PDA

View Full Version : Sox on Rome

Hartman
06-17-2005, 05:44 PM
Anybody catch Rome today where they were discussing MB's comments that a certain Cubs pitcher may be cheating?

Him and his goons where pretty much anti-Sox as usual, and one guy on there went as far to say that the Sox where crumbling and the Twins were going to real them in. :rolleyes:

GOD FORBID someone say something about the precious Cubs or the whole media will get their panties in a bunch.

thecell
06-17-2005, 05:51 PM
:whocares

I'm content flying under the radar. Let the mediots say what they want. We take care of business on the field. Go Sox!

PAPChiSox729
06-17-2005, 10:17 PM
Anybody catch Rome today where they were discussing MB's comments that a certain Cubs pitcher may be cheating?

Him and his goons where pretty much anti-Sox as usual, and one guy on there went as far to say that the Sox where crumbling and the Twins were going to real them in. :rolleyes:

GOD FORBID someone say something about the precious Cubs or the whole media will get their panties in a bunch.

Rome is an idiot. And his style of speaking drives me insane. I hate those pauses! I really don't see why anyone watches his show.

RedPinStripes
06-17-2005, 10:24 PM
Rome is a complete idiot that i never could listen to or watch just like his cousin Moronotti.

DaleJRFan
06-17-2005, 11:18 PM
Thank GOD they took him off the daytime slot. He f****** sucks.

What I find especially annoying is how he allows callers to read their scripted crap they spent all week writing, for the entire duration of his show. It's like a sports poetry slam minus the turtlenecks and finger snapping.

I have the video clip of him getting wasted by Jim Everett if anyone cares to see...

PAPChiSox729
06-17-2005, 11:47 PM

What I find especially annoying is how he allows callers to read their scripted crap they spent all week writing, for the entire duration of his show. It's like a sports poetry slam minus the turtlenecks and finger snapping.

I have the video clip of him getting wasted by Jim Everett if anyone cares to see...

Sure. I could use a laugh.

Lip Man 1
06-17-2005, 11:49 PM
Scott Posednik was his guest last week and they had a pleasant conversation about his career (he spent nine years in the minor leagues...) and this season with the Sox.

A far cry from Jim's bashing of 'Dog Day Afternoon...'

Lip

Cubbiesuck13
06-18-2005, 12:26 AM

The Sox are still doing individual intros right? They should have that clip on the jumbotron when they announce Sane Carl.

milrtyme28
06-18-2005, 12:54 AM
man is this guy bad - i just cant stand the way he talks, and the pauses - as if its for effect or something. I cant listen to this guy at all - I switch it off immediately

Nellie_Fox
06-18-2005, 01:10 AM
Rome is an idiot... I really don't see why anyone watches his show.I don't.

Erik The Red
06-18-2005, 04:35 AM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/jimeverett.mpg

MUsoxfan
06-18-2005, 04:43 AM
I don't.

Me neither. He's the most arrogant, condescending guy out there. He knows everything, we know nothing. No thanks to him or whatever his network of the week is

The Racehorse
06-18-2005, 10:49 AM
I think Rome is great. His perspective from LA is refreshing as compared to what comes out of the east coast types. And while Rome has a TV show on ESPN, he doesn't smack of the typical acolyte for that network.

His TV show is nothing more than a very condensed format of his radio show [which I prefer]. His overall style certainly isn't vanilla, but I think that is a plus in today's sportsblab media-world. What separates Rome from the others [imo] is he'll take a run at anybody. I certainly don't agree with everything he says... but then again, I don't agree with allot of what I hear or read overall.

In general, Rome has given the Sox some good, deserved positive-pub... and he's certainly been positive to Ozzie, A.J., & Buehrle in particular.