PDA

View Full Version : Cubs get broomed from the Yankees

JoseCanseco6969
06-19-2005, 03:40 PM
Cubs get swept, Twins lose 2 of 3.....could we make the trifecta tonight?????

Sox of White
06-19-2005, 03:43 PM
We could, and would. By the way, not only were the scrubs swept this weekend, but they have never won a game in Yankee Stadium EVER.

MrRoboto83
06-19-2005, 03:43 PM
I think a white sox winner is in the works!! Cleveland is only 1 game behind minnesota!!

JoseCanseco6969
06-19-2005, 03:46 PM
I think a white sox winner is in the works!! Cleveland is only 1 game behind minnesota!!

Yes the cleveland watch has already begun....good thing we dont play them till july 14. That will be a tough 4 game series in Cleveland.

SomebodyToldMe
06-19-2005, 04:15 PM
But but...Ryno said the cubs would take 2 outta 3 from the Yanks?!

Unregistered
06-19-2005, 04:39 PM
But but...Ryno said the cubs would take 2 outta 3 from the Yanks?!
I don't think I've ever seen anyone as consistantly wrong in predicting the outcome of baseball games as Ryne Sandberg. Between predicting the Sox losing 2 of 3 to the Padres and countless other embarrassingly wrong guesses, I think it's safe to say that Miss Cleo's job is safe. :redneck

JoseCanseco6969
06-19-2005, 04:54 PM
I don't think I've ever seen anyone as consistantly wrong in predicting the outcome of baseball games as Ryne Sandberg. Between predicting the Sox losing 2 of 3 to the Padres and countless other embarrassingly wrong guesses, I think it's safe to say that Miss Cleo's job is safe. :redneck

Lets just hope he doesnt pick us to sweep or win 2 of 3 in a series!

C-Dawg
06-19-2005, 05:11 PM
The Cubs got swept at Yankee Stadium..... So much for that historic matchup.

fusillirob1983
06-19-2005, 05:31 PM
The Cubs got swept at Yankee Stadium..... So much for that historic matchup.

It was historic... historically accurate.

SoxSpeed22
06-19-2005, 05:50 PM
It was historic... historically accurate.Zing!
The Cubs are 0-7 all time in Yankee Stadium I and II.

Palehose13
06-19-2005, 06:00 PM
It was historic... historically accurate.

:roflmao:

slavko
06-19-2005, 06:12 PM

IIRC Ryno was trying to promote himself for the Cubs mgr. job at the time Dusty was hired. I've got to believe they're on to him to.

CubKilla
06-19-2005, 08:10 PM
I'm surprised no one has posted yet that they were cheering for the Cubs since the Yankees are a potential AL WildCard contender :rolleyes:

santo=dorf
06-19-2005, 08:20 PM
I'm surprised no one has posted yet that they were cheering for the Cubs since the Yankees are a potential AL WildCard contender :rolleyes:

..and I'm not surprised that you don't post when the Sox win. I hope you never post again for the Sox's case.

CubKilla
06-19-2005, 11:37 PM
..and I'm not surprised that you don't post when the Sox win. I hope you never post again for the Sox's case.

Why's that? What can I possibly post that other poster's haven't already said when the team I cheer for is 20+ games over .500? Never mind the fact that I worked over 80 hours of OT last month. Doesn't leave me alot of time to post here or anywhere else. Or are you one of the "15%" that the great Lee Elia spoke so eloquently about? In a nut shell, get bent, and have a nice night :dtroll: .

cheeses_h_rice
06-19-2005, 11:47 PM

Why would you fault anyone for doing so? Or are you so obsessed with the Cubs that you are completely blinded to what's happening in the White Sox's league?

CubKilla
06-20-2005, 12:33 AM
Why would you fault anyone for doing so? Or are you so obsessed with the Cubs that you are completely blinded to what's happening in the White Sox's league?

I'll start worrying about who's in contention for the WildCard when/if the Sox blow this 7.5 game lead.

I'm the pessimist? LOL

The Dude
06-20-2005, 12:55 AM
In a nut shell, get bent, and have a nice night :dtroll: .

Wow, i havent heard the phrase "get bent" in like 5 years and now ive heard it twice this weekend! My friend and I were walking up shields towards the sox game friday and a guy with a Cubs has was walking towards us. Naturally my friend yelled Cubs suck at him as he usually does. Now I've seen that done many times but this guy was seriously pissed about it. He yelled **** you to us and then yelled get bent.
Classic! get bent should be used more often.

cheeses_h_rice
06-20-2005, 09:35 AM
I'll start worrying about who's in contention for the WildCard when/if the Sox blow this 7.5 game lead.

I'm the pessimist? LOL

Well, if the Sox do tank it a bit and end up having to battle Minny and Cleveland for the division, wouldn't it suck for, say, the Yankees to be ahead of the Sox by 1 or 2 games in the WC race and you remember how you rooted for them this past weekend?

I hate the Cubs as much as anyone, and it was nice seeing them and their stupid fans get pantsed in NY, but my sole focus this year is on my White Sox getting to the playoffs. The Yankees are heating up, so it's possible we'll be dealing with them at the end of the year in some sort of race.