PDA

View Full Version : Scammy ties Mac

RallyBowl
06-19-2005, 02:29 PM
Surprised there wasn't a thread on this already. Soso needs 17 more for 600. Is he a HOFer? I don't think so, but I am a little biased. Whatever. They are both juicers. I bet someones still jealous of these two, though.:canseco

PAPChiSox729
06-19-2005, 03:18 PM
Surprised there wasn't a thread on this already. Soso needs 17 more for 600. Is he a HOFer? I don't think so, but I am a little biased. Whatever. They are both juicers. I bet someones still jealous of these two, though.

Deserving or not, he'll get get in. I'm sure he'll get to 600 HRs soon enough. Other than the steroids and cheating, making a case against Sosa would be pretty hard. Even with the cheating, I don't see him getting kept out of the Hall. Hopefully I'm wrong. Funny thing is, 3 years ago this wasn't even a question.

Viva Medias B's
06-19-2005, 03:37 PM
A piece by Tim Krijrd (however the hell his name is spelled) made me want to puke. It was a warm and fuzzy thing about how Sosa and McGwire "saved baseball." I don't think there was one mention of performance enhancers.

PAPChiSox729
06-19-2005, 03:42 PM
A piece by Tim Krijrd (however the hell his name is spelled) made me want to puke. It was a warm and fuzzy thing about how Sosa and McGwire "saved baseball." I don't think there was one mention of performance enhancers.

Yeah, I usually find Tim K. as being on of the least annoying experts on that show too. That piece was pretty crappy to me.

TK: "Afterward, McGuire and Sosa thanked baseball for giving them the opprotunity. No guys, THANK YOU for saving the game."

:chunks

The Critic
06-19-2005, 04:17 PM
Sosa will definitely get in.
In the end, the HOF is largely a numbers game, and he's got the numbers.
If he doesn't get caught doing anything to damage the reputation of baseball ( had to hold back a chuckle while typing that ), they'll absolutely vote him in.