PDA

View Full Version : Vince Vaughn...A Sox Fan?

StrTrkker
06-17-2005, 08:40 PM
They showed a shot of Vince Vaughn at tonites game...

Is he a Sox fan by chance?

He was born in Minneapolis but was raised in Lake Forest.

Unregistered
06-17-2005, 08:44 PM
Yeah, I just saw that shot of him shaking hands in the Bullpen Sports Bar - wearing a Sox hat.

I definately would have pegged that guy a Cubs fan, if anything... :yup:

I know he doesn't quite compare to the legion of C and D-list celebrities that claim to be Sox fans, but we'll take him. :redneck

chisox
06-17-2005, 08:45 PM
haahha. i just imagined vaughn giving crede the same pep-talk he gives favreu in swingers.

"You're so money and you don't even know it. You know what you are? You're like a big bear with claws and with fangs..."

batmanZoSo
06-17-2005, 08:58 PM
haahha. i just imagined vaughn giving crede the same pep-talk he gives favreu in swingers.

"You're so money and you don't even know it. You know what you are? You're like a big bear with claws and with fangs..."

You see Crede here? This is the man behind the man behind the man. Don't you forget that.

SluggersAway
06-17-2005, 09:09 PM
Sox fans please don't fall for this celebrity culture, it is so cubesque.

But, yes, you are all still money!

RedPinStripes
06-17-2005, 09:17 PM
I don't buy it. Celeberties show up when there's action. I think it was in 2000' Jessie Jackson sat behind home plate for a week just in the area so he was on TV every pitch. Daley wore a Cubs hat in '03 just to make people happy and get good pr.

Where were these guys the last 3 seasons?

Jurr
06-17-2005, 09:22 PM
Over in the gameday thread, we knew this thread would be born VERY SOON.

chisox
06-17-2005, 09:23 PM
You see Crede here? This is the man behind the man behind the man. Don't you forget that.

hahah, oh man.

i could go on all night.

RallyBowl
06-17-2005, 09:41 PM

"You're so money and you don't even know it. You know what you are? You're like a big bear with claws and with fangs...":D: Awesome!

RallyBowl
06-17-2005, 09:42 PM

"You're so money and you don't even know it. You know what you are? You're like a big bear with claws and with fangs..."I can't wait until he's "all growns up"!

Brian26
06-17-2005, 09:47 PM
Vaughn's in town shooting a movie with Jennifer Aniston. I think they're both staying at the Peninsula Hotel. Aniston was seen the other night at Coco Pazo restaurant. Vaughn just bought a condo in River North.

guillen4life13
06-17-2005, 10:04 PM
No offense to anyone, but:

Why does this seem to matter to us so much? Why do we care if X celebrity likes the Sox or not? What is the point?

White Sox Josh
06-17-2005, 10:12 PM
Vaughn's in town shooting a movie with Jennifer Aniston. I think they're both staying at the Peninsula Hotel. Aniston was seen the other night at Coco Pazo restaurant. Vaughn just bought a condo in River North.Yeah in my hometown of Wilmette to. I've seen Aniston around and she is very nice.

Milw
06-17-2005, 10:19 PM

Why does this seem to matter to us so much? Why do we care if X celebrity likes the Sox or not? What is the point?
Because Vince Vaughn is the shiznit. :gulp:

SOXintheBURGH
06-17-2005, 10:19 PM

Yankees can have their Adam Sandler..

Cubs can have their Bill Murray..

But Vince Vaughn absolutely RULES.

batmanZoSo
06-17-2005, 10:26 PM

I don't know, boost our self-esteem, give us a reason to live...it's all good.

soxfan43
06-17-2005, 10:36 PM
just got back from the game, he was sitting in the Scout seats behind homeplate. I was 2 sections over but it looked like he was having a pretty good time, especially when the sox scored. he got a pretty good ovation when they showed him on the jumbo tron wearing a sox hat

Lip Man 1
06-17-2005, 10:39 PM
Forgive my stupidity but who the hell is Vince Vaughn?

Is he an actor or something?

Lip

White Sox Josh
06-17-2005, 10:40 PM

Lipyeah he was in Old School, Swingers, Domestic Disturbance, and The Wedding Crashers.

mdep524
06-17-2005, 10:40 PM
As he stars in two of my all time favorite movies- Swingers and Old School- Vince Vaughn was a welcome sight at the Cell tonight. And he did get a surprisingly good cheer when he was on the scoreboard. However, I don't know if we can claim him as a Sox fan, because my friend saw him at the Cubs game earlier this week.

Brian26
06-17-2005, 10:41 PM

Lip

Yeah, he's currently in about 18 different movies. You don't get out much do you? :D: He's got a role in "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" right now. He's also in a movie called "Wedding Crashers". He's shooting "Derailed" with Aniston right now.

White Sox Josh
06-17-2005, 10:44 PM
Yeah, he's currently in about 18 different movies. You don't get out much do you? :D: He's got a role in "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" right now. He's also in a movie called "Wedding Crashers". He's shooting "Derailed" with Aniston right now.In my hometown of Wilmette i might add.

