PDA

View Full Version : El Duque On DL; McCarthy pitches tomorrow

White Sox Josh
06-19-2005, 02:00 PM
He is experiencing stiffness in his shoulder. I have heard two different reports: 1 says that he will make his next start on monday(whitesox.com and ESPN 1000's Ben Finfer) and another one says that he will be going to the DL and McCarthy will start Tuesday while Garland starts Monday. Does anyone know something else?

CallMeNuts
06-19-2005, 02:16 PM
Garland should go on Monday since he's on normal rest (and I have tickets). Even if they think El Duque is fine, they should give him an extra day. Contreras and Hernandez need more bullpen help than the rest of the rotation and it is a good time to split them up in the rotation.

White Sox Josh
06-19-2005, 02:17 PM
Garland should go on Monday since he's on normal rest (and I have tickets). Even if they think El Duque is fine, they should give him an extra day. Contreras and Hernandez need more bullpen help than the rest of the rotation and it is a good time to split them up in the rotation.Apparently McCarthy isn't starting today. He was supposed to.

TDog
06-19-2005, 02:22 PM
Apparently McCarthy isn't starting today. He was supposed to.

Maybe the Sox feel McCarthy is a good choice against against KC and Lima, with his 7-plus ERA. At least he wouldn't be on short rest.

I would probably prefer Garland if I were going to the game, but I like the fact that the Sox haven't skipped over turns in the rotation this year. The extra day of rest here and there may help late in the season.

PAPChiSox729
06-19-2005, 03:24 PM
Maybe the Sox feel McCarthy is a good choice against against KC and Lima, with his 7-plus ERA. At least he wouldn't be on short rest.

I would probably prefer Garland if I were going to the game, but I like the fact that the Sox haven't skipped over turns in the rotation this year. The extra day of rest here and there may help late in the season.

It would be nice to see McCarthy face, with all do respect to KC, an AAAA ballclub. He got crushed pretty badly at Texas, so maybe a start against a weaker lineup would help out his confidence. I'm sure El Duque could always use some extra rest anyways.

DickAllen72
06-19-2005, 05:11 PM
As reported on WSCR.

I didn't see this posted here yet.

ramorgan1
06-19-2005, 05:20 PM
As reported on WSCR.

I didn't see this posted here yet.

I haven't heard that yet, but if it's true, Go McCarthy! I'll be there to root him on!

whitesoxfan
06-19-2005, 05:22 PM
it was speculated in this thread:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52366

well that sucks for El Duque but this would also be BMac's first career home start as well.

California Sox
06-19-2005, 05:30 PM
I wish McCarthy could get on a roll first in AAA, but you can't always get what you want.

White Sox Josh
06-19-2005, 05:33 PM
What about starting Hermy. He needs the work anyways.

wxkid23
06-19-2005, 05:33 PM
The bigger concern is El Duque's health. This is his 2nd trip to the DL. I haven't felt he has really been "right" all season pitching.. his k rates are down too. Im starting to wonder if as healthy as he seemed before the season, the injury plague around him seems to be coming back. Hopefully he can get this cleared up before the stretch run, we need him.

CYGarland20
06-19-2005, 05:35 PM
So he will pitch against the cruds again. How long is El Duque on the DL, 15 days??

whitesoxfan
06-19-2005, 05:36 PM
What about starting Hermy. He needs the work anyways.

his arm would need to be stretched out and he hasn't gone longer then 2 innings this season. If he started, it would probably wind up as being a piggy-back start because at most, he'd probably only go like 4 innings.

White Sox Josh
06-19-2005, 05:37 PM
his arm would need to be stretched out and he hasn't gone longer then 2 innings this season. If he started, it would probably wind up as being a piggy-back start because at most, he'd probably only go like 4 innings.good point.

kevingrt
06-19-2005, 05:38 PM
McCarthy is best for this job. El Duque better get tons of rest. I don't want to have KW be shopping for a starting pitcher come the trading deadline. That would suck.

DickAllen72
06-19-2005, 05:40 PM
It's unfortunate about El Duque, but the Sox are doing the right thing being cautious with him to hopefully have him strong down the stretch.

I wish they would pitch Garland tomorrow on normal rest, that way he would pitch against the Cubs instead of BMac. The Cubs have already seen BMac recently and he has shown both in Texas and in AAA that he isn't quite ready yet.

BMac will do OK, but I hate to have him face the Cubs or any team that has just seen him so recently.

Another reason they should move Garland up is so that when Duque comes back and replaces McCarthy, Garland would then be slotted between Contreras and Duque, presumably helping out the bullpen by not having two likely "bullpen days" in a row.

gobears1987
06-19-2005, 05:41 PM
I'm going to be there and I'm excited, not about el Duque being hurt, but seeing McCarthy. I have a feeling I will one day brag about seeing the great Brandon McCarthy's first home start. This kid is good. He did well against the Cubs. Some may say he sucked in Texas, but Garland got hit for even more runs, and we know he doesn't suck. You can't judge his performance against the best hitting team in baseball.

Kogs35
06-19-2005, 05:48 PM
kenny has said in the past they dont was el duque starting 34 games.

Cubbiesuck13
06-19-2005, 05:50 PM
It's unfortunate about El Duque, but the Sox are doing the right thing being cautious with him to hopefully have him strong down the stretch.

I wish they would pitch Garland tomorrow on normal rest, that way he would pitch against the Cubs instead of BMac. The Cubs have already seen BMac recently and he has shown both in Texas and in AAA that he isn't quite ready yet.

BMac will do OK, but I hate to have him face the Cubs or any team that has just seen him so recently.

Another reason they should move Garland up is so that when Duque comes back and replaces McCarthy, Garland would then be slotted between Contreras and Duque, presumably helping out the bullpen by not having two likely "bullpen days" in a row.
Pitching on normal rest and pitching in a normal routine are different. All of the starters are doing incredible and all of them have been on record as saying they love knowing when they are going to pitch. This came up before during the first Flub series and I think it is best for the staff to have their normal routine not be molested.

Brian26
06-19-2005, 05:52 PM
Again, it's more precautionary than anything with El Duque. He's got some tightness in his neck, and they're going to take it easy with him. That's fine. He's an older pitcher, and we'll need him down the stretch. Come playoff time, he'll probably be coming out of the pen anyway. McCarthy will fill in quite nicely here.

gf2020
06-19-2005, 06:00 PM
Has anybody besides the Score weighed in on this? Are we sure McCarthy is going tomorrow and not Tuesday?

Cubbiesuck13
06-19-2005, 06:01 PM
Again, it's more precautionary than anything with El Duque. He's got some tightness in his neck, and they're going to take it easy with him. That's fine. He's an older pitcher, and we'll need him down the stretch. Come playoff time, he'll probably be coming out of the pen anyway. McCarthy will fill in quite nicely here.

Come out of the pen in the playoffs? He is their biggest big-game pitcher! No way does he come from the pen, IMO.
Now back to your regulary scheduled thread...

DickAllen72
06-19-2005, 06:01 PM
Pitching on normal rest and pitching in a normal routine are different. All of the starters are doing incredible and all of them have been on record as saying they love knowing when they are going to pitch. This came up before during the first Flub series and I think it is best for the staff to have their normal routine not be molested.

That's a valid point.

However, I believe they were considering splitting up Contreras and Duque before, so this would be a convenient time to do it. Also, seeing that BMac still seems to be not quite ready for the big show, I wish he didn't have to go out and pitch against a team that just saw him.

I guess I'll have to trust Ozzie and Coop on this one. They know a lot more about it than I do. :smile:

NDSox12
06-19-2005, 06:03 PM
With two off days coming up in the span of five days, I think it would make sense to start McCarthy tomorrow night and then skip that spot in the rotation until it is necessary again (July 2nd). Not only woult this keep McCarthy out of the Cubs series, but it would also keep the other starters from having too much time off between starts.

As it currently stands, Garland and Buehrle will start on Tuesday and Wednesday and will then have a full week off before their next start. I think it would be appropriate to bump them up a day the second time around. Just my two cents.

Cubbiesuck13
06-19-2005, 06:04 PM
That's a valid point.

However, I believe they were considering splitting up Contreras and Duque before, so this would be a convenient time to do it. Also, seeing that BMac still seems to be not quite ready for the big show, I wish he didn't have to go out and pitch against a team that just saw him.

I guess I'll have to trust Ozzie and Coop on this one. They know a lot more about it than I do. :smile:

I have thought about splitting them up as well, however, since the team is doing so well and the bullpen is also doing well (contrary to popular oppinion) I don't think there is need to change anything. Now if the team was struggling to keep above .500 then it would be adiffferent story.

DickAllen72
06-19-2005, 06:05 PM
WSCR just had a clip of KW saying that if BMac does well this time around, he may stay with the big club.

