PDA

View Full Version : Use "Let's Go Go Go White Sox!" Fight Sox Rest of the Year

Viva Medias B's
06-18-2005, 10:31 PM
During the ninth inning, when all that hitting started, they started playing the "Let's Go Go Go White Sox!" fight song over the PA. Nancy Faust also played it throughout the inning. An idea popped into my head. The Sox should use this as a fight song at least the rest of the year. It worked great in the 9th inning.

whitesoxwilkes
06-18-2005, 10:33 PM
During the ninth inning, when all that hitting started, they started playing the "Let's Go Go Go White Sox!" fight song over the PA. Nancy Faust also played it throughout the inning. An idea popped into my head. The Sox should use this as a fight song at least the rest of the year. It worked great in the 9th inning.

I wholeheartedly agree, Viva. The Twins still play their stupid "we're gonna win Twins" song and the Chubs play "The Chubs Are On Their Way" as well.

RavenswoodFan
06-18-2005, 10:45 PM

I was saying the same thing to my fiance when we were walking down the ramp. It really seem to charge up the crowd and the players!

tebman
06-18-2005, 10:48 PM
Hey, if the Sox are on a streak with "Let's Go Go White Sox," then who am I to argue. But how about some love for "Go-Go-Sox" by Pall Mall and the Bleacher Boys (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/SoxSounds.htm)! Another great fight song with a south-side jazz feel too!

Man, it's great to be able to discuss winning fight songs for the Sox! What a season! :bandance:
http://hubcap.clemson.edu/~campber/seymour1a.jpg

zach074
06-18-2005, 10:51 PM

Today was the 1st time i ever heard the song and i thought it was great and i agree I would love to hear it played throughout the year.

cheeses_h_rice
06-18-2005, 10:51 PM
On the scoreboard late in the game, they played a faux-commercial of sorts, using their 1959 Go-Go Sox theme song, intersplicing footage of the '59 and '05 Sox making great plays, and the crowd really went wild for it.

You might be onto something, Viva.

I also thought that should be a *real* commercial, should the Sox be in the postseason.

Viva Medias B's
06-18-2005, 10:56 PM
Somebody e-mail Brooks.

MRKARNO
06-18-2005, 10:59 PM
Another thing that they could do is re-record the song with a modern twist of some sort to make it something that could be identifiable with the current era of White Sox fans as well. Either way, this song needs to be played regularly because it's great.

Maybe Billy Corgan could do it.

whtsx1959
06-18-2005, 10:59 PM
That song was awesome today. I like how one time they played it the lyrics were on Diamond Vision. Singing to that could be something the whole crowd could get into.

TornLabrum
06-18-2005, 11:15 PM
That song was awesome today. I like how one time they played it the lyrics were on Diamond Vision. Singing to that could be something the whole crowd could get into.

And they did. A majority of people sitting near me were singing along. The Dodgers fans sitting in the row behind me weren't.

whtsx1959
06-18-2005, 11:17 PM
From where I was I couldn't see half of the lyrics, but my dad knew it by heart

TornLabrum
06-18-2005, 11:24 PM
From where I was I couldn't see half of the lyrics, but my dad knew it by heart

As does anyone who was around in '59.

DannyCaterFan
06-18-2005, 11:28 PM
I Love That Song ! Play it all year!!:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :supernana:

MRKARNO
06-18-2005, 11:28 PM
Here are the lyrics if anyone's interested:

White Sox
White Sox
Let's White Sox

Let's Go Go Go White Sox
We're with you all the way

You're always in there fighting and you do your best
We're glad to have you out here in the Middle West

We're gonna root root root root White Sox
And cheer you on to victory

When we're in the stands we'll make those rafters ring
All through the season you will here us sing

Let's Go Go Go White Sox
Chicago's proud of you

(musical interlude)

White Sox
White Sox
Go Go White Sox

Root Root Root for the White Sox
We'll cheer you on to victory

When we're in the stands we'll make those rafters ring
All through the season you will here us sing

Let's Go Go Go White Sox
Chicago's proud of you

White Sox
White Sox
Go Go White Sox

Let's Go Go Go White Sox
Chicago is proud of you

JB98
06-18-2005, 11:30 PM
Today was the 1st time i ever heard the song and i thought it was great and i agree I would love to hear it played throughout the year.

