PDA

View Full Version : Read and hurl. These guys are morons

gobears1987
06-19-2005, 09:24 PM
http://imdb.com/title/tt0107985/board/nest/8906911
Flub fans need have a collective IQ of 2.

Cubbiesuck13
06-19-2005, 09:30 PM
I won't register but please tell me it is not a review for the Life of Woo Woo.

ChiWhiteSox1337
06-19-2005, 09:37 PM
I won't register but please tell me it is not a review for the Life of Woo Woo.
It's garbage about the great tradition :rolleyes: of throwing the ball back.

Banix12
06-19-2005, 09:57 PM
Meh, who cares. While I hate the tradition of throwing back home run balls, I don't mind it as much as long as they keep it to their own stadium. now when a cub fan comes to the cell and throws a ball back, that's when I get mad. Though it's just not worth arguing about on the IMDB message board.

The only thing that ever angered me about the tradition of throwing it back at Wrigley is that you don't really have the option of keeping it, you'll get pestered and hassled until either you throw it back or it is ripped from your hands by a mob and they throw it back. I'm just waiting for the day a kid gets hurt by a drunk guy because the kid wants to keep the ball.

pearso66
06-19-2005, 11:10 PM
If I ever sat in the bleachers at Wrigley, which won't happen, but hypothetical, and I caught a HR by the other team, there is no way I throw it back. I have never caught a ball during a game, so it would basically be a once in a lifetime thing. If someone gets pestered, and a mob comes after them, just call security, get the drunks thrown out.

Banix12
06-19-2005, 11:57 PM
If I ever sat in the bleachers at Wrigley, which won't happen, but hypothetical, and I caught a HR by the other team, there is no way I throw it back. I have never caught a ball during a game, so it would basically be a once in a lifetime thing. If someone gets pestered, and a mob comes after them, just call security, get the drunks thrown out.

From what I have heard from friends who have sat back there and witnessed such events, if you are getting pestered to throw back a ball the ushers are more likely to remove you to a safer place in the stadium than they are to throw out the mob that is urging you to throw it back. just because it is easier to remove one person than it is to remove 20.

Dick Allen
06-20-2005, 10:22 AM
Although I would probably never sit out there, I would love to be in the bleachers and catch a HR ball, and have the retards try to get it from me. As the man would say, "make my day".

elrod
06-20-2005, 10:34 AM
Throwing the opposing team's HR ball back is disrespectful to the game of baseball, period. If I were an opposing player at Wrigley I would NEVER hand an end-of-inning ball to a fan there. Give it to the umpire to discard.

PatK
06-20-2005, 11:07 AM
The only thing that ever angered me about the tradition of throwing it back at Wrigley is that you don't really have the option of keeping it, you'll get pestered and hassled until either you throw it back or it is ripped from your hands by a mob and they throw it back. I'm just waiting for the day a kid gets hurt by a drunk guy because the kid wants to keep the ball.

I caught a ball once, flaunted it and faked like I was going to throw it back, then put it in my pants.

fquaye149
06-20-2005, 11:14 AM
I caught a ball once, flaunted it and faked like I was going to throw it back, then put it in my pants.

you and a million other bleacher bums :)

billnahorodny
06-20-2005, 11:34 AM
The only acceptable throwback scenario I can think of would be a Flubs-Sox game at the Urinal where a Sox fan would throw back the Flubs HR. :cool:

SOXSINCE'70
06-20-2005, 11:59 AM
It's garbage about the great tradition :rolleyes: of throwing the ball back.

I won't register to read these drillrods and their BS,but my friends and I
look like geniuses for staying away from Sox Park this weekend.The fans of
"the greatest baseball team on Earth" :roflmao:are determined to make Sox
fans look like they're insane.I'm just not going to play that game.
When the drunks start fights and tumble from the upper deck and
the off duty Chicago cops have a busy weekend,i'd prefer
to just sit this one out.:angry: :angry: I go to games at Sox Park to be
entertained, not to start a riot.

skobabe8
06-20-2005, 02:16 PM
you and a million other bleacher bums :)

And switch it with a little league ball and throw THAT ONE back and fool everyone in Iowa.