PDA

View Full Version : Brooks Boyer just on WGN Morning News

whtsx1959
06-17-2005, 08:42 AM
Brooks Boyer appeared on the WGN Morning News; he was wearing a 1959 jersey and hat.

They asked him about the attendance(from WSJ) and about the surrounding neighborhood.

He said they don't look at the Cubs attendance (brought up by Larry), but he compares it to last year and other teams in the central division.

He said that they're between an expressway and railroad tracks, but fans can tailgate, and the area is developing, and soon once more people live in the area, the restaurants (he called it reatail) will follow.

Madvora
06-17-2005, 09:05 AM
I don't give a crap about any more attendance talk.

How did the uniforms look?

whtsx1959
06-17-2005, 09:12 AM
He was wearing it over a yellow shirt.

It was pretty awesome, but the white was looking like it was from 1959 (as in off white), it was either the shirt showing through or the was its supposed to be.

irish rover
06-17-2005, 09:20 AM
I believe that is suppose to be how they look

MUScholar21
06-17-2005, 12:53 PM
He was wearing it over a yellow shirt.

It was pretty awesome, but the white was looking like it was from 1959 (as in off white), it was either the shirt showing through or the was its supposed to be.

They are supposed to be an off-white

Irishsox1
06-17-2005, 01:12 PM
WGN is owned by the Tribune Corporation, so I'm amazed that he even got on the show, but not amazed by the line of questions.

anewman35
06-17-2005, 02:34 PM
WGN is owned by the Tribune Corporation, so I'm amazed that he even got on the show, but not amazed by the line of questions.

People act like WGN is overwhelmingly biased, and I just don't think that's true. I mean, I'm not denying there might be some bias (like there is on all the stations), but don't forget, they SHOW plenty of White Sox games, so they do have some interest in promoting them.

SOXPHILE
06-17-2005, 02:54 PM
I'm surprised they didn't ask him questions like:

"So Brooks, it says here you're PR director for the White Sox ? Hey, we had another team called the Sox in here last weekend to play the Cubbies. It was a historic matchup. Did you catch any of it ?"

"Now, what's it like playing in a stadium like U.S. Cellular ? We hear it's in a very dangerous part of town, and it's a very sterile ballpark, whereas the Cubbies play in the friendly confines, which is of course, a baseball shrine, has the best fans anywhere, and is in an outstanding, fun filled neighborhood."

"Now Brooks, the Cubbies always sell out, but the White Sox only draw a couple of hundred people per game. What new promotions are you guys gonna have to try and get more people out there to try and at least come close to what the Cubs draw ? Larry & Robyn were thinking you guys could have something like "American Girl Day", or "Beanie Baby Day", or maybe have C list celebraties like that runnaway bride girl, or Gary Coleman sing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame". They have that tradition at Wrigley you know. It was started by Harry Carry up there a LONG time ago, and now everybody copies it."