PDA

View Full Version : Paging the Sox Army

maurice
06-16-2005, 04:59 PM
The Trib is running its annual "All-City Team" poll (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cs-050616allcitypollstory,1,4890313.htmlstory?coll=cs-whitesox-promo).

Catchers are up 1st, and AJ's got 49.1% of the vote so far.

:churrosarmy:

StillMissOzzie
06-16-2005, 05:02 PM
And Widger and Barrett were at appx 25% and 23%, respectively. Blanco pulling up the rear at 2%

SMO
:gulp:

RallyBowl
06-16-2005, 05:05 PM
Way to go, Juice! This one is easy- he has had a better season and a better career than the flubs catchers. He is the obvious choice, even to someone who knows squat about baseball (scrub fans) or squat about writing (tribsters).

Jurr
06-16-2005, 06:26 PM
Yeah. This one won't even need the army to step in and dominate. It's FAR too easy. Pitching and outfield will be the big wars.

chisoxfanatic
06-16-2005, 07:30 PM
It's great to see Widger leading both Cubs catchers...The Sox Army rules!!!

zach074
06-16-2005, 10:52 PM
Didn't we dominate this poll last year?

Kogs35
06-16-2005, 11:13 PM
Didn't we dominate this poll last year?

yeah i remeber the cubune crying cause we got to win all the voting except 1

Cubbiesuck13
06-16-2005, 11:30 PM
yeah i remeber the cubune crying cause we got to win all the voting except 1

hmm... well we just have to fix that now don't we? Third and first are the only legit problems.

Tadahito
06-17-2005, 03:00 AM
Cubs fans busting our automation software to get Barrett on AJ's heels. :angry:

:army

All you have to do is vote, close all open browser windows. Open browser, vote, close all windows. Repeat. :)

dcb33
06-17-2005, 03:03 AM
And Widger and Barrett were at appx 25% and 23%, respectively. Blanco pulling up the rear at 2%

SMO
:gulp:

Way to split the vote, Chris!:D:

It's pretty sad for Barrett if he can't even beat out a backup catcher who wasn't even in the big leagues going into the season...

Tadahito
06-17-2005, 03:04 AM
Who's the catcher on your All-City team?

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/images/standard/red.gif 36.6%
Michael Barrett, Cubs (1205 responses)

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/images/standard/red.gif 40.0%
A.J. Pierzynski, White Sox (1317 responses)

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/images/standard/red.gif 22.1%
Chris Widger, White Sox (728 responses)

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/images/standard/red.gif 1.3%
Henry Blanco, Cubs (43 responses)

3293 total responses

JoseCanseco6969
06-17-2005, 03:10 AM
barrett is closing fast, lets get a move on Sox Army!

pmck003
06-17-2005, 03:38 AM
A.J is only up by 32 votes

Tadahito
06-17-2005, 03:44 AM
AJ's been pased. :whiner:

bigfoot
06-17-2005, 05:27 AM

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/images/standard/red.gif 26.6%
Michael Barrett, Cubs (1602 responses)

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/images/standard/red.gif 43.8%
A.J. Pierzynski, White Sox (2644 responses)

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/images/standard/red.gif 28.9%
Chris Widger, White Sox (1743 responses)

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/images/standard/red.gif 0.7%
Henry Blanco, Cubs (44 responses)

6033 total responses

:supernana:

seanpmurphy
06-17-2005, 08:02 AM
Cubune: Sox Nation Overwhelms Poll; Clubhouse Cancer beats Lovable Loser with Bad Facial Hair Mike Barrett!

CubsSuckSoBad
06-17-2005, 08:11 AM
All-City catcher

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/images/standard/red.gif 26.4%
Michael Barrett, Cubs (1623 responses)

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/images/standard/red.gif 43.9%
A.J. Pierzynski, White Sox (2701 responses)

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/images/standard/red.gif 29.0%
Chris Widger, White Sox (1781 responses)

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/images/standard/red.gif 0.7%
Henry Blanco, Cubs (45 responses)

6150 total responses
We're representing well.....It's a no brainer:bandance:

robiwho
06-17-2005, 08:22 AM
As if there's any other way to vote! GO AJ!

