PDA

View Full Version : earlybird parking questions

gobears1987
06-18-2005, 07:54 PM
Can someone give me the details on the early bird parking?

chisoxfanatic
06-18-2005, 09:01 PM
Early Bird parking only exists in Lot G, and you must get to the game at least 1.5 hours early. It costs $8 instead of the usual $17.

CallMeNuts
06-18-2005, 09:57 PM
Early Bird parking only exists in Lot G, and you must get to the game at least 1.5 hours early. It costs $8 instead of the usual $17.

Do you know how long they have been doing this? I never saw this publicized anywhere.

gobears1987
06-18-2005, 10:06 PM
Does G usually fill up before 1.5 hours before the game? WHat's the best way to enter the lot?

chisoxfanatic
06-18-2005, 10:22 PM
Do you know how long they have been doing this? I never saw this publicized anywhere.

This is the first year.

Does G usually fill up before 1.5 hours before the game? WHat's the best way to enter the lot?

You can enter the lot right west of the 35th street viaduct. I do not know if it fills up 1.5 hours before the game, as I live in Bridgeport and just park on the street, not dealing with the parking lots...Anyone else "in the know" here would be better informed.

zach074
06-18-2005, 10:25 PM
Like everyone said, get there an hour and a half early in lot G and get $8 parking. I used that deal for the first time today.

fusillirob1983
06-18-2005, 10:30 PM
This is the first year.

You can enter the lot right west of the 35th street viaduct. I do not know if it fills up 1.5 hours before the game, as I live in Bridgeport and just park on the street, not dealing with the parking lots...Anyone else "in the know" here would be better informed.

This isn't the first year. I've been doing it since 2003.

whtsx1959
06-18-2005, 11:20 PM
No tailgating though. You can only tailgate in A,B,C,D,E, and F

Linky (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ballpark/cws_ballpark_directions.jsp)

joe_tansey2004
06-19-2005, 12:11 AM
This isn't the first year. I've been doing it since 2003.

Yeah they been doing that for the longest time.

dcb33
06-19-2005, 02:06 AM
No tailgating though. You can only tailgate in A,B,C,D,E, and F

Linky (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ballpark/cws_ballpark_directions.jsp)

They don't care if you tailgate in Lot G. I've tailgated 5 times in that lot already this year and no one has ever told my friends and I that it isn't allowed. They even have steel barrels set out in the lot marked COALS.

Lot G never sells out 1.5 hours before the game, but if you want the deal make sure you aren't late becuase they are real sticklers for time. If you show up 1 hour, 29 minutes, and 30 seconds before the start of the game you can forget about the special.

fox23
06-19-2005, 04:57 PM
They don't care if you tailgate in Lot G. I've tailgated 5 times in that lot already this year and no one has ever told my friends and I that it isn't allowed. They even have steel barrels set out in the lot marked COALS.

Lot G never sells out 1.5 hours before the game, but if you want the deal make sure you aren't late becuase they are real sticklers for time. If you show up 1 hour, 29 minutes, and 30 seconds before the start of the game you can forget about the special.

Any ideas on how early you can get there to tailgate? Whenever I do that in Milwaukee, I make it an all day thing pretty much.

fusillirob1983
06-19-2005, 05:05 PM

This is good to know. Last time when I came with a big group we ended up going to one of the other lots because I didn't think it was allowed in Lot G.

sircaffey1
06-19-2005, 05:26 PM
Lot G is the best lot. Early bird parking, and I have tailgated there many times...

kevingrt
06-19-2005, 06:04 PM
Lot G is the best lot. Early bird parking, and I have tailgated there many times...

I know what I am doing Wednesday. Getting early bird parking, doing some tailgating and watching a white Sox winner.

gosox3072
06-19-2005, 06:09 PM
Ive been getting the early bird special since 2003 as well. Also they do indeed let you tailgate there as well. Note to people under 21--there is parking security that comes around every day to check IDs:(:

gosox3072
06-19-2005, 06:10 PM
Whats the story for the half price parking when the cubs are here......is that deal off....b/c last year we had to pay full price?

irish rover
06-20-2005, 02:48 AM
not sure about that, they may do that just for the cub games.

I actually found out about that 1/2 price parking back in 1999, its suppose to mainly be for the workers, so may have been going on longer

doublem23
06-20-2005, 02:53 AM
They've at least been doing it since 2002. That was the summer after I graduated from St. Patrick and a few friends and I would go down to Sox games about 2 hours before first pitch and sit around a tailgate. I think parking was 1/2 price then, so it might have been like $7. :dunno:

skobabe8
06-20-2005, 03:01 AM
Ive been getting the early bird special since 2003 as well. Also they do indeed let you tailgate there as well. Note to people under 21--there is parking security that comes around every day to check IDs:(:

They also have the officers who walk around and issue citations to people who arent partying hard enough. I love those guys. :D:

ChicagoHoosier
06-20-2005, 09:21 AM
I know there have been simliar threads several times this year, but I'm glad this was started again. I called a White Sox rep and asked about the parking and they had indicated to me that there was NO $8.00 parking. I'm glad to hear that Lot G still is $8 and that tailgating is allowed. Having tailgated twice in the last eight days and hitting it again tonight, I may experiment and try this lot out.

As someone asked, what's the easiest way to get there? I know the florescent-green parking cops in the street tend to shift traffic in all sorts of directions. Any good way to get there?

dcb33
06-20-2005, 01:37 PM
I know there have been simliar threads several times this year, but I'm glad this was started again. I called a White Sox rep and asked about the parking and they had indicated to me that there was NO $8.00 parking. I'm glad to hear that Lot G still is $8 and that tailgating is allowed. Having tailgated twice in the last eight days and hitting it again tonight, I may experiment and try this lot out.

As someone asked, what's the easiest way to get there? I know the florescent-green parking cops in the street tend to shift traffic in all sorts of directions. Any good way to get there?

Since I'm not really sure if you can get from the Ryan to Lot G on 35th, I usually get off the Ryan at 18th and drive a block west to Halsted. From there I take Halsted south to 35th, then 35th east to Lot G. HOWEVER, I usually take that route on weekends and not on weeknights during rush hour (although the times I've taken it during the week it's fairly clear once you get south of Cermak). If you take this route, be advised there's also construction on Halsted just north of 35th.

ssirish317
06-21-2005, 03:48 PM
[QUOTE
As someone asked, what's the easiest way to get there? I know the florescent-green parking cops in the street tend to shift traffic in all sorts of directions. Any good way to get there?[/QUOTE]

I've found the best way is to enter is from the south side of the lot, on 33rd street. Like the guy in the above post said, Halsted is under construction, so you're better off taking the sidestreets to get to 33rd. The entrance is right before the bridge under the tracks. (Its not so much of an entrance, there's just no curb right there and there is stone on the ground between the street and the parking lot pavement.)

irish rover
06-21-2005, 10:49 PM
Since I'm not really sure if you can get from the Ryan to Lot G on 35th, I usually get off the Ryan at 18th and drive a block west to Halsted. From there I take Halsted south to 35th, then 35th east to Lot G. HOWEVER, I usually take that route on weekends and not on weeknights during rush hour (although the times I've taken it during the week it's fairly clear once you get south of Cermak). If you take this route, be advised there's also construction on Halsted just north of 35th.

yes I agree, Halsted to 35th, since you half to bether 1.5 hrs before game start there should not be any traffic.

just a thought, when we hear about such tid bits as 1/2 price parking that is not advertised, it maybe best not to contact the org. They way they operate, once they here more and more are taking advantage of it they may shut it down.