PDA

View Full Version : Paul Konerko

RKMeibalane
06-17-2005, 07:54 PM
In an effort to test my theory about Paul Konerko being a never-ending source of controversy, I've decided to see how many people respond to this thread, just because it has GIDPaul's name in the title. Enjoy!

nedlug
06-17-2005, 07:56 PM
Trade him! Break up the team! Paulie's a cancer!

RKMeibalane
06-17-2005, 08:03 PM
Trade him! Break up the team! Paulie's a cancer!

That last part shouldn't have been in teal.

nedlug
06-17-2005, 08:23 PM
That last part shouldn't have been in teal.

The only people I've ever seen affected by stuff Paulie says are the people on these boards. Frankly, I don't think the WS players really care at all.

delben91
06-17-2005, 08:27 PM
I'll admit, I was drawn into this thread just by the title and all the Paul Konerko stuff that's been flying around the forums lately.

Don't know what that means, other than that I'm nosy. :redface:

whitesoxfan
06-17-2005, 08:27 PM
Did his job with the 2 run RBI single.

nedlug
06-17-2005, 08:29 PM
I used to try and read every thread, but it's getting easier and easier to stay away from thread where I know what's going on inside... unless I feel like being confrontational, that is...:cool:

However, Paulie just delivered 2 runs in the 1st! 2-0 after 1, nice job Paulie!

fquaye149
06-17-2005, 08:30 PM
The only people I've ever seen affected by stuff Paulie says are the people on these boards. Frankly, I don't think the WS players really care at all.

no offense but you are a moron.

if you could tell they were upset by konerko, they would be just as bad.

notice how no one has said that paulie's a good teammate.

you hear it said about other clubhouse cancers (alleged clubhouse cancers that is).

for instance, uribe and rowand give frank their undying support.

buehrle backs up boomer.

where's the paulie love? and gee i wonder why we're not seeing it...

delben91
06-17-2005, 08:36 PM
In an effort to test my theory about Paul Konerko being a never-ending source of controversy, I've decided to see how many people respond to this thread, just because it has GIDPaul's name in the title. Enjoy!

A latter day Tomato thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5628&highlight=testing+theory)???? Dare I dream????

LuvSox
06-18-2005, 12:04 AM
I used to try and read every thread, but it's getting easier and easier to stay away from thread where I know what's going on inside... unless I feel like being confrontational, that is...:cool:

Well, aren't you something.

lbtigerfan
06-18-2005, 12:10 AM
Paul makes my heart throb.:drool: :walnuts

jehosaphat
06-18-2005, 12:24 AM

I haven't chimed in on a Paul thread, because everything (either intelligent or not) that could possibly be said about PK has already been said. however, since you want responses, I'll comply, and say things others have already said.

Here are the bottom line questions and answers!

Who are we we going to trade him for? Nobody is going to simply send us a great player for Konerko. Teams, however, would trade a lousy player for Konerko.

Is he lousy? No, he's reasonably productive offensively (albeit a bit streaky), he plays a decent first base, and he can come up with big hits, and he's as slow as a turtle on the base paths.

Is he great? No, he's reasonably productive offensively (albeit a bit streaky), he plays a decent first base, and he can come up with big hits, and he's as slow as a turtle on the base paths.

Do we have another option within organization for 1st base? No. Not until Gload comes back, and I'm 95% sure Gload is not a short- or long-term upgrade over Konerko.

And by the way, I sort of find Konerko to be an appealing player. He's a walrus sort of a guy who hustles, and he seems to get the best out of his God given ability. I don't get why people have such antipathy towards the guy.

SouthSide4Life
06-18-2005, 12:29 AM
:threadsucks.

South Side
06-18-2005, 12:38 AM

you hear it said about other clubhouse cancers (alleged clubhouse cancers that is).

buehrle backs up boomer.

He's a moron b/c he doesn't agree with you? Right. I'm w/ him. Paulie might say some stupid things but the ultra sensitive people on this board are the ones w/ the problem. Don't assume Paulie is ruining the clubhouse environment just b/c you like drama. Stop jumping to conclusions just b/c he makes a comment that isn't exactly complimentary. Yeah, you're right, he's really bringing the team down w/ that 44-22 record.
And don't tell me I am making excuses for Konerko. I don't even like him that much.

nedlug
06-18-2005, 01:08 AM

Oh, well, in that case... none taken!:rolleyes:

Chisox003
06-18-2005, 01:18 AM

buehrle backs up boomer.

FQ, Ive read a few of your posts in the past day, (Whaddya know, in threads about PK!) and I have to say, you are quite confident in what you post.

If someone disagrees with you, like Im about to, theyre automatically morons....

Ok, so tell me this....Konerko is a cancer because his team mates dont go running to the media telling people how good of a team mate he is? You gave 2 examples of players complimenting a couple guys (One of which hasnt played here in 4 years), both happening in recent memory....Ohhh, but nobody said Konerko is a good team mate! Must mean he's a cancer! Along with Podsednik, Iguchi, Crede, Politte, oh god theres too many!

Again, not saying youre wrong or Im right, because people post their OPINIONS! What a concept! :rolleyes:

Youre probably right though

There's my contribution to this wacky thread :gulp:

clee-hegone
06-18-2005, 01:31 AM
everyone rips on paulie and for what? cause a few yrs ago when frank was being the big skirt not the big hurt he called him out? or a month ago when asked and i quote, "how do u feel about uribe apparently trying to grab derek lee?" and responded with if he did he is wrong. or the other day when asked about royce clayton defensively he said he was the best he ever played with, simply stating his opinion. maybe its me but what exactly has this guy done wrong? oh i know he hit 40 hrs 100 rbis last yr and is on pace again this year, ross gload wont give that production.