Cowhead418
06-17-2005, 10:14 AM
AJ won.:D: Should we really vote for Konerko? He doesn't deserve it but then again we should probably get as many Sox players in as we can.

daveeym
06-17-2005, 10:36 AM
Is this going to get stickied again this year? First basemen on tap now.

rdwj
06-17-2005, 10:38 AM
Konerko is KILLING Lee! :o:

That's pretty funny

mweflen
06-17-2005, 10:40 AM
I'm as die hard a Sox fan and Cub-hater as there is... but NO WAY would I take Konerko over Lee. I wishe they'd trade him to us right now!

Cowhead418
06-17-2005, 10:42 AM
I'm as die hard a Sox fan and Cub-hater as there is... but NO WAY would I take Konerko over Lee. I wishe they'd trade him to us right now!
I was unsure of whether or not I should vote the undeserving Konerko over Lee but when I saw Konerko was killing Lee I thought it would be pretty funny to have Konerko win the battle.

PatK
06-17-2005, 10:44 AM

I got to agree.

Because if Paulie does take it, the Cubune will cry that it's "those unemployed loser Sox fans" jacking the poll.

Cowhead418
06-17-2005, 10:47 AM
I got to agree.

Because if Paulie does take it, the Cubune will cry that it's "those unemployed loser Sox fans" jacking the poll.
Yeah you're right. So should we vote for Lee or just not vote and let the votes for Lee take care of themselves?

Sxy Mofo
06-17-2005, 10:54 AM
How is it 950 - PK to 38 D.Lee.

I'm not a PK hater, but D.Lee is playing better baseball right now.

That said, I couldn't vote for a cub in anything... 'cept a "worse of" poll.

shaunburnette
06-17-2005, 10:56 AM
How is Konerko up 1002 - 39 on DLee? someone has a pretty nasty script working but i am guessing the tribune catches on.

clogoodie
06-17-2005, 11:01 AM
I voted for Lee without hesitation...c'mon people, I understand wanting our Sox to represent, but I like to see valid results (what peope actually believe) when looking at polls like these. And if I'm building an All-City team right now, there's no way I'd take Konerko over Lee.

There are other position battles that are a closer call and we can throw our weight behind the Sox player in those.

Mickster
06-17-2005, 11:03 AM
I voted for Lee without hesitation...c'mon people, I understand wanting our Sox to represent, but I like to see valid results (what peope actually believe) when looking at polls like these. And if I'm building an All-City team right now, there's no way I'd take Konerko over Lee.

There are other position battles that are a closer call and we can throw our weight behind the Sox player in those.

I think you are completely missing the point here......:cool:

cleanwsox
06-17-2005, 11:12 AM

No thanks, It's the Cubune. If you want to build an All-City team, go write one up on paper.

clogoodie
06-17-2005, 11:36 AM
I think you are completely missing the point here......:cool:

Perhaps. Just commenting that when looking at the outcomes of polls, I like to see believable results and not results due to blind votes for one side or the other. It's similar to looking at the ASG voting and seeing how many people have voted for Garciaparra or Tino Martinez, although the Trib's poll has zero meaning or consequence.

Anyway, how long are these voting periods, when's Tadahito gonna be up?

Frater Perdurabo
06-17-2005, 11:41 AM
Didn't WSI orchestrate a campaign to get the Sox four starting pitchers voted on last year, but because one had to vote for five, they also picked the Cubs #5 starter - Glendon Rusch - over Prior, Wood, Zambrano and Maddux? Wasn't Rusch the only Cub to make it? LOL

ChicagoHoosier
06-17-2005, 11:49 AM
1B and 3B are the only positions the Sox shouldn't win, but both are clearly better on the northside.

Well, 3B offensively. All round player, I suppose it's closer.

Cowhead418
06-17-2005, 11:56 AM
1B and 3B are the only positions the Sox shouldn't win, but both are clearly better on the northside.

Well, 3B offensively. All round player, I suppose it's closer.
I'm more comfortable voting for Crede over Ramirez then I am for voting Konerko over Lee. It's because the gap between the Cubs and Sox 3B is far closer than the gap between the 1B.

