PDA

View Full Version : Bizarro Day at WSI

daveeym
06-17-2005, 01:26 PM
Frader (and others) going absolutely ape**** over Konerko's innocuous comment. Sox fans voting for D Lee in the city poll. Sox fans complaining about stuffing a tribune poll. Sleazy and Morrisey for the most part praising the Cell and trashing Wrigley. Shoot, throw in Morgan basically admitting to a Red Cubs/EastcoastSPortsNetwork media bias.

I'm expecting the windsock to publicly apologize to JR and the Sox before the game tonight and to start writing nothing but fluff pieces about the sox from here on out.

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats, living together... mass hysteria!

Feel free to add your own potential Bizarro day occurrences.

Baby Fisk
06-17-2005, 01:36 PM
This always happens when the Dodgers are in town.

daveeym
06-17-2005, 01:50 PM
This always happens when the Dodgers are in town.:roflmao: .

cleanwsox
06-17-2005, 02:25 PM
It's amazing what people come up with on an off day. If baseball was like a football season, these boards would be insane.

Hangar18
06-17-2005, 02:29 PM
Where are all the historic Dodgers come to Chicago stories?
Where were the Daily Dodger Fluff Pieces in both papers?

kittle42
06-17-2005, 02:50 PM
Where are all the historic Dodgers come to Chicago stories?
Where were the Daily Dodger Fluff Pieces in both papers?

C'mon Henry, they Dodgers come to Chicago every season to play the Cubs! Why would papers get in such a stir over a team coming in that comes in every year and .....oh wait....

daveeym
06-17-2005, 02:57 PM
C'mon Henry, they Dodgers come to Chicago every season to play the Cubs! Why would papers get in such a stir over a team coming in that comes in every year and .....oh wait.... The Tribune didn't even have any dodger fluff pieces? Because Kittle's favorite the RedEye had a full page of Dodger/59 series fluff.

jackbrohamer
06-17-2005, 03:20 PM
This always happens when the Dodgers are in town.

Now that was funny. :sunshine:

Mr. White Sox
06-17-2005, 03:43 PM
more bizarro occurences? there are 5 new articles on the ChiSox, and two of them are actually on the Sox/Dodgers series on www.chicagosports.com Amazing.

DumpJerry
06-17-2005, 04:18 PM
News release:

The Human Resources Departments at both the Tribune and Sun-Times have ordered immediate testing for illicit substances from all Sports Department employees: editors, writers, copypeople, layout, etc.

Both news organizations have issued statements apologizing to the good people of Northern Chicago for traumatizing their children and those with poor health into thinking that Comiskey Park and White Sox might somehow, someway, be a pleasant experience. Remedial action has been implemented and there should not be a repeat of this tragedy.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled hyping of The Greatest Baseball Team on Planet Earth..................

kittle42
06-17-2005, 04:32 PM
The Tribune didn't even have any dodger fluff pieces? Because Kittle's favorite the RedEye had a full page of Dodger/59 series fluff.

Every time I see someone reading the RedEye or Red Streak, my opinion of them plummets.

daveeym
06-17-2005, 04:40 PM
Every time I see someone reading the RedEye or Red Streak, my opinion of them plummets. And everytime you make a comment like that I chuckle and say same ol ass. :redneck

kittle42
06-17-2005, 05:20 PM
And everytime you make a comment like that I chuckle and say same ol ass. :redneck

That's me! :smile:

Brian26
06-17-2005, 08:33 PM
Every time I see someone reading the RedEye or Red Streak, my opinion of them plummets.

I've commented on these two rags before too. Even the crossword puzzles in these two papers are dumbed down.

SOXintheBURGH
06-17-2005, 08:34 PM

That's exactly how I feel at work when I mention to a customer that I grew up in Chicago and they say "I'm a big Cubs fan."

ChiWhiteSox1337
06-17-2005, 08:51 PM
I love the description on MLB.com :smile:

The Dodgers haven't been back to Chicago since beating the "Go-Go Sox" in the '59 World Series. Mark Buehrle starts.

PAPChiSox729
06-17-2005, 09:13 PM
It's amazing what people come up with on an off day. If baseball was like a football season, these boards would be insane.

Scary to think of, isn't it. I was only around for about a month and a half this past offseason, but I must say that I am surprised that these boards are kept relatively 'normal'. It must be something from the baseball season that makes us fans so crazy.
:D:

CubKilla
06-18-2005, 02:07 AM
Frader (and others) going absolutely ape**** over Konerko's innocuous comment.

Understatement of the year

FarWestChicago
06-18-2005, 02:15 AM
Understatement of the yearAnd we all know a self admitted leading FOLIP and Dark Cloud is the reference point for emotionally balanced posting. :D: