PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Says...

FGarcia34
06-18-2005, 01:35 PM
The Minnesota Twins have the stingiest pitching rotation in the majors...I seriously think that ESPN needs to elaborate on this. Yes, the twins do not give up many walks...And yes, their rotation has been pretty good...but not as good as the SOX. Through 66 games (65 for the Twins), this is how the rotations match up...

Mark Buehrle - 8-1 and 2.67 era
Johan Santana - 7-2 and 3.32 era

Freddy Garcia - 6-3 and 3.78 era
Brad Radke - 5-5 and 4.13 era

Jose Contreras - 3-3 and 3.81 era
Carlos Silva - 5-3 with 3.30 era

El Duque - 7-1 and 4.88 era
Joe Mays - 3-2 with 3.86 era

Jon Garland - 11-2 and 3.61 era
Kyle Lohse - 5-5 and 4.50 era

Like I stated before, the twins are very stingy in the walks department, however what does it matter if your giving up 5 runs in the first (Brad Radke). I mean, the SOX have a clear advantage in the 1, 2, and 5 spots in the rotation. With both 3 and 4 being pretty close. Eventhough Mays and Silva have lower era's than Contreras and El Duque, they arent even close is ability. By no means am I stating the Twins do not have a good rotation, I'm just touting our rotation being better than theirs by at least an arms length.

delben91
06-18-2005, 01:38 PM
It's ESPN. If there was something less significant than a grain of salt, I'd be saying, "Take their analysis with a ______"

The Sox rotation and the Twins rotation are both quite good. That's clear no matter what measuring stick you use.

The difference of course is in the measuring stick that is the central division standings, and I'll take what the standings say over what ESPN spews up any day of the week.

nedlug
06-18-2005, 01:41 PM
How about this tagline for an "insider" article on espn.com -

"GO WEST-

Tired of the Yankees and Red Sox? John Kruk is. He'd rather look toward the West Coast at a team like the Arizona Diamondbacks, who have gone largely unnoticed. Story"

Unnoticed by who? ESPN? Who cares?

MIgrenade
06-18-2005, 01:42 PM
Whenever ESPN does any type of feature on a team they always speak in superlatives. Soon they will be talking about how great the Royals are. I wouldn't worry about it.

SoxWillWin
06-18-2005, 01:47 PM
It's ESPN. If there was something less significant than a grain of salt, I'd be saying, "Take their analysis with a ______"

Less significant than a grain of salt.......well then you could say take thier analysis with Kerry Woods right arm. :D:

RallyBowl
06-18-2005, 02:04 PM
:whocares Any thread thats basis is something said on Espn should automatically be "Arnoled"

Podzilla_40
06-18-2005, 02:14 PM
How about this tagline for an "insider" article on espn.com -

"GO WEST-

Tired of the Yankees and Red Sox? John Kruk is. He'd rather look toward the West Coast at a team like the Arizona Diamondbacks, who have gone largely unnoticed. Story"

Unnoticed by who? ESPN? Who cares?
It also says John Kruk thinks Craig Counsell has a chance at the MVP.

...that's all that needs to be said about John Kruk.

kevingrt
06-18-2005, 03:13 PM
:whocares Any thread thats basis is something said on Espn should automatically be "Arnoled"

So true ESPN gets so annoying in how they cover stuff. They are so East Coast biased, then they are like well the D-Backs could win it all. Stupid, stupid stuff.

seanpmurphy
06-18-2005, 03:17 PM
Sox fans are still tuning into ESPN this far into the season? :rolleyes:

CubKilla
06-18-2005, 04:13 PM

"Arnolded". ***** :D: :D: :D:

ATXBMX
06-18-2005, 07:00 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52267

White Sox Josh
06-19-2005, 02:26 PM
Look Johan Santana was the best pitcher in Baseball last year Period. Anyone who argues that is an idiot. Brad Radke is a stud who didn't get lots of support. The rest are decent pitchers. I think that is close but the Sox have the edge.