PDA

View Full Version : W-S Pitching Staff

The Tom
06-18-2005, 03:24 PM
Now that Gio and Broadway are in W-S, and Lumsden coming of the DL, what are the Warthogs going to do with their rotation? They have about 8 guys who have made regular starts. It would seem like some of the guys are moving up and Gio, Whisler, Broadway, Lumsden, Haigwood and Haeger would be a good 6-man roatation (since broadway will be piggy-backed maybe Lumsden could be moved to the pen). But that leaves some other guys out.

Tadahito
06-19-2005, 05:38 PM
I think Broadway will piggy-back with Dizard.

WS is definitely loaded with arms right now.

maurice
06-20-2005, 02:31 PM
Haeger got promoted to B'ham. Lumsden will need to start in the pen but should eventually be added to the rotation, along with Liotta.

It's a very nice problem to have.

rdivaldi
06-20-2005, 05:05 PM
Lumsden will need to start in the pen but should eventually be added to the rotation, along with Liotta.

Is it written in stone that Liotta is to be the next guy promoted to W/S? Quite honestly looking through the boxscores he's been outpitched by Russell and Egbert as of late.

Of all the guys in the minors I honestly believe that Russell has the highest ceiling except for Gio. Just a huge, intimidating guy that throws hard.

If he can gain some more control watch out. (don't know if that should be in pink or not)

maurice
06-20-2005, 06:35 PM
Russell's still a work in progress (4-4, 3.72 ERA, 47:31 K:BB, 8 HR allowed), so there's no sense rushing him along. I like Egbert a lot, but he was pitching out of the BP not too long ago. Seems like Liotta would be up before either of those 2.

SpringfldFan
06-21-2005, 10:33 AM
Wow, so W-S is going to have some arms to go along with that insane offense (even if Daigle moves up)? Mercy, is that going to be a scary team to watch :o: !