PDA

View Full Version : Cubs continue to invent....

dcb33
06-18-2005, 05:20 PM
....new ways to lose.

Today Derek Jeter hit his first career Grand Slam off Jo-Blo. Jeter hit more home runs than any other Yankee before hitting his first GS, and it ended the longest active streak of a current MLB player to hit the most home runs before going yard with the bases juiced.

I can't think of a better franchise with a stronger losing tradition to break all of these streaks.

samram
06-18-2005, 05:33 PM
Someone make sure that both Buck's and McCarver's hotel rooms are stocked with vaseline.

ChiSoxRowand
06-19-2005, 01:46 AM
Jeter's grand slam got "the call of the day" on Sportscenter. That really pissed me off. How the hell can you give it to him over AJ? They were leading 3-1 at the time too, it's not like it gave them the lead. Plus it wasn't even the hometown call.

Nellie_Fox
06-19-2005, 01:53 AM
Jeter's grand slam got "the call of the day" on Sportscenter. That really pissed me off. How the hell can you give it to him over AJ? They were leading 3-1 at the time too, it's not like it gave them the lead. Plus it wasn't even the hometown call.On Baseball Tonight, when asked what was the most important event of the day, Tim Kurkjian said it was clearly the Sox bottom of the ninth victory over the Dodgers. He said that no one can possibly be wondering any more if the White Sox are for real.

Chisox003
06-19-2005, 01:57 AM
Jeter's grand slam got "the call of the day" on Sportscenter. That really pissed me off. How the hell can you give it to him over AJ? They were leading 3-1 at the time too, it's not like it gave them the lead. Plus it wasn't even the hometown call.

And on BBTN Sosa's 583rd HR got the "Hometown Call of the Day"

583? Ooooo he tied Mcgwire! Now 2 cheaters have the same number of HR's! Only ESPN

:gulp:

Mr. White Sox
06-19-2005, 02:37 AM
He said that no one can possibly be wondering any more if the White Sox are for real.

Brantley's in a pickle!!!

Nellie_Fox
06-19-2005, 03:07 AM
And on BBTN Sosa's 583rd HR got the "Hometown Call of the Day"

583? Ooooo he tied Mcgwire! Now 2 cheaters have the same number of HR's! Only ESPNYeah, I have to say, I'm amazed that Baseball Tonight completely pretends the whole steroid thing never happened, and goes on and on about how the McGwire/Sosa homerun race "saved baseball."

shoota
06-19-2005, 03:58 AM
On Baseball Tonight, when asked what was the most important event of the day, Tim Kurkjian said it was clearly the Sox bottom of the ninth victory over the Dodgers. He said that no one can possibly be wondering any more if the White Sox are for real.

I am still floating on Cloud 9.

chisox
06-19-2005, 07:17 PM
one of positive things about being in argentina is my complete isolation from the american media. i get to pick and choose who provides me with my sox coverage, instead of being insulted with the dribble they choose to show on espn in the states. between mlb.com and this site there's no where else i need to go.

also. this is the firs time this season that the whitesox will be shown on espn argentina as a part of sunday night baseball. glad i don't have to catch a choppy version of the game on my computer!