ClaudelSleptHere
06-17-2005, 10:45 PM
How do you not mention "Dodgeball?"

FielderJones
06-17-2005, 10:46 PM

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000681/
(http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000681/)

Brian26
06-17-2005, 10:46 PM

And Dodgeball!

White Sox Josh
06-17-2005, 10:47 PM
How do you not mention "Dodgeball?"I'm an idiot.

Lip Man 1
06-17-2005, 10:53 PM
Considering the 'movies' he's worked in no wonder I never heard of him.

Lip

rdivaldi
06-17-2005, 10:57 PM
Considering the 'movies' he's worked in no wonder I never heard of him.

Lip

Really Lip? Those are some pretty well known and well grossing movies.

I don't really care if the Sox have celebrity fans, but Vince Vaughn can show up in a Sox cap anytime he wants. Definitely one of the coolest, funniest guys on the silver screen these days.

SouthSide4Life
06-17-2005, 11:16 PM
i think we should start a thread in The Parking Lot with nothing but Vince Vaughn quotes. Lip- you really need to brush up on your movie seeing, to the post earlier about jessie jakson and daley, yeah no crap they go to games, after all they are politicians and want to bring in the votes from pleased fans, guillen4life- my answer to your question is " Because its Vince Vaughn."

NWSox
06-17-2005, 11:18 PM
yeah he was in Old School, Swingers, Domestic Disturbance, and The Wedding Crashers.

and Dodgeball!!!

mdep524
06-17-2005, 11:24 PM
He's also in a movie called "Wedding Crashers". Is Wedding Crashers out yet? I thought I heard it came out in July, otherwise I have to get my butt to the theatre this weekend!

Foulke You
06-17-2005, 11:25 PM
yeah he was in Old School, Swingers, Domestic Disturbance, and The Wedding Crashers.
He was also in a film in the late '90s with Joaquin Phoenix called "Clay Pigeons". Vaughn got a pretty big pop from the crowd tonight when he put his Sox cap on when his face appeared on the scoreboard.

SouthSide4Life
06-17-2005, 11:26 PM
c'mon guys what about MADE with J. Favreau

tick53
06-17-2005, 11:32 PM
Don't Forget The Movie "Clay Pigeons". Vinsox Played A Crazed Trucker.
Check It Out......

SouthSide4Life
06-17-2005, 11:38 PM
Don't Forget The Movie "Clay Pigeons". Vinsox Played A Crazed Trucker.
Check It Out......tick good useage of the new name for vince vaughn, bad useage of your reading skills... that just got posted n00b

batmanZoSo
06-17-2005, 11:47 PM
c'mon guys what about MADE with J. Favreau

I like Made better than Swingers.

Heading to the parking lot in 3, 2....

SouthSide4Life
06-17-2005, 11:53 PM

Heading to the parking lot in 3, 2....beat ya to it, new thread is up hahahaha add to it!

TheOldRoman
06-17-2005, 11:54 PM
Cubs can have their Bill Murray

Yes, and unfortunately, we will have Bill Murray, too. Come October, he will be at the Cell sitting in the scout seats wearing a Sox hat. He did the same bs with Illinois. He has probably never been to Chambana in his life, but when the Illini got to the sweet sixteen, all the sudden he was sitting in the front row. He is a media whore and a front runner. They showed him on NFL Films at the 1986 NFC Championship Game at Soldier Field. I wonder how many times he has been there since then. He could often been seen at New Comiskey when the Sox were hot in the early 90s, and come 2003 he was a life long flub fan. Screw Murray, let the Cubs keep him.

soxwon
06-17-2005, 11:56 PM
the weirdest thing, before i boarded the L to the game, i bought a red eye paper.

vince was on the cover, as i was reading i was thinking.
it would be great to get some celebs, including vince as a sox fan.

4th inning comes up, he's there in a sox cap. woo woo.

it was so weird, maybe he is a cubs fan, but to get him and others to start showing up as fans. would be what we really need.

great game, the big hurt is awesome 5 hrs in 25 ab's tremendous.

SouthSide4Life
06-17-2005, 11:59 PM
the weirdest thing, before i boarded the L to the game, i bought a red eye paper.

vince was on the cover, as i was reading i was thinking.
it would be great to get some celebs, including vince as a sox fan.

4th inning comes up, he's there in a sox cap. woo woo.

it was so weird, maybe he is a cubs fan, but to get him and others to start showing up as fans. would be what we really need.

great game, the big hurt is awesome 5 hrs in 25 ab's tremendous.maybe after the warm welcome we gave him tonight, he'll see the light and Join the DARK SIDE!!!!

house215
06-18-2005, 12:15 AM
Is it me or does Vince Vaughn play the same charecter in every movie he is in?

SouthSide4Life
06-18-2005, 12:22 AM
Is it me or does Vince Vaughn play the same charecter in every movie he is in?its you

clee-hegone
06-18-2005, 12:23 AM
Is it me or does Vince Vaughn play the same charecter in every movie he is in?

you are correct he does play the same role in each movie "THE MOTHER F*CKING SHOW STEALER" just like pods steals second vaughn steals the scene, he essentially is the scotty pods of hollywood.

Nellie_Fox
06-18-2005, 12:34 AM
Is it me or does Vince Vaughn play the same charecter in every movie he is in?Yes. Yes he does. But so did John Wayne, and you cannot criticize John Wayne around me.

I still really liked Swingers. One of my favorite movies of all time, and I think it was much better than "Made" because it was so fresh.

maff
06-18-2005, 12:49 AM
Wasn't Vaughn Norman Bates in the remake of "Psycho"?

CubsSuckSoBad
06-18-2005, 08:58 AM
Yankees can have their Adam Sandler..

Cubs can have their Bill Murray..

But Vince Vaughn absolutely RULES.

He's definitely a SOX fan...

I had a buddy that was walking downtown and turned the corner on Michigan avenue and bumped into someone....he looked up and it was Vince Vaughn...He took a picture with him and got his autograph while Vaughn was wearing his white sox hat....

RallyBowl
06-18-2005, 09:32 AM
Hasn't he sang the 7th inning at the Urinal before?I like Vince more than next guy, but surely this is not something a Sox fan would do, if he did.

mmmmmbeeer
06-18-2005, 09:49 AM
twinkle twinkle

Max Power
06-18-2005, 09:56 AM

Wow, I thought I was the only one that felt that way. In fact I nearly got into a fistfight with a good friend after saying that.

Anyway, that's cool about Vince Vaughn being at the game. Let's be honest though, he's in town filming a movie, was looking for some publicity, so his publicist got him some comped seats and bought him a Sox hat, which now sits on a shelf next to an MTV Movie Award.

SSN721
06-18-2005, 10:46 AM

Yes he was. Despite there being no need to remake the classic movie he did a pretty good job in it too I thought. Still no nee to remake it, Hitchcock is as genius, no need to redo any of his films, even shot by shot remakes, just watch the original.

harwar
06-18-2005, 10:52 AM
I only know that he was in "return to paradise' and anyone who has spent time in a foreign jail couldn't but be greatly moved by this guys portrayal of what a living hell that can be.

South Side
06-18-2005, 11:18 AM
Wow, I thought I was the only one that felt that way. In fact I nearly got into a fistfight with a good friend after saying that.

Anyway, that's cool about Vince Vaughn being at the game. Let's be honest though, he's in town filming a movie, was looking for some publicity, so his publicist got him some comped seats and bought him a Sox hat, which now sits on a shelf next to an MTV Movie Award.

I would have to tend to agree with you on this but why is he walking around Chicago w/ his hat on? He is from Chicago after all.

rmusacch
06-18-2005, 11:29 AM

Yep.

soxfanreggie
06-18-2005, 11:31 AM
I'll take Vince Vaughn as a Sox fan. Somebody e-mail his publicist...see what they say...:cool:

kittle42
06-18-2005, 11:37 AM
Why does anybody care? I like Vince Vaughn's movies, but I really couldn't care less what team he roots for.

JohnBasedowYoda
06-18-2005, 12:52 PM

it doesn't matter, we're just talking about it. tell me it wouldn't be cool to sit next to a rich ass celebrity during a game. endless pocket for beer money man

bobj4400
06-18-2005, 12:58 PM

Or Starsky and Hutch?

34 Inch Stick
06-18-2005, 01:36 PM
This was just pandering. If him buying a coke and a hot dog means that we can increase the budget then I say come aboard this bandwagon.

SpammySosa
06-18-2005, 02:06 PM
tell me it wouldn't be cool to sit next to a rich ass celebrity during a game.
Yeah,it ranks right up there with seeing a White Sox Winner,Mark Buehrle's dominance and the offense's great performance.
endless pocket for beer money man
This comment and the other posts oohing and ahhing over just another fan at the park is something I would expect from Wrigley fans,not Sox fans.:rolleyes:

SpammySosa
06-18-2005, 02:10 PM

:?: :?: :?: And all this time I bought into good pitching,etc as being important.

kevingrt
06-18-2005, 02:15 PM
Why does anybody care? I like Vince Vaughn's movies, but I really couldn't care less what team he roots for.

Gotta agree with you. What is the big deal with the importance of celebrity fans?

South Side
06-18-2005, 02:17 PM
it doesn't matter, we're just talking about it. tell me it wouldn't be cool to sit next to a rich ass celebrity during a game. endless pocket for beer money man

He was in the Scout Seats, food and drink is already "free".

Nellie_Fox
06-19-2005, 01:17 AM
Believe me, we don't need any bandwagon jumping celebrities at Sox games. They can get tickets to anything they want, while you can't.

I'll never forget seeing Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russel at the last day of Old Comiskey. Oh, yeah, like they're big Sox fans. Meanwhile, real Sox fans couldn't get a sniff of a ticket unless they were season ticket holders.

White Sox Josh
06-19-2005, 01:27 PM
Hasn't he sang the 7th inning at the Urinal before?I like Vince more than next guy, but surely this is not something a Sox fan would do, if he did.yeah but he apolagized to Chip Carrey because he was a lifelong sox fan.