JoseCanseco6969
06-17-2005, 12:07 PM
How can any of you vote for Lee??????? HES A FLUB!!! Since when do we vote on a deserving Flub to an all city team as biased sox fans?? You guys sure have gone off the deep end with regard to PK. I never thought id hear multiple SOX fans vote for a certain DLee to an ALL CITY team!

Sxy Mofo
06-17-2005, 12:11 PM
How can any of you vote for Lee??????? HES A FLUB!!! Since when do we vote on a deserving Flub to an all city team as biased sox fans?? You guys sure have gone off the deep end with regard to PK. I never thought id hear multiple SOX fans vote for a certain DLee to an ALL CITY team!

Exactly. Lee is better, but i'm not gonna vote for him.

Cowhead418
06-17-2005, 12:17 PM
I never voted for Lee. Lee may be much better than Konerko this year but I still voted for Konerko. I just said I felt a tiny bit uncomfortable doing it. BTW, how much is Konerko leading Lee now, I'm not registered to the site and don't feel like registering to read the poll results. I somehow was able to vote earlier but can't now.

steranim
06-17-2005, 12:21 PM
[QUOTE=ChicagoHoosier]1B and 3B are the only positions the Sox shouldn't win, but both are clearly better on the northside.
[QUOTE]

I just voted and Konvict is winning 91.1%

But I agree that Lee should take this.

Oh well, we'll take it!

PBRWarrior
06-17-2005, 12:24 PM
I just voted and Paulie is winning 93%. Only 80 people have voted for Lee.

Lip Man 1
06-17-2005, 12:24 PM
Did anyone notice this:

And if you need to contact us, send an e-mail to CTC-Sports@tribune.com (CTC-SPORTS@tribune.com).

Somehow I think someone, (nudge, nudge, wink, wink...)will be making some 'adjustments' to the voting when all is said and done.

Lip

FedEx227
06-17-2005, 12:40 PM
its not working for me, I don' tknow if its just my problem or someone else has it...

I vote, the popup comes up then says "Error: Page Not Found", just wondering if anyone else is getting this problem.

and c'mon guys, even as biased Sox fans if we vote Konerko we look like moronic Cub fans who barely watch baseball and only know about our hometeam...its blatantly obvious Lee is the better player, hell Lee would get my vote over any 1B in the league right now.

oeo
06-17-2005, 12:57 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/images/standard/red.gif 9.8%
Derrek Lee, Cubs (163 responses)

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/images/standard/red.gif 90.2%
Paul Konerko, White Sox (1496 responses)

I just saw that, that is indeed awesome.

Sxy Mofo
06-17-2005, 12:59 PM
and c'mon guys, even as biased Sox fans if we vote Konerko we look like moronic Cub fans who barely watch baseball and only know about our hometeam...its blatantly obvious Lee is the better player, hell Lee would get my vote over any 1B in the league right now.

Right now... but overall, I still take Pujols.

GoSoxGo!
06-17-2005, 01:12 PM
go sox baby!

itsjustinf
06-17-2005, 01:20 PM
11.4%
Derrek Lee, Cubs (208 responses)

88.6%
Paul Konerko, White Sox (1613 responses)

1821 total responses

soxfanreggie
06-17-2005, 01:23 PM
Looking back at the past teams, I'm definitely loving the 2002 team. Love seeing the Tribune having to publish all the Sox players rather than their own Cubs.

Cowhead418
06-17-2005, 01:23 PM
What I think is funny is that with the way the voting has gone so far you'd think Konerko and Lee had switched places in terms of the years they are having so far.

WhiteSoxFan84
06-17-2005, 01:49 PM
What I think is funny is that with the way the voting has gone so far you'd think Konerko and Lee had switched places in terms of the years they are having so far.

loooool, Konerko 90%, Lee 10%, looool

oh mannnn, i think we will never see these polls again. chicagosports.com already had it's theories on what was going on when they had their ncaa-style tournament a few months ago. now, they HAVE to know that somethings up.

watch for a comment that pretty much says, "we will no longer have these polls because white sox fans are raping our flawed voting system".

