now for y'all in Charlotte, but soon some of the high draft picks from the past few seasons will begin piling up at the AAA level. Hang in there....

:bandance:

diamondkings29
06-20-2005, 10:04 AM
Charlotte Knights season ticket holder.....I agree with you. The Sox have some talent down there in Bajenaru, Fields, Cassanova, Anderson, Spidale, etc.....and it makes me think that after they have moved Kris Honel to Birmingham outright, it has me thinking that a deal is in the making and some of the Charlotte folks are going to be thrown into a package. With the bullpen holding up in Chicago, there are some nice relievers in Charlotte that are going to be used to bring someone into the big league team. That is my opinion, but take it for what it is worth.

I saw the team in Indianapolis and they have a hard time executing. Guys left in scoring position is my biggest pet peive and there is no great moral down there, they blow their games as you have seen and something needs to be done to the chemistry of that team the second half of the season or else it is going to be one long summer.......

Randar68
06-20-2005, 11:19 AM
Ok, let's be honest here. This is worst team that Chicago has put down here. I know everyone is a big Kenny fan, but since he's taken over, Charlotte hasn't played 500 ball a single year. They go to the triple A world series and then he comes in and they are a joke in this city. The reason they don't have a stadium downtown is because the powers that count in Charlotte haven't seen anything positive come out of that stadium since the trip to Las Vegas. Other teams that are coming to town have 6 year veterans and are putting up decent numbers. He sends us broken down 6 year veterans are kids who aren't ready to be here. Little did very well yesterday considering the size of our park and the fact that they threw him to the lions. But no matter how much we complain about our park, it's the same size for the other team. Props go out to Nick Leyva for not being thrown out of a game yet. He has to be totally frustrated at this point. I don't know why the Sox don't do away with their triple A team since no effort of any kind is put into making it somewhat decent. As a season ticket holder, it's going to be hard for me to sign up again next year if things don't happen here. I love the Sox and have been a die-hard fan for over 20 years but this is a pitiful showing of the organization. Charlotte is where old players come to die or players that the Sox are through with, i.e., Burke in particular get sent. I'm sure that Gload was worried when he was sent down, wondering if he'd ever get back up. Hats off to you, Leyva, for not exploding. You can only do so much with what you've got. Chalotte is a team by default and has the same results. Thank God that the Sox are doing so well. Kenny will keep his job a little longer.

Did you just cut and paste this from your preseason hissy fits?

That team is chalk full of minor league veterans and has the 2 highest-rated prospects in the organization on the team. Yet, it's Kenny's fault? I love Nick Leyva, but if they aren't executing and can't do anything with the team that is there now, what is the justification for him having a job?

BTW, having a team of AAAA players doesn't help the big league club, and Kenny won't have a job if he doesn't win at the big league level. What happens in the minor leagues is incidental in that regard, something you have yet to grasp.

With that bullpen, the veteran players all over the roster, the 2 best prospects in the organization on the team... *** are you bitching about at Kenny? Maybe Nick needs to get his ass thrown out of a few games and start lighting a couple fires...

elrod
06-20-2005, 11:41 AM
Take a look at most AAA teams and they are filled with the same types that populate the Charlotte Knights: elderly retreads, AAAA Roosevelt Brown types, career minor leaguers and one or two genuine rising starts. I've always felt that the real level to watch to gauge the future of a big league organization is the AA level because the competition there is serious but all the players are on their way up. It sucks to be a Knights season ticket holder but no AAA team is designed for the interests of the AAA team. They exist to serve the big league club.

Soxheads
06-20-2005, 01:17 PM
Looking like Reyes to Charlotte and Lopez to BHam, according to online rosters. Also talk of Jenks to Charlotte.

FedEx227
06-20-2005, 01:34 PM
What everyones said... the AAA team is there to service the Big League team. The minors are more about individual performance as opposed to total team. Look at Brandon McCarthy, we know hes good, yet when on the Knights his record is laughable...

sorry for you, but for 99% of the Sox fans who don't live in Charlotte and aren't season ticket holders the team can suck just as long as the major league team is successful (which it is).

California Sox
06-20-2005, 02:26 PM
Looking like Reyes to Charlotte and Lopez to BHam, according to online rosters. Also talk of Jenks to Charlotte.

About time Lopez went to AA. It was so unfair to have him basically skip that level.

With Baj, Fields, and Jenks, Charlotte would have a pretty good bullpen. Now, if they can just get the lead every once in a while...