PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing Kansas City Royals of Missouri

kojak
06-17-2005, 02:25 AM
are the only team in history to complete a 3-game sweep of the Yankees and Dodgers in the same season.

And they are 11-4 under new manager Buddy Bell...

Who'd a thunk it?

skobabe8
06-17-2005, 02:28 AM
are the only team in history to complete a 3-game sweep of the Yankees and Dodgers in the same season.

Who'd a thunk it?

Look out Detroit! Boy would Maggs be pissed!

samram
06-17-2005, 07:40 AM

Who'd a thunk it?

Dodgers- bad. If you're a good hitter looking to become fantastically mediocre, make your way to Chavez Ravine.

Viva Medias B's
06-17-2005, 07:48 AM
I hope the Royals cool off by Monday night.

Madvora
06-17-2005, 10:11 AM

I heard about that stat this morning. This is just another one of those stats they can make up to try to impress people, like "this guy is the only player to hit over .300 and have 15 doubles in May with no triples in his career and only 5 walks in August."
First of all, how many teams have played both the Yankees and Dodgers both in the same season? Interleague play started in 1997. That's not a long history.
It's a fluke stat that had to happen sooner or later.

kojak
06-17-2005, 01:57 PM
I heard about that stat this morning. This is just another one of those stats they can make up to try to impress people, like "this guy is the only player to hit over .300 and have 15 doubles in May with no triples in his career and only 5 walks in August."
First of all, how many teams have played both the Yankees and Dodgers both in the same season? Interleague play started in 1997. That's not a long history.

I don't disagree with you, but in my *unOfficial* role of Chief Trivialist it is my job- nay, duty to point out meaningless, infinitesimal data bits for digestion and eventual projectile vomiting.

And yes, that is the actual job desription...

Cowhead418
06-17-2005, 02:28 PM
Even so. It's still really impressive that the Royals swept both those teams. Say whatever you want about how bad the Yankees and Dodgers are this year, but it's not like we're talking about the White Sox completing this feat, we're talking about the KANSAS CITY ROYALS. They are arguably the worst team in baseball. I'm amazed at how well Buddy Bell has managed them so far.

Madvora
06-17-2005, 02:36 PM
but it's not like we're talking about the White Sox completing this feat, we're talking about the KANSAS CITY ROYALS.

The Sox will start working on matching that feat tonight!

doublem23
06-17-2005, 02:37 PM
That's really not that amazing, since you couldn't play the Dodgers and Yankees in a 3-game series each before 1997, and even then, only what? Roughly 1/3 of all the teams in the MLB even played both anyways (the division in the NL that plays the AL East and the division in the AL that plays the NL West).

:dunno:

I'm more impressed they pulled that winning percentage up over the ol' .300 mark.

wdelaney72
06-17-2005, 02:58 PM
Mods,

Please install a method of having teal font in Thread Titles.

The Amazing Kansas City Royals of Missouri

Foulke You
06-18-2005, 01:00 PM
I hope the Royals cool off by Monday night.
I was thinking the same thing. They get hot just in time to play us...it figures.

kojak
06-22-2005, 04:17 PM
The White Sox are the first team in baseball history to sweep a team that has swept the Yankees and Dodgers in the same season! :tongue:

mccoydp
06-22-2005, 04:30 PM
How about the Sox sweeping them three series this year!

If you try to apply a mathematical law to this whole situation:

(KC sweeps NYY & LAD) * (CWS sweeps KC & LAD)=(CWS sweeps NYY) (??)

Check my math. :D:

cleanwsox
06-23-2005, 02:58 PM
How about the Sox sweeping them three series this year!

If you try to apply a mathematical law to this whole situation:

(KC sweeps NYY & LAD) * (CWS sweeps KC & LAD)=(CWS sweeps NYY) (??)

Check my math. :D:

We have computers to figure that crap out.

But if we took the Sox record and the Royals record into consideration and divided it by the strength of schedule ................:cool:

Norberto7
06-24-2005, 01:03 AM
The White Sox are the first team in baseball history to sweep a team that has swept the Yankees and Dodgers in the same season! :tongue:

:thumbsup:

DumpJerry
06-24-2005, 01:18 AM
...............and sweep the Dodhers and sweep the Spanks twice this year and K.C. three more times. The only team in the history of civilization to accomplish this feat in one season!:D: