PDA

View Full Version : Who are you most impressed with this year?

GoSoxGo!
06-17-2005, 02:22 PM
I think i would be most impressed with this year is Tadahito Iguchi.

Rocky Soprano
06-17-2005, 02:24 PM
Scott Podsednik.
(i goofed up while trying to vote)

I had never in my life seen what a true leadoff hitter can do for a team.

Ventura Fan 23
06-17-2005, 02:24 PM
Garland, he is finally living up to his potential.

BridgePortNative
06-17-2005, 02:25 PM
I expected that from Iguchi, the surprise has to be Garland.

bartmanisgod
06-17-2005, 02:26 PM
I thought garland would win at best 12 games this year. I never expected what he's shown us.

Madvora
06-17-2005, 02:33 PM
Iguchi is doing what he was expected to do. I was excited when we picked him up. Actually I expected more steals because I think he led his league twice. Nothing to complain about. He's awesome.

The answer has to be Garland. For years we have been frustrated with this guy and he had been demoted to 5th starter. Sox fans probably would have put up with the same stuff he had been giving us this year because at least he was better than the 5th starters of years past, but nobody expected him to be REAL good this year. Very, very impressive.

Podsednik is doing exactly what I expected of him too.

Buehrle always does what is expected of him

Palehose13
06-17-2005, 02:36 PM
Iguchi is doing what he was expected to do. I was excited when we picked him up. Actually I expected more steals because I think he led his league twice. Nothing to complain about. He's awesome.

The answer has to be Garland. For years we have been frustrated with this guy and he had been demoted to 5th starter. Sox fans probably would have put up with the same stuff he had been giving us this year because at least he was better than the 5th starters of years past, but nobody expected him to be REAL good this year. Very, very impressive.

I agree 100%

mweflen
06-17-2005, 02:40 PM

Ditto.

Buehrle_Man56
06-17-2005, 02:45 PM
Close between Iguchi and Garland...I voted Garland. Garland has been very impressive...early..hes starting to show his real self now...I still think he'll turn it around and do what he did earlier this year..
GO SOX.

PAPChiSox729
06-17-2005, 02:47 PM
I chose 'Other'. Garland has been very impressive so far this season. But, despite his last outing, Jose Contreras has impressed me the most. I never thought that he would get things together like he has. Maybe it is Cooper, maybe it is El Duque, but something made him click. Jose Contreras has pitched incredibly well this year.

WhiteSoxFan84
06-17-2005, 02:55 PM
As the poll indicates, Garland by a LANDSLIDE. None of the other guys mentioned are doing anything spectacular. Yes, they all are having good seasons, but none of them are the fifth starter and leading the league in wins.

Madvora
06-17-2005, 02:57 PM
I chose 'Other'. Garland has been very impressive so far this season. But, despite his last outing, Jose Contreras has impressed me the most. I never thought that he would get things together like he has. Maybe it is Cooper, maybe it is El Duque, but something made him click. Jose Contreras has pitched incredibly well this year.
That's the thing about Contreras though. We've seen both sides of him this year. He has looked good, but he did get hit around bad last time out. Garland seems to be in complete control all season so far. I don't have that confident feeling in Contreras, even when he was going good.

Straingage
06-17-2005, 03:06 PM
Without a doubt, the funnest guy to watch on the field is Podsednik he turns a walk or single into a double almost every time. I trully believe without him we would be looking up at the Twins regardless of our pitching.

nebraskasox
06-17-2005, 03:09 PM
The poll can be interpreted several ways since players can impress for a number of reasons: surprise (Garland), consistency (Buehrle), overall excellence (Buehrle, Iguchi), filling a needed void (Hermanson, Podsednik), excitement (Podsednik), etc. All these guys have been impressive this year along with Politte, Cotts, Rowand, Garcia, AJ and others.

I voted Buehrle because what impresses me most about him is his consistent high level of performance that he has exceeded so far this year. Never winning fewer than 14 games as a starter and as many as 19, his string of consecutive 6+ inning starts, always a leader in IP. This year he is 7-1, 2.91 vs. career stats of 76-46, 3.68. This could be his best year ever. If we can score a few more runs when he pitches, some of those NDs become Ws and he makes another run at a 20 win season. I am most comfortable about our pitching when he is on the mound. The rest of the baseball world is finally starting to notice how good this guy is.

Frater Perdurabo
06-17-2005, 03:09 PM
Paul Konerko's mouth.

Seriously, I have to go with Jon Garland.

soxfanreggie
06-17-2005, 05:05 PM
Definitely Jon Garland. I was figuring Iguchi could be a .290-.300 hitter and a decent glove. He was a stud in Japan, so I figured some of that would carry over. Buehrle, I'm used to his success. He should win a Cy Young one of these years. If the Sox would hold onto his leads, he'd be like 10-2.

Garland, we know he's had the tools to get it done; he finally has the right mindset. Gotta love what he's done. He should most likely be an all-star barring a collapse.

yoester
06-17-2005, 05:54 PM
Was going to say Garland, but he has not been sharp lately.

I'm going with the hot Neal Cotts.

I'm surprised Contreras was not a choice.