That was the first time I've ever heard it too, and I agree with you. It was cool to have the whole crowd clapping along and to hear the older Sox fans singing the lyrics.

WagMan
06-18-2005, 11:36 PM
Sitting in left field, I couldn't see the lyrics well. But, watching it on the jumbotron was awesome. There was just this great energy at the park with everyone singing along to it. I say update it and play it at every game for the rest of the season.

ChiWhiteSox1337
06-18-2005, 11:38 PM
I agree. They should continue to play it throughout the season! I've always had it on my PC thanks to WSI...:D:

RadioheadRocks
06-18-2005, 11:51 PM
Got a copy of the 45... it rules!

You may want to check Beverly Records on Western... they might have some on hand.

"Let's Go-Go-Go White Sox" by Captain Stubby and the Buccaneers... on Drum Boy records!

Lip Man 1
06-18-2005, 11:52 PM
The song was done by Captain Stubby and the Buccaneers. See the WSI archives. They have a copy of the song that you can listen to.

Lip

flo-B-flo
06-18-2005, 11:55 PM
From where I was I couldn't see half of the lyrics, but my dad knew it by heart My Dad knew that song by heart. Singing it when I was little. In a 'Tony Montana' accent it was hilarious! This is shaping up to being a great year. To write the least. Let's get greedy and go on a streak thru KC and the ----. GO--GO SOX!

popilius
06-19-2005, 12:22 AM
Got a copy of the 45... it rules!

You may want to check Beverly Records on Western... they might have some on hand.

"Let's Go-Go-Go White Sox" by Captain Stubby and the Buccaneers... on Drum Boy records!

I'll definitely try to find this record. . . thanks!

Does anyone else know where I can find the CD? Does it exist?

:gulp:

TornLabrum
06-19-2005, 06:39 AM
I'll definitely try to find this record. . . thanks!

Does anyone else know where I can find the CD? Does it exist?

:gulp:

I don't think Cap'n Stubby and the Buccaneers were into making CDs back in the late '50/early '60s.

doublem23
06-19-2005, 07:51 AM
It's already been our fight song for years. :tongue:

http://whitesoxinteractive.com/Graphics/WSIflyingsock.jpg

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-19-2005, 08:13 AM

I heard the song Friday night at the game for the 1st time since I was a kid - that should be the new song. How fitting, 45 years later, to the weekend when we played our WS rivals, that the song they used then becomes our new battle cry. Brooks, are you reading???

PaleHoseGeorge
06-19-2005, 08:18 AM
It's already been our fight song for years. :tongue:

http://whitesoxinteractive.com/Graphics/WSIflyingsock.jpg

THANK YOU!!!
IT'S BEEN WSI'S OFFICIAL FIGHT SONG FOR SIX YEARS!!!
:thumbsup:

It is also worth noting that WSI brought back the SoxOgram a full year before Gallas and Friends got wise and followed WSI's lead.

I got my copy of the song from Beverly Records. It's been available as a realaudio clip on WSI since 1999. I invite all WSIers to spend some time investigating this site's features. We're waaaaaay more than just a message board kicking miscreants off to the land of misfit toys.
:cool:

Sox Fans, who loves ya baby! (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/SoxSounds.htm)

Kudos to Brooks Boyer and his Sox marketing crew. They're quick studies learning what Sox Fans are all about. We're happy to assist.
:thumbsup:

MIgrenade
06-19-2005, 12:17 PM

That's really true. I was at the game and it wasn't really played until the end of the eighth, then again going into the bottom of the ninth, then after the walk by Iguchi. The crowd did seem into it, but there was something about that ninth that felt like something was going to happen anyway.