Frater Perdurabo
06-17-2005, 02:12 PM
Even though I'm among the staunchest Paulie-bashers on here, I still voted for him, just because he's a member of the White Sox.

:supernana:

cheeses_h_rice
06-17-2005, 02:14 PM
I voted for Lee for 1B.

Yeah, PK is a White Sox, but geez, c'mon; Lee is the NL MVP right now.

Frater Perdurabo
06-17-2005, 02:14 PM
I voted for Lee for 1B.

I just like to do my small part to help make the Cubune squirm.

Cowhead418
06-17-2005, 02:28 PM
Konerko: 3019 91.7%
Lee: 272 8.3 %

Cubbiesuck13
06-17-2005, 02:35 PM
loooool, Konerko 90%, Lee 10%, looool

oh mannnn, i think we will never see these polls again. chicagosports.com already had it's theories on what was going on when they had their ncaa-style tournament a few months ago. now, they HAVE to know that somethings up.

watch for a comment that pretty much says, "we will no longer have these polls because white sox fans are raping our flawed voting system".

I think someone e-mailed the chicagoports.com webmaster a few years ago asking about the results or something. The e-mailer didn't say he was a SOX fan and he posted the reply on here. The guy told him how to cheat and said they had problems with SOX fans doing it. I guess he was hoping he was a flub fan and would help even the score. I could be 100% wrong about this. Anyone remember?

The Wall
06-17-2005, 02:39 PM
How can you vote for Lee based on his numbers or anything? Its preposterous to even think of suggesting that over here.

Konerko has been a far better clutch hitter this year which makes him more valuable than Lee. Paulie may not have hits, but when he gets them, he makes them count towards the W and there have been quite a lot of those this year from his bat. Plus he is beginning to crush the ball again.

MUScholar21
06-17-2005, 02:43 PM
How can you vote for Lee based on his numbers or anything? Its preposterous to even think of suggesting that over here.

Konerko has been a far better clutch hitter this year which makes him more valuable than Lee. Paulie may not have hits, but when he gets them, he makes them count towards the W and there have been quite a lot of those this year from his bat. Plus he is beginning to crush the ball again.

Please refrain from sniffing glue before posting.

Kids, this is your brain on drugs.

Mickster
06-17-2005, 02:45 PM
Konerko has been a far better clutch hitter this year which makes him more valuable than Lee.

:o: :whistle:

Cowhead418
06-17-2005, 02:48 PM

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no. Sorry but PK's AVG with RISP is bad and there is no way Konerko has been more clutch than Lee. Lee has almost singlehandedly won the Flubs about 7 or 8 games. He has been FAR better than PK this year. There is no argument. OTOH, that still won't make me vote for him.:wink:

And lay off the :bong:

cheeses_h_rice
06-17-2005, 02:48 PM

Teal? :gulp:? White & black crack? :dtroll:?

What's your poison?

:rolleyes:

halfpricemonday
06-17-2005, 03:37 PM

There's a reason they call him GIDPK. It's not because of his clutch hitting.

tweek57
06-17-2005, 03:48 PM
Just to let you guys know, the Sox are going to win every position except for one. If it's set up the way we hope, Jose Macias will be the starting third baseman but that's assuming that they put Macias at third and not at short. So look for this team if all works out:

1B- Paul Konerko - White Sox
2B- Tadahito Iguchi - White Sox
3B- Jose Macias - Cubs
SS- Juan Uribe - White Sox
LF- Scott Podsednik - White Sox
CF- Aaron Rowand - White Sox
RF- Jermaine Dye - White Sox
C- AJ Pierzynski - White Sox
DH- Frank Thomas - White Sox
SP- Mark Buehrle - White Sox
SP- Jon Garland - White Sox
SP- Freddy Garcia - White Sox
SP- Orlando Hernandez - White Sox
SP- Jose Contreras - White Sox
RP- Cliff Pollitte - White Sox
RP- Neal Cotts - White Sox
CP- Dustin Hermanson" - White Sox
Man- Ozzie Guillen

soxfanreggie
06-17-2005, 03:52 PM
tweek,

Do they vote for that many positions? I thought it was just like the top 3 starters, or do they change the number of players each year?

tweek57
06-17-2005, 03:57 PM
tweek,

Do they vote for that many positions? I thought it was just like the top 3 starters, or do they change the number of players each year?
I honestly can't remember since we flooded the poll last year. But the Sox players will be voted in for all positions except for third (if Macias is on the ballot for third.)