[My Speculation]That would indicate they may have to trade a pitcher. Or, maybe cut Timo and go with a 12 man pitching staff. The way Everett has been playing outfield, and if Frank stays healthy, Timo is not needed. Interesting.[/My Speculation]

Cubbiesuck13
06-19-2005, 06:07 PM
WSCR just had a clip of KW saying that if BMac does well this time around, he may stay with the big club.

[My Speculation]That would indicate they may have to trade a pitcher. Interesting.[/My Speculation]

Did he say if he would be starting or not? I hope he does well but I don't want to see him stay up with the club before september call ups. Not even from the pen.

DickAllen72
06-19-2005, 06:11 PM
Did he say if he would be starting or not? I hope he does well but I don't want to see him stay up with the club before september call ups. Not even from the pen.He didn't say.

All he said was that BMac was at a point in his development, and the Sox at a point in their season, that there is a possibility that BMac will be up to stay if he performs well.

Brian26
06-19-2005, 06:12 PM
Come out of the pen in the playoffs? He is their biggest big-game pitcher! No way does he come from the pen, IMO.

On a staff with Buehrle, Garcia and Garland, you're telling me El Duque's the biggest "big game" pitcher? Maybe he was a big-game pitcher with the Yankees five years ago, and maybe he still is, but I'm gonna go with one of the three previously mentioned guys. In the playoffs, we won't need a five-man rotation. We'll need 4 guys at the most, and maybe 3 if we get in trouble. Either Contreras or El Duque will be in the pen.

ScottsdaleSoxFan
06-19-2005, 06:12 PM
B Mac is getting lit up in AAA. I really don't want him in the show. Why have the Sox never pondered bringing up Adkins who they tried to convert in to a starter. He has much more majors experience than McCarthy. McCarthy is not ready for the bigs yet.

whitesoxfan
06-19-2005, 06:13 PM
B Mac is getting lit up in AAA. I really don't want him in the show. Why have the Sox never pondered bringing up Adkins who they tried to convert in to a starter. He has much more majors experience than McCarthy. McCarthy is not ready for the bigs yet.

Adkins isn't even an option. He's been terrible in AAA this season.

Brian26
06-19-2005, 06:14 PM

[My Speculation]That would indicate they may have to trade a pitcher. Or, maybe cut Timo and go with a 12 man pitching staff. The way Everett has been playing outfield, and if Frank stays healthy, Timo is not needed. Interesting.[/My Speculation]

I guess it's a beautiful situation to be in when there's so much debate as to who to cut as the 25th man. I hate going with a 12-man pitching staff when our starters have generally been going deep into games all season. Yet, when I look at the pen, it's hard to pick someone that should be expendable. Is it possible we could send Viz down to the minors?

Brian26
06-19-2005, 06:15 PM
Adkins isn't even an option. He's been terrible in AAA this season.

What's discouraging is that he had an outstanding Spring Training and just missed making the club. It's been all-downhill since then. His trade value was probably the highest on April 1.

DickAllen72
06-19-2005, 06:20 PM
I guess it's a beautiful situation to be in when there's so much debate as to who to cut as the 25th man. I hate going with a 12-man pitching staff when our starters have generally been going deep into games all season. Yet, when I look at the pen, it's hard to pick someone that should be expendable. Is it possible we could send Viz down to the minors?

My thoughts exactly.

I doubt they would send Viz down.

Cubbiesuck13
06-19-2005, 06:22 PM
On a staff with Buehrle, Garcia and Garland, you're telling me El Duque's the biggest "big game" pitcher? Maybe he was a big-game pitcher with the Yankees five years ago, and maybe he still is, but I'm gonna go with one of the three previously mentioned guys. In the playoffs, we won't need a five-man rotation. We'll need 4 guys at the most, and maybe 3 if we get in trouble. Either Contreras or El Duque will be in the pen.

I would put JC in the pen if it were my choice and if it came down to three pitchers I would go with experience thus JG going to the pen. I guess we will get to see when the season comes down the stretch as to who pitches better under pressure. I tell you this though, it beats debating who should be the fifth starter.

Cubbiesuck13
06-19-2005, 06:24 PM

I think KW is tired of seeing him rocked in AAA, hence the demotion to face the Royals and Scrubs.

