PDA

View Full Version : Lack of respect

LuzinskiFan
06-19-2005, 08:17 AM
I think all of us White Sox fans have to realize (if most of us haven't already) that we're not gonna get any respect in the national media until Bud Selig hands Jerry Reinsdorf the World Series trophy. So lets just screw the media and enjoy what we are watching and then in October tell them all "we told you so!" GO SOX GO!

soxfan43
06-19-2005, 12:01 PM
amen to that. screw the media, and screw the cubs fans. No matter how many games the sox win cubs fans continue oh, the sox suck, come on. its all luck. the sox could go all the way this year and cubs fans will keep saying how its all luck and it wont last.

batmanZoSo
06-19-2005, 12:37 PM
amen to that. screw the media, and screw the cubs fans. No matter how many games the sox win cubs fans continue oh, the sox suck, come on. its all luck. the sox could go all the way this year and cubs fans will keep saying how its all luck and it wont last.

You don't have to win it all this year to get respect. The key is not have it be one-and-done like every other memorable Sox team. Lose in the first, round, see you in 8 years. Repeat. If you stay competitive and make the playoffs year after year you also greatly increase your chances of winning one. Then you really get respect.

Take the Twins for example. Same team as us basically, only not as good in my opinion, but they won the division the last three years in a row. They've proven themselves not to be a fluke or anything like that, and thus a lot of media are going to expect them to be there at the end.

BNLSox
06-19-2005, 12:42 PM
Yeah I do agree. The media will come around. But still after a victory like yesterday's, why does Jeter's grand slam get 10 times the attention of the amazing comeback that took place on the Southside? :angry:

Still... screw the media. All that matters is results! And 45-22.... that's certainly a good start!

CYGarland20
06-19-2005, 02:17 PM
The only way the Sox will get respect is if they make it to the World Series, plain and simple.

TDog
06-19-2005, 02:28 PM
The only way the Sox will get respect is if they make it to the World Series, plain and simple.

I don't believe that.

I believe this: If the White Sox win the World Series, and they came out and lost a few games at the beginning of the next season, the media would exclaim, "Told you they sucked."

Infallible
06-19-2005, 02:29 PM
who cares? They've never gave a damn before, and I'm still a Sox fan regardless.

scottyl
06-19-2005, 11:35 PM
I think all of us White Sox fans have to realize (if most of us haven't already) that we're not gonna get any respect in the national media until Bud Selig hands Jerry Reinsdorf the World Series trophy. So lets just screw the media and enjoy what we are watching and then in October tell them all "we told you so!" GO SOX GO!

Good post.

skobabe8
06-20-2005, 03:05 AM
Good post.

Good post.

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-20-2005, 07:10 AM
Take the Twins for example. Same team as us basically, only not as good in my opinion, but they won the division the last three years in a row. They've proven themselves not to be a fluke or anything like that, and thus a lot of media are going to expect them to be there at the end.

I agree with this more than the WS mentality. If we can build this team to be a AL Central dynasty, respect becomes automatic. If the WS flag happens to land at 35th and the Ryan DURING this, even more the ammo.

paciorek1983
06-20-2005, 09:20 AM
The Sox have to have consistent success. A one-year-wonder team won't do us any good.

The current lack of respect is frustrating. We can't even get respect in our own town. On WSCR on saturday, Jessie Rogers was talking with MAD DOG from WFAN in NY and MAD DOG couldn't understand the lack of attention the Sox are getting in their own town.

Yesterday, while working at Navy Pier, as I was leaving, I walked by Charlies Ale House. This was about 7:30, they always have sports on their TVs, of course, instead of the Sox game being on, they had Dateline or something instead. If that isn't blatant ingoring the Sox, then I don't know what is. So, when we have ignorant people in this town, such as at Navy Pier(where you're entertaining a national audience), trying to treat the Sox as if they don't exist, how can we expect there to be any national attention?:(: :angry:

kevingrt
06-20-2005, 09:45 AM
Ignorance is bliss.

cbone
06-20-2005, 09:45 AM
Along these same lines, I went to a T.G.I.F. in Oak Lawn (south suburbs) for dinner Sat. Eve. and I had to ask for the Sox game to be put on! C'mon show a little respect! Drives me crazy!!:angry: