PDA

View Full Version : Nice Article on USCF/Wrigley

cburns
06-16-2005, 11:34 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-050616morrissey,1,4894876.column?coll=cs-home-utility

Morissey writes a nice column calling out Wrigley for what it is, a glorified beer garden, and says the Cell is the best ballpark in Chicago. About time someone mentions this stuff.

Viva Medias B's
06-16-2005, 11:38 PM
Job security must not be a priority for Morrissey.

fusillirob1983
06-16-2005, 11:51 PM
This article was nothing compared to the one he wrote to bash Wrigley last season. This one he was at least saying maybe he was crazy for sharing the same opinion as Carl Everett. He would have been gone last year if they got rid of people for bashing Wrigley.

Cubbiesuck13
06-17-2005, 12:22 AM
I am so glad he wrote this so we all know now.This entire article slams Carl because he voiced his oppinions. If you think that he had to bring Carl's comments into it because he couldn't bring up how great the Cell is without them then you are ignorant.

Anytime a writer really wants to compare the team's bullpens then maybe they should include how safe it is around the stadiums. What a novel idea! Maybe the stigma that SOX park has can finally be lifted.

SOX ADDICT '73
06-17-2005, 12:46 AM
This entire article slams Carl.
Seriously, this article is 10% Morissey regurgitating his old opinion on Wrigley, and 90% an opportunity to make fun of Carl Everett.

I don't care that he prefers USCF to the Urinal (duh), if Morissey is going to use Carl as a figurative punching bag, I'd like to see Carl turn him into an actual one.

TDog
06-17-2005, 12:55 AM
I am so glad he wrote this so we all know now.This entire article slams Carl because he voiced his oppinions. If you think that he had to bring Carl's comments into it because he couldn't bring up how great the Cell is without them then you are ignorant.

Anytime a writer really wants to compare the team's bullpens then maybe they should include how safe it is around the stadiums. What a novel idea! Maybe the stigma that SOX park has can finally be lifted.

I won't register so I can't access the Tribune story, but I read it on the Knight Ridder wire. It's a well-written piece. The writer isn't simply voicing his opinions about the stadium, but more effectively shows that other people in baseball hold the stadium in contempt. He makes the "Wrigley equals dump" equation seem like a sort of common knowledge. People who can't agree on anything else can agree that Wrigley Field is an overrated ballpark.

It's a nice, focused piece of writing. Bringing up how great the Cell is without using Carl's comments as the starting point (he dismisses any possibility that Old Comiskey was better than the Cell, by the way), might have sounded ignorant.

White Sox Josh
06-17-2005, 07:52 AM
Rick Morissey please report to the principals office!