TomBradley72
06-19-2005, 02:08 PM
It's perfect....a connection to our last AL pennant...celebrates the White Sox as a Chicago team, a midwest team...I wouldn't update anything...leave it as is...and incorporate into radio ads, tv ads, and the game itself....the mixing of 50's highlights with the current team was awesome! The opening video still gives me goosebumps...and I've seen it 8 times this year...

soxfaninnewyork
06-20-2005, 04:29 PM

Since Wednesday is "Nothing But Nancy" day, maybe she'll play it during rallies (since she won't have any canned competition to worry about)

GO NANCY!
GO GO GO WHITE SOX!:bandance:

VeeckAsInWreck
06-20-2005, 04:38 PM
I invite all WSIers to spend some time investigating this site's features.

Actually, it was the Memories of Old Comiskey feature that first drew to this website. I lurked the message boards for months before finally deciding to join.

The Nancy Faust mp3 clips got me through some winters when I was having baseball withdrawals.

RadioheadRocks
08-01-2005, 02:27 AM
Like I've said in a previous post I have a copy of the 45, but I'd like to know if there are ringtones for the song available anywhere??? How cool would it be to have "Let's Go Go Go White Sox" on your cell phone?

iamkoza
09-24-2005, 11:00 AM
Like I've said in a previous post I have a copy of the 45, but I'd like to know if there are ringtones for the song available anywhere??? How cool would it be to have "Let's Go Go Go White Sox" on your cell phone?

If anyone with a sprint cell phone wants this ringer I can email it to you and show you how to get it onto your phone (not that hard to do). Just leave your email address in this thread

kninchicago
09-24-2005, 11:07 AM
Does anyone know if there's a midi of this? That's the only way I could get it as a ringtone on my cheapo phone:tongue:.

batmanZoSo
09-24-2005, 11:18 AM
The song does rule. I've been playing it whenever the Sox win for a while here.

LuvSox
09-24-2005, 12:21 PM
As does anyone who was around in '59.

Pipe down old timer, nobody wants to hear you talk about "the good old days" when you were young, before electricity.
:)

I wish I knew what it was like to see the Pale Hose in a World Series. :whiner:

soxwon
09-24-2005, 12:24 PM
They should play THUNDERSTRUCK, more than just at the begining of the game.

when we are rallying, it should be played.
the crowd seems to love it.

jehosaphat
09-24-2005, 02:50 PM
The song was done by Captain Stubby and the Buccaneers. See the WSI archives. They have a copy of the song that you can listen to.

Lip

I never had explored this part of the WSI web before. It was fun - my twin daughters were dancing along with GO GO White Sox Theme as I played it over the computer. Thanks so much - a great collection of songs.

One slight error was found on the songs page. As any self-respecting acid head will tell you (assuming they could keep their train of thought) , Iron Butterfly's psychadelic classic was In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida not In La Gadda Da Vida as is listed on the site under Nancy's greatest hits. I would hate for anyone to go through life not knowing this.

I remember my big brother coming home with the album Iron Butterfly Ball and playing this song on the Hi-Fi - it took up a whole side of an album, I recall it being 17 minutes long or something like that. We all agreed the drum solo was "heavy".

Rock on, dudes!

HotelWhiteSox
09-24-2005, 03:00 PM
How about 'Run to the Hills', "Chasing the Injuns back to their homes, fighting them at their own game!"

PaleHoseGeorge
09-24-2005, 03:08 PM
One slight error was found on the songs page. As any self-respecting acid head will tell you (assuming they could keep their train of thought) , Iron Butterfly's psychadelic classic was In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida not In La Gadda Da Vida as is listed on the site under Nancy's greatest hits. I would hate for anyone to go through life not knowing this.

I have two goals for this website.