Brian26
06-19-2005, 06:25 PM
I would put JC in the pen if it were my choice and if it came down to three pitchers I would go with experience thus JG going to the pen. I guess we will get to see when the season comes down the stretch as to who pitches better under pressure. I tell you this though, it beats debating who should be the fifth starter.

Agreed, it's a nice debate to have, but you'd consider putting Garland in the bullpen? :?: Garland might be the starting pitcher in the All-Star Game.

Cubbiesuck13
06-19-2005, 06:30 PM
Agreed, it's a nice debate to have, but you'd consider putting Garland in the bullpen? :?: Garland might be the starting pitcher in the All-Star Game.

True, but the Playoffs are a whole new ballgame and I would feel more confident with someone who has more experience. This is the first time JG has been consistantly dominant. Like I said, I feel that The Duke is the best big-game pitcher they have and making him come out of the pen is against everthing KW has said about him this past off-season.

Chisoxfn
06-19-2005, 06:30 PM
Has anybody besides the Score weighed in on this? Are we sure McCarthy is going tomorrow and not Tuesday?

From what I was told, Bmac is still scheduled for Tuesday, but that could change and I haven't heard anything since earlier today (was at a ballgame).

Garland would be on normal rest and I know Coop has made mention of him moving up plus they want to break up the domincian arms and they feel this is an opportunity to do just that.

Chisoxfn
06-19-2005, 06:31 PM

Like I said somewhere else, this is not a temporary move if Bmac does well. It appears they are going to hold out Duque for a decent amount of time, especially if Brandon pitches well. If he doesn't, than Duque is still an option as he could even go tomorrow if necessary, but Sox are playing everything safe.

Chisoxfn
06-19-2005, 06:32 PM
Adkins = AWFUL

Chisoxfn
06-19-2005, 06:34 PM
Lets settle this debate. El Duque blows, he's lucky his ERA isn't 6. You don't have long term success in this league with a WHIP the size of his. He gives up too many hits and walks too many guys and has been brutal all year. He's probably the luckiest pitcher in baseball this season (sorry I call it like it is and I'm not saying he hasn't been a good pitcher in the past, but this year he has been far from that...of course he's still light years better than the 5th starters the Sox had been trotting out the past couple years).

gobears1987
06-19-2005, 06:35 PM
Don't judge any pitcher based on results in Charlotte. The power alleys there are 340. Anyone can hit a HR there.

Lip Man 1
06-19-2005, 06:35 PM
Is there a specific reason why Hernandez is back on the DL again after only two or three starts since the last DL appearance.

The first time I could see the reasoning to keep him fresh, he pitched seven weeks...but this time so soon after coming off the DL? Hmmmmm...I don't know about getting him 'rest' this time.

My impression is something is going on in his arm, elbow, shoulder take your pick.

Lip

Chisoxfn
06-19-2005, 06:38 PM
Is there a specific reason why Hernandez is back on the DL again after only two or three starts since the last DL appearance.

The first time I could see the reasoning to keep him fresh, he pitched seven weeks...but this time so soon after coming off the DL? Hmmmmm...I don't know about getting him 'rest' this time.

My impression is something is going on in his arm, elbow, shoulder take your pick.

Lip
He's had tightness in his shoulder. He wants to pitch, Sox don't want him to. I also think it has more to do with the fact he's struggling and the Sox know Bmac is a better pitcher than his numbers show. Of course I'm bias cause I can't freaking stand Duque.

gobears1987
06-19-2005, 06:38 PM
From what I was told, Bmac is still scheduled for Tuesday, but that could change and I haven't heard anything since earlier today (was at a ballgame).

Garland would be on normal rest and I know Coop has made mention of him moving up plus they want to break up the domincian arms and they feel this is an opportunity to do just that.
One they are Cubans, not Dominicans. I'm going to start calling you Kramer since you can't tell the difference between the 2 unless they roll cigars (Just joking there.:tongue:)

Why start BMac on Monday? Why not let Garland go? I agree that the Cubans need to be split.

Lip Man 1
06-19-2005, 06:43 PM
Pap:

Except the Royals have been on fire since Buddy Bell took over. At least Sweeney's out again.

Lip

Chisoxfn
06-19-2005, 06:50 PM
One they are Cubans, not Dominicans. I'm going to start calling you Kramer since you can't tell the difference between the 2 unless they roll cigars (Just joking there.:tongue:)

Why start BMac on Monday? Why not let Garland go? I agree that the Cubans need to be split.
From what I heard (and I know I was right last time Bmac was up cause they had him pitching Saturday at first when I said it would be Sunday all along) Bmac is pitching on Tuesday and Garland will be moved up (still on normal rest though, because they had Thursday off) to Monday.

