PDA

View Full Version : Cub fans at Yankee Stadium

32nd&Wallace
06-18-2005, 12:00 PM
God, am I embarassed to be from Chicago. Yankee fans have finally gotten to see a whole type of annoying fan.

At last night's Cub/Yankee game Cub fans make sure they let the world know its all about them. One fan decked out in Cubbie gear was sitting behind the batter's box on the first base side. Whenever a left handed hitter was up (Hideki Matsui, let's say) this fan was on his cell phone waving his hand up and down making sure he was on tv. I'm going to guess that doens't happen a lot at Yankee Stadium.

Also, on the other side of the batters box I saw another Cub fan tryign to get the crowd to stand up and cheer when Zambrano had a 2-2 count.

Is it me or do traveling Cub fans try to make everything about them when they go into a visiting ballpark?

TornLabrum
06-18-2005, 12:07 PM
God, am I embarassed to be from Chicago. Yankee fans have finally gotten to see a whole type of annoying fan.

At last night's Cub/Yankee game Cub fans make sure they let the world know its all about them. One fan decked out in Cubbie gear was sitting behind the batter's box on the first base side. Whenever a left handed hitter was up (Hideki Matsui, let's say) this fan was on his cell phone waving his hand up and down making sure he was on tv. I'm going to guess that doens't happen a lot at Yankee Stadium.

Also, on the other side of the batters box I saw another Cub fan tryign to get the crowd to stand up and cheer when Zambrano had a 2-2 count.

Is it me or do traveling Cub fans try to make everything about them when they go into a visiting ballpark?

Why should it be any different than it is when they are at home?

Irishsox1
06-18-2005, 12:14 PM
I was watching the game back and forth and I noticed many annoying Cubs fans on cell phones. My complaint is I see people do this at every stadium. Why call your buddy?....does he care?....do you get to have sex with his hot sister because YOU are at Yankmee Stadium? Get off the phone jerk!!!!

32nd&Wallace
06-18-2005, 12:17 PM
I was watching the game back and forth and I noticed many annoying Cubs fans on cell phones. My complaint is I see people do this at every stadium. Why call your buddy?....does he care?....do you get to have sex with his hot sister because YOU are at Yankmee Stadium? Get off the phone jerk!!!! Yes, this does happen at every stadium but when you are wearing a blue and red striped jerseky with a baby animal stitched across you are a cut above the rest

soxwon
06-18-2005, 12:44 PM
The Cub circus hits all the major towns.

besides the clowns on the field, you get the BOZO's in the stands.

Muopsies
06-18-2005, 01:02 PM
I think I know what fan you're talking about who was trying to get the crowd up on Zambrano's 2-2 count. He was looking like a jerk doing some full body dry heave. That guy once again proves my theory that all Cub fans are giant geeks.

Foulke You
06-18-2005, 01:19 PM
Mike Kiley the Sun Times Cub Beat Writer and one who regularly kneels at the altar of Cubdom made sure in his game recap that everyone knew how many Cub fans were there and that they were incredibly "loud" at Yankee Stadium and that they were "drowning out" the Yankee fans at one point. I swear this guy has to be angling for a job in the Cub organization one day. It almost reminds me of how Sox beat writers for the Tribune and Sun Times were constantly harping on how many Sox fans there were in Denver and SD and how loud they were. It's nice that coverage in this town is fair and balanced.

PAPChiSox729
06-18-2005, 01:24 PM
Why should it be any different than it is when they are at home?

Yeah, doesn't everyone love the Cubs? Afterall, they are the best team in baseball. And they have Ron Santo!

34 Inch Stick
06-18-2005, 01:47 PM
Yankee fans have nothing to brag about. A yankee hit a ball into the corner with two men on. Both players would have scored except a fan reached over the wall on the 1st base line and brought the ball into the stands. He jumped for joy and all his friends congratulated him on the accomplishment of causing a ground rule double.

kittle42
06-18-2005, 02:42 PM
As Ron Santo said in 2004 while at a road game, "It's like *every* game is a home game, Patrick."

rwcescato
06-18-2005, 10:25 PM
As Ron Santo said in 2004 while at a road game, "It's like *every* game is a home game, Patrick."
I also heard there were a few good fights in the stands that stopped the game. I take it wasn't 2 yankee fans fighting.
Rich

C-Dawg
06-18-2005, 11:16 PM
At Friday's game at the Cell there was some goof wearing a Prior jersey, who kept standing up and calling attention to the AL/NL scoreboard everytime the Cubs scored..... But luckily the Yankees took over the lead for good and this guy mostly disappeared. I guess being a mindless, annoying, arrogant Cub fan is a 24/7 job.