#1. A deeper appreciation by Sox Fans for the magic that is eating a churro at the ballpark.

And #2. A deeper appreciation by Sox Fans for the magic that is hearing Nancy Faust play In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida at the ballpark.

You're welcome.
:wink:

TornLabrum
09-24-2005, 04:11 PM
Pipe down old timer, nobody wants to hear you talk about "the good old days" when you were young, before electricity.
:)

I wish I knew what it was like to see the Pale Hose in a World Series. :whiner:

Except for Games 1 and 5, pretty ****ing depressing.

soxwon
09-25-2005, 12:50 AM
I have two goals for this website.

#1. A deeper appreciation by Sox Fans for the magic that is eating a churro at the ballpark.

And #2. A deeper appreciation by Sox Fans for the magic that is hearing Nancy Faust play In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida at the ballpark.

You're welcome.
:wink:

ive never had a churro.

batmanZoSo
09-25-2005, 04:08 AM
ive never had a churro.

I think they suck, personally.

*runs for the hills*

hula
06-06-2009, 01:42 PM
If anyone with a sprint cell phone wants this ringer I can email it to you and show you how to get it onto your phone (not that hard to do). Just leave your email address in this thread

How 'bout for Verizon? Anyone have it on their phone? If so, how'd you do it? :scratch:

Rohan
06-06-2009, 01:47 PM
How 'bout for Verizon? Anyone have it on their phone? If so, how'd you do it? :scratch:

Holy old thread batman!

BleacherBandit
06-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Talk about blast from the past. No, I'm not talking about the song.

thomas35forever
06-06-2009, 02:33 PM
When's a mod getting here to close this thread?:scratch:

I want Mags back
06-06-2009, 04:19 PM
When's a mod getting here to close this thread?:scratch:

:whocares Does it's existance bother you that much??

thomas35forever
06-06-2009, 05:28 PM
:whocares Does it's existance bother you that much??
Not really, but threads this old that are brought back are usually locked down.

nasox
06-06-2009, 05:59 PM
I nearly made a post making fun of these n00bs until I looked at the date and realized who the real n00b was.

hula
06-06-2009, 08:45 PM
So sue me cos I'd like to put the song on my phone.....jeezzzzzzz

soxnut1018
06-06-2009, 10:49 PM
So sue me cos I'd like to put the song on my phone.....jeezzzzzzz

Have you heard of google? It is this magical futuristic site that if you type in "download go go go white sox ring tone," it will give you sites to help you. Or you could just dig up more 4 year old threads looking for answers.

Rohan
06-06-2009, 10:59 PM
Have you heard of google? It is this magical futuristic site that if you type in "download go go go white sox ring tone," it will give you sites to help you. Or you could just dig up more 4 year old threads looking for answers.

That's probably what he did dude... He looked it up on google and this thread is what he got.

Quit being a douche bag.

TornLabrum
06-06-2009, 11:30 PM
Personal attacks are highly frowned upon, even moreso than bringing up old threads. And in fact that's what got this thread closed. Congratulations.

thomas35forever
06-06-2009, 11:31 PM
Still open.:tongue:

Viva Medias B's
06-06-2009, 11:35 PM
I started this thread the night A.J. hit the walk off home run to beat the Dodgers back in 2005. Right then and there, it was the first time I thought "Gee whiz, we might actually have a legitimate shot at winning the World Series." I swear to God I had that thought that night.

The Sox played the song originally for the ceremony honoring the 1959 Go-Go Sox that night. We were down to L.A. in that game, but when we started rallying the USCF DJ started playing it. It stuck, to say the least.

chisoxfanatic
06-06-2009, 11:40 PM
I think they need to play it at the ballpark more.

thomas35forever
06-06-2009, 11:42 PM
I think they need to play it at the ballpark more.
No need to run it into the ground like "Go Cubs Go."

Quentin4prez
06-06-2009, 11:42 PM
omg im an idiot....didn't see the date