That also means Garland will pitch the finale of the Cubs series so the rotation for the upcoming week will be (based on my sources): Contreras (Dodgers); Garland, Bmac, Buehrle (3 of them for the Royals); Garcia, Contreras, Garland (Cubs series).

MRKARNO
06-19-2005, 06:58 PM
Buehrle (3 of them for the Royals);

I really wish we didn't have to waste a Buehrle start on that awful team...

batmanZoSo
06-19-2005, 07:01 PM
KC might be a formidable opponent. It's not gonna be easy, put it that way. Everyone knows they're red hot and they are a divisional foe, so the whole familiarity thing. But then again we are light years better than them, so as long as Ozzie makes sure they're pumped and not taking them lightly, we should be good.

Cubbiesuck13
06-19-2005, 07:05 PM
Lets settle this debate. El Duque blows, he's lucky his ERA isn't 6. You don't have long term success in this league with a WHIP the size of his. He gives up too many hits and walks too many guys and has been brutal all year. He's probably the luckiest pitcher in baseball this season (sorry I call it like it is and I'm not saying he hasn't been a good pitcher in the past, but this year he has been far from that...of course he's still light years better than the 5th starters the Sox had been trotting out the past couple years).

You sure settled it.

Thanks for stating the obvious but we were not debating El Duque to Garland starting a regular season game. It was more about a game that you HAVE to win, like a playoff game. Until JG gets a couple of GREAT starts in a must win/high pressure game then I will go with someone who has the stuff to do it, has the mind set to do it and has the track record to go with it.

Lip Man 1
06-19-2005, 07:10 PM
'Officially' this is all speculation. Nothing at all about this on White Sox.com. We'll see what they say afterwards.

Lip

Cubbiesuck13
06-19-2005, 07:14 PM
I really wish we didn't have to waste a Buehrle start on that awful team...

Doesn't he deserve an easy win after getting all those ND?

Chisoxfn
06-19-2005, 07:18 PM
You sure settled it.

Thanks for stating the obvious but we were not debating El Duque to Garland starting a regular season game. It was more about a game that you HAVE to win, like a playoff game. Until JG gets a couple of GREAT starts in a must win/high pressure game then I will go with someone who has the stuff to do it, has the mind set to do it and has the track record to go with it.

So what...the regular season is a precursor to the postseason. I'm not gonna start a guy that has sucked the entire regular season over 4 starters (Buehrle, Garland, Garcia, Contreras) that have pitched good all season long. I could give two ****s about what he's done in the past in the playoffs. I'm sure someones gonna mention Derek Lowe, but he was pitching in relief and kicked butt and came back into the rotation (during the postseason run).

Just cause he did something a few years back, doesn't mean he's the pitcher he was than.

PAPChiSox729
06-19-2005, 07:23 PM
Pap:

Except the Royals have been on fire since Buddy Bell took over. At least Sweeney's out again.

Lip

Point taken. But, unless something bad happens tonight, we have been on a bit of a roll ourselves. Either way, we should run all over these guys because we are a much better team. McCarthy may have a little tougher of a time with KC being so hot, but this will hopefully be nothing like the Texas series.

JoseCanseco6969
06-19-2005, 07:26 PM
Doesn't he deserve an easy win after getting all those ND?

No such thing as an easy win. They are a bad team, but dont take them lightly. Thats why we play the games.

Cubbiesuck13
06-19-2005, 07:33 PM
No such thing as an easy win. They are a bad team, but dont take them lightly. Thats why we play the games.
You are correct.

PBRWarrior
06-19-2005, 07:56 PM
I am not sold on bringing up McCarthy again. I would like him to get into a routine down in the minors. I really think that if KW can get a spot starter/long reliever on the cheap, he should pull the trigger. Contreras also makes me nervous when he is on the mound. He is still a solid fifth starter. Solid pitching will always beat good hitting.

GoSoxGo!
06-19-2005, 08:00 PM
Well they just anounced on espn so El Duque is so injured hes crap.

The Tom
06-19-2005, 08:06 PM
I think McCarthy getting another stint with big club is a good thing. If you follow him, it's quite obvious that nothing really shakes his confidence. Also, his stuff isn't going to get much better (although another MPH or two and developing his change are probable). What he needs to do is learn how to pitch to big league hitters. Logging innings and working with a major league pitching coach would only help him.

