PDA

View Full Version : Twins lose again 6/19/05

Palehose13
06-19-2005, 03:56 PM
Sox have a chance to go 7.5 up as the twinkies dropped to the Padres 5-1 in the hump dome this afternoon.

Go Sox!!!

California Sox
06-19-2005, 04:18 PM
Twins only a game ahead of the surging Tribe at this point. I bet they'll be glad when interleague is over. (Sox and Cleveland have dominated NL West, Twins--not so much.)

Unregistered
06-19-2005, 04:20 PM
Sox have a chance to go 7.5 up as the twinkies dropped to the Padres 5-1 in the hump dome this afternoon.

Go Sox!!!
This will soften the blow when we lose tonight for the umpteenth time:

a. on national television
b. with a chance to sweep the series

I'll consider a win tonight a major coup... :tongue:

Prove me wrong, Sox! On to 7.5! :D:

MeanFish
06-19-2005, 04:37 PM
This will soften the blow when we lose tonight for the umpteenth time:

a. on national television
b. with a chance to sweep the series

I'll consider a win tonight a major coup... :tongue:

Prove me wrong, Sox! On to 7.5! :D:

Without looking at the standings, doesn't this put Cleveland a game out of 2nd place?

Palehose13
06-19-2005, 04:55 PM
Without looking at the standings, doesn't this put Cleveland a game out of 2nd place?

Yes. At this very moment, the Twins are 7 back and the Indians are 8 back.

gobears1987
06-19-2005, 06:08 PM
Wait? Sandburg said there would be a Twinkie sweep over the Padres. WHat a moron.

EdHerman12
06-19-2005, 06:09 PM
Mucho gratias to the PAD Drays who got Johann Santana all shook up after erupting for 3 runs late in the game. It seems 'ol Johann was a wee bit upset at the home plate Ump for some questionable non strike calls he felt led to the eventual hit that opened the flood gates :whiner: . After going out to take Santana out of the game Garden Weasel was tossed out of the game for questioning the Ump as well:twinslose

A win tonight by the boys will really be huge:)

AL CENTRAL NOTES: The Tigers won in the 10th over the G'aints on a walk off HR by Placido Polanco ,and KC avoided a sweep at the hands of the 'Stros with a 7-1 win and now head to the Cell for 3.

GO SOX! :walnuts <------------- my pick to click tonight vs LA.

Mohoney
06-19-2005, 10:32 PM
The Twins are closer to 4th place than 1st place.

After last night, I said that we're a win and a Santana loss tomorrow away from running away and hiding with this thing, and it happened.

7.5 just might be too much for the Twins to overcome.

1) I don't see this team losing more than 5 in a row at any given time.

2) I don't see the Twins winning 9 or 10 in a row at any given time or putting together a 15-5 or better 20 game stretch.

3) The Twins got semi-cold, and we jumped all over it. We have picked up 2 games this homestand, when the Twins were ALSO at home. An 8-4 or 9-3 homestand and getting to 50 wins, coupled with a mediocre 6-6 or 5-7 homestand by the Twins could be all she wrote, especially after starting the homestand with 2 losses.
4) We're not even playing our best baseball. These 8th and 9th inning comebacks will be replaced with routine, 6-2 wins at some point.

ilsox7
06-19-2005, 10:49 PM
The Twins are closer to 4th place than 1st place.

After last night, I said that we're a win and a Santana loss tomorrow away from running away and hiding with this thing, and it happened.

7.5 just might be too much for the Twins to overcome.

1) I don't see this team losing more than 5 in a row at any given time.

2) I don't see the Twins winning 9 or 10 in a row at any given time or putting together a 15-5 or better 20 game stretch.

3) The Twins got semi-cold, and we jumped all over it. We have picked up 2 games this homestand, when the Twins were ALSO at home. An 8-4 or 9-3 homestand and getting to 50 wins, coupled with a mediocre 6-6 or 5-7 homestand by the Twins could be all she wrote, especially after starting the homestand with 2 losses.
4) We're not even playing our best baseball. These 8th and 9th inning comebacks will be replaced with routine, 6-2 wins at some point.

IMO, 7.5 is a big hump b/c it means we can lose every game in a week and they can win every game in a week and we'd still be in first. Just a little comforting knowing that.

Unregistered
06-19-2005, 10:56 PM
IMO, 7.5 is a big hump b/c it means we can lose every game in a week and they can win every game in a week and we'd still be in first. Just a little comforting knowing that.
But imagine how DISCOMFORTING it would be to lose a 7 game lead in the span of a week. :D: :o:

ilsox7
06-19-2005, 10:59 PM
But imagine how DISCOMFORTING it would be to lose a 7 game lead in the span of a week. :D: :o:

Touchez!

:duel:

chisoxfanatic
06-19-2005, 11:41 PM

But imagine how DISCOMFORTING it would be for the Twins to win 7 games and us to lose 7 games at the end of the season and STILL lose the division! :D:

ma_deuce
06-20-2005, 10:13 AM
Minnesota Twins...

http://img18.echo.cx/img18/6286/jesusowned2pm.jpg

elrod
06-20-2005, 10:31 AM
I wouldn't write the requiem for the Twins yet. They've struggle lately with inconsistency from their big hitters (Jones and Morneau), their bullpen has been unusually shaky, and their starters keep getting rocked in the 1st inning. But they're not going away. As for the Indians, I'll believe they are a serious contender after this upcoming stretch against Boston, Baltimore and the Yankees. If they stay hot against those teams then they'll be around the whole year.

jhill36
06-20-2005, 10:56 AM
This was the number of games ahead Paulie was quoted as saying he wanted to see before he started feeling 'comfortable.' I have to admit I feel a lot better now, and I don't have to hear the media talk about how we can't "shake" the Twins. They are now officially "shook."

fquaye149
06-20-2005, 11:18 AM
I wouldn't write the requiem for the Twins yet. They've struggle lately with inconsistency from their big hitters (Jones and Morneau), their bullpen has been unusually shaky, and their starters keep getting rocked in the 1st inning. But they're not going away. As for the Indians, I'll believe they are a serious contender after this upcoming stretch against Boston, Baltimore and the Yankees. If they stay hot against those teams then they'll be around the whole year.

homefish? awayfish? redfish? bluefish?

Mohoney
06-22-2005, 01:10 AM
Is anybody else ready to call this "race" over yet?

chisoxfanatic
06-22-2005, 02:01 AM
Is anybody else ready to call this "race" over yet?

Since when did baseball become a RACIAL issue? I think we should get Carl Everett on you now! :redneck