PDA

View Full Version : wsox - braves whatyou think

clee-hegone
06-17-2005, 02:06 AM
this may sound crazy, and i didnt hear this anywhere but if atlanta keeps dropping, chances they will with hudson on the dl, and their wanting to unload salary would u consider a crede, mccarthy, diaz for chipper deal? and im talking either side atlanta or chisox.

ShoelessJoeS
06-17-2005, 02:12 AM
this may sound crazy, and i didnt hear this anywhere but if atlanta keeps dropping, chances they will with hudson on the dl, and their wanting to unload salary would u consider a crede, mccarthy, diaz for chipper deal? and im talking either side atlanta or chisox.
not a bad idea when hes healthy but i think BMac is untouchable by KW standards

BridgePortNative
06-17-2005, 02:13 AM
HELL NO

The guy is injured, who needs him?
Plus, Diaz is out and Mcarthy seems to be the future (hopefully)

Chisox003
06-17-2005, 02:14 AM
Chipper has a huge contract and is an injury waiting to happen, and B Mac is untouchable...

Next

doublem23
06-17-2005, 02:30 AM
Anthony Webster and Jeremy Reed were untouchable, too.

ShoelessJoeS
06-17-2005, 02:40 AM
great point now that i think about it...reed was the outfielder of the future and was dealt in the garcia deal. but i think it would take another huge big name aquistion like freddy to cause bmac's departure from chicago, but i think an ailing chipper is not the one

fquaye149
06-17-2005, 08:16 AM

jeremy reed had anderson and sweeney to spell him and his ceiling was relatively low.

pitching can never be spelled and mccarthy's ceiling is probably cy young.

Baby Fisk
06-17-2005, 08:21 AM
this may sound crazy,
A healthy third baseman plus BMAC for an injured third baseman? Yeah, that's kinda crazy... :?:

Usually WSI's armchair GMs come from the other direction, eg.: Timo Perez for Andruw Jones and prospects.