GoSoxGo!
06-19-2005, 08:10 PM
im getting very annoyed w/ El Duque

Cubbiesuck13
06-19-2005, 08:11 PM
I think McCarthy getting another stint with big club is a good thing. If you follow him, it's quite obvious that nothing really shakes his confidence. Also, his stuff isn't going to get much better (although another MPH or two and developing his change are probable). What he needs to do is learn how to pitch to big league hitters. Logging innings and working with a major league pitching coach would only help him.

I disagree. McCarthy is young and skipped AA ball. He has plenty of time to work on another pitch or to really perfect one he all ready has. His biggest problem is missing up. He is naturally a fly-ball pitcher that needs to learn how to adjust. Pitching in a hitters park in AAA will do him good-perhaps more than pitching in a hitters park in MLB.

DaleJRFan
06-19-2005, 08:11 PM
I am not sold on bringing up McCarthy again. I would like him to get into a routine down in the minors. I really think that if KW can get a spot starter/long reliever on the cheap, he should pull the trigger. Contreras also makes me nervous when he is on the mound. He is still a solid fifth starter. Solid pitching will always beat good hitting.

I agree. McCarthy is not the answer, for this season anyway. If this 2 '4 earned run over 5 1/3 inning starts then to the DL for 2 weeks' stuff continues with El Duckwee, KW needs to bring in another quality starter.

And why does Contreras make certain people nervous? Before his last start, he was tearing through the AL. The guy has great stuff. He is often times the unfortunate receipiant of late inning scoring... and hense, he gets no decisions. Contreras has been healthy and you know what to expect when he takes the mound. 6 or 7 solid innings, anywhere from 2-4 runs and a chance to win the game.

Maybe the Astros will part with Backe? Maybe we could bring back Loiaza or Schoeneweis...

BeviBall!
06-19-2005, 10:18 PM
From Whitesox.com

It took a return trip to Chicago and the Major Leagues, but for the first time in six starts, Brandon McCarthy will get a chance to pitch at home.
The 21-year-old's debut at U.S. Cellular Field takes place Monday night against the Royals, as McCarthy replaces Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez on the mound and on the active roster. Hernandez will be placed on the 15-day disabled list prior to the series opener with Kansas City, the move being made retroactive to last Wednesday.

whitesoxfan
06-19-2005, 10:21 PM
ok well i guess i heard wrong then. If BMac throws tomorrow, it doesn't necessarily mean he'll face the Cubs. We have an off day on Thursday and we can still throw Garland against them on Sunday.

Stroker Ace
06-19-2005, 10:23 PM
I haven't heard that yet, but if it's true, Go McCarthy! I'll be there to root him on!So will I. First game of the year for me.:D:

MRKARNO
06-19-2005, 10:24 PM
I'm pretty sure that everyone's opinion of McCarthy will shift with the wind. If it's blowing in, he's awesome. If it's blowing out, he's terrible.

That's what being a flyball pitcher will do to you:D:

mr_genius
06-19-2005, 10:44 PM
McCarthy has been horrible recently in AAA

I hope he can turn it around...

:o:

Lip Man 1
06-19-2005, 10:57 PM
Excuse me...but weren't you the guy who said the Sox were going to 'pound,' Shawn Estes? Or am I confusing you with someone else?

Nothing is easy...-- Jethro Tull.

Lip

ilsox7
06-19-2005, 11:01 PM

Lip

Which is why we should be thrilled if they can get 2 of 3 in the next 2 series. That would put us an astounding 26 games over .500 in the last day or two of June.

Keep winning series.

PAPChiSox729
06-19-2005, 11:02 PM
Excuse me...but weren't you the guy who said the Sox were going to 'pound,' Shawn Estes? Or am I confusing you with someone else?

Lip

No, that was me. I stand by it too. Baseball is a great game like that. Every team, and every fan, gets humbled sometimes. But looking at the overall season, the Sox look far superior to the Royals.I won't go berserk if they loose a game in the series because every team is a professional baseball team. It is just that most teams usually make the Royals look like an AAAA team.

FarWestChicago
06-19-2005, 11:20 PM

LipI don't think you want to dredge up old predictions, Lip. Hell, you've had the Sox losing to little league teams from Poughkeepsie. :rolleyes:

Lip Man 1
06-20-2005, 01:50 AM
West:

And they have haven't they...:tongue:

Lip