PDA

View Full Version : C'mon Lets hear it ... Satuday's Game!

Pete Ward
06-19-2005, 12:00 PM
Wow ... Talk about an early Fathers day gift. Im down here in Texas and dont get the chance to see that many Sox games ... Had the kids watching this one ...

9th inning ... YESSSSSSSSSS

I was jumping up and down and the kids were screaming ... AJ, AJ, AJ:bandance:

Great stuff to get the kids into being Sox Fans

:gulp:

kittle545feet
06-19-2005, 12:31 PM
Isn't it amazing how for a moment like that, we all can turn into kids jumping up and down? Great win! I was home alone and you would have thought there was 25 people here with all the screaming and jumping I was doing. One of the biggest and greatest wins I have ever seen. Let's get the sweep!

SEALgep
06-19-2005, 12:35 PM
I've only been to three games this year so far (I live on the North side - and ya I know), but I've made them count. First one - Timo walk off two run single against the Angels. Second - Buehrle shut out the Dodgers. Third - Last night. Good times, you just have to smile when we play the whole game, every out.

doublem23
06-19-2005, 12:40 PM
That's horse****. I've been to two games this year and they may be 2 of the worst; the loss to Baltimore that snapped the streak for holding a lead in every game to start a season and the Sunday loss to Cleveland when they wasted Big Frank's homer.

:angry:

JB98
06-19-2005, 12:55 PM
That's horse****. I've been to two games this year and they may be 2 of the worst; the loss to Baltimore that snapped the streak for holding a lead in every game to start a season and the Sunday loss to Cleveland when they wasted Big Frank's homer.

Dude, that sucks. I was at both of those crappy games as well, but I've also attended three pretty good ones within the last month:

1. Frank's return and Timo's two-run single vs. Anaheim
2. JD's walk-off vs. Anaheim
3. Last night

I consider myself one of the more lucky fans on here to have been at all three of those games. As much as I've enjoyed all the drama, I'd prefer tonight's game be a 10-0 ass-kicking. Go Sox. :D:

soxfan43
06-19-2005, 12:58 PM
I was at that baltimore game as well. terrible game but I've been lucky to make it to plenty of good ones, opening day, all 3 cubs sox games, the come from behind first game vs the orioles and buerhles shut out friday night.

kevingrt
06-19-2005, 12:59 PM
Some games this year have been absolutely AMAZING!!! Others downers, see last Monday, but Saturday night was an a blast. Nothing gets better then walkoff HR's, especially from a comeback like the Sox had.

rhill72
06-19-2005, 01:05 PM
Best game that I have been to since the old days in Comiskey. A.J.'s homer landed within 10 feet from where we were sitting. Talk about goose bumps. The Cell absolutely exploded, people giving high fives everywhere. One helluva fathers day present. Go WHITE SOX!! Keep the faith!!

The Critic
06-19-2005, 03:14 PM
We were listening to the game on the way home from the Dells and the wife, daughter and I were high-fiving each other in the car and yelling and freaking out - it was great!!

But then the bad news - for whatever reason, my VCR didn't record the game. I wanted to see the tape anyway, since I wanted to see the 1959 uniforms, but after that 9th inning, I REALLY wanted to see it, and it was a huge disappointment that the VCR f'd up.

Quote from the wife after the game - "Something's going on this year, huh?"

Yep...something is going on, all right....:bandance:

MHOUSE
06-19-2005, 03:24 PM
I was at work watching the game and snuck out of the dining room to watch some with the delivery drivers and we all gave a big YEEEEEEESSSSSSSS when Rowands single scored Willie. Then I came back for AJ's at-bat and when he popped foul and threw the bat down I left thinking it was going to the 10th. Then I come back and they're interviewing him and then they show the replay and I was sooooo mad. But I saw Uribe's homer and that big inning on Wednesday night.

PicktoCLick72
06-19-2005, 03:47 PM
Man, I wish I was at that game yesterday.

chisoxfanatic
06-19-2005, 07:22 PM

That really sucks, doub! I've been to 10 myself this year, and they're 6-4 when I go. A few of the games I've been to...

1. Timo's clutch 2-RBI in the bottom of the 9th "walk-off" over Anaheim.
2. Buehrle's 1:39 three-hitter
3. Everett's two monster shots to beat Minnesota on a Monday night in April.

I can't wait to get there once again tonight!!!