DrCrawdad
06-18-2005, 11:26 PM
I also heard there were a few good fights in the stands that stopped the game. I take it wasn't 2 yankee fans fighting.
Rich

Damn White Sox fans!

cheeses_h_rice
06-18-2005, 11:36 PM
Man, so surprising to read about some ****s out east buying a Pryor or Woods jersey heading into Yankees stadium, knowing damn well the celebrity-starved TV crews would be focusing in on them as evidence of the country's best fanbase. I bet they made sure to stand up and clap every time the Flubs so much as farted.

I'm so happy their mediocre team is flopping around in hallowed Yankees Stadium like a fish out of water. At least it shuts up these despicable douches.

TornLabrum
06-19-2005, 12:12 AM
Man, so surprising to read about some ****s out east buying a Pryor or Woods jersey heading into Yankees stadium, knowing damn well the celebrity-starved TV crews would be focusing in on them as evidence of the country's best fanbase. I bet they made sure to stand up and clap every time the Flubs so much as farted.

I'm so happy their mediocre team is flopping around in hallowed Yankees Stadium like a fish out of water. At least it shuts up these despicable douches.

You should know better than that. Cubs fans never shut up. Even if they lose tomorrow, they'll find somthing to chirp about.

TommyJohn
06-19-2005, 07:30 AM
You should know better than that. Cubs fans never shut up. Even if they lose tomorrow, they'll find somthing to chirp about.

"When was the last time you guys drew a big crowd to Yankway Park?" *sneer*

DrCrawdad
06-19-2005, 10:15 AM
"When was the last time you guys drew a big crowd to Yankway Park?" *sneer*

IF the White Sox won the World Series, Cubbie fans and the Cubune would probably say, "Ok, let's see what you do next year..."

SOXSINCE'70
06-19-2005, 10:38 AM
The Cub circus hits all the major towns.

besides the clowns on the field, you get the BOZO's in the stands.

Sadly,you are correct.:(:

I personally think there are more clowns in the stands than on the field.

When fans of "the greatest baseball team on Earth" can sing
"root,root,root for the the sCrUBbies"at Yankmee Stadium,there
are major problems.I can only hope the White Sox will be shown
this much love when they play at "the Stadium" in August. :roflmao: :roflmao: :chunks

Fredsox
06-19-2005, 11:08 AM
I think one of the funny aspects of this is that those seats are not cheap. Can you imagine how much money somebody paid for those idiots to sit behind home plate and make fools of themselves?

TommyJohn
06-19-2005, 11:27 AM
IF the White Sox won the World Series, Cubbie fans and the Cubune would probably say, "Ok, let's see what you do next year..."

Actually, I think it would be more along the lines of "the Red Sox did it in 2004.
The *ugh* White Sox *sneer* did it 2005. Can the Cubbies do it in 2006? Let
the massive hype begin!"

chisox
06-19-2005, 06:06 PM
it's funny you bring this up. a buddy of mine (yankees fan) was at the game last night and sent me an e-mail about how god awful the cubs fans were. he was sitting next to a group of them, not only were they being over the top, but when he asked them questions about the cubbies they had no idea. they had no clue who latroy is or who he got traded to.

there're always plenty of silly celebrity sightings and big-wigs on cell phones at yankee stadium. the real fans get as annoyed with them we i do.

Hitmen77
06-19-2005, 08:48 PM

Don't forget that Yankee Stadium is also know as Wrigley Field East!

DrCrawdad
06-19-2005, 11:45 PM
Actually, I think it would be more along the lines of "the Red Sox did it in 2004.
The *ugh* White Sox *sneer* did it 2005. Can the Cubbies do it in 2006? Let
the massive hype begin!"

The Red Sox won in 1918 and then in 2004. Hopefully the White Sox win in 2005 after their last win in 1917. If the trend were to follow the Cubbies, who haven't won since 1908, would win in 2014.