MUScholar21
06-17-2005, 04:15 PM
I honestly can't remember since we flooded the poll last year. But the Sox players will be voted in for all positions except for third (if Macias is on the ballot for third.)

Why the hell would you think that Jose Macias would be at third, and not Aramis Ramirez?

Seriously, is there a joke going on with this that I'm not getting, or I haven't been let in on? Can someone explain this to me?

daveeym
06-17-2005, 04:36 PM
Lee has almost singlehandedly won the Flubs about 7 or 8 games. Aint that the truth. Not talking about game winning hits here, but being a one man wrecking crew. The cubs would be at least 8 games below .500 without him

FarWestChicago
06-17-2005, 04:44 PM
I voted for Lee for 1B.

Yeah, PK is a White Sox, but geez, c'mon; Lee is the NL MVP right now.Earth to chesses. Who cares how good Lee is? It doesn't matter if he makes Babe Ruth look like a bum. This is all about sticking it to the Cubune, as it has been for years. What's going on here? You're an old timer. Did you get a job with the Flubune or something?

:knue

Mr. Rice, I hope you think this corner office with two windows is good enough.

tweek57
06-17-2005, 11:50 PM
Why the hell would you think that Jose Macias would be at third, and not Aramis Ramirez?

Seriously, is there a joke going on with this that I'm not getting, or I haven't been let in on? Can someone explain this to me?
Usually they have a lot of the backup players on the poll at their respective positions. Thery're only doing backup catchers appearently this year so it will be all White Sox no Jose Macias.

SABRSox
06-18-2005, 12:04 AM
I noticed this in the message board section of the poll:

Editor's note: The bulk of the votes in these polls are coming from a single location, but we know that's possible. And fans from both teams have the same access. Plus, we won't muzzle people when no harm is being done. Hey, it's an Internet poll -- have some fun.
Submitted by: George Knue, ChicagoSports.com
4:56 PM CDT, Jun 17, 2005

Think he's referring to WSI???

SouthSide4Life
06-18-2005, 12:17 AM
TEST ON 2ND BASEMAN NOW!

SouthSide4Life
06-18-2005, 12:18 AM
oh man.... these results are nothing short of hilarious!:supernana:

tweek57
06-18-2005, 12:22 AM

Think he's referring to WSI???
He's talking about mine and a few others ISPs. They tracked about 8,000 or so votes back to my ISP. The Trib doesn't really seem to care that we've done this, the only ones complaining are pathetic Cubs fans.

chisoxfanatic
06-18-2005, 12:27 AM
TEST ON 2ND BASEMAN NOW!

Iguchi's basically already won this one...

oeo
06-18-2005, 12:30 AM
99.5%
Tadahito Iguchi, White Sox (4391 responses)

0.5%
Todd Walker, Cubs (20 responses)

I am literally laughing out loud...that's awesome.
:rolling:

chisoxfanatic
06-18-2005, 12:36 AM
They should also do an All City team considering players of the past...

Relief Pitcher:

Osuna
Alfonseca

FarWestChicago
06-18-2005, 02:01 AM

Think he's referring to WSI???Of course he is. George posts here from time to time. He's not a bad guy. I bet down deep he actually resents having to cowtow to his Flubune masters. :D:

tweek57
06-18-2005, 03:34 PM
Who's the second baseman on your All-City team?

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/images/standard/red.gif 98.9%
Tadahito Iguchi, White Sox (6238 responses)

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/images/standard/red.gif 1.1%
Todd Walker, Cubs (68 responses)

ouch. This is too much fun.

RallyBowl
06-18-2005, 04:09 PM
I voted for Lee for 1B.

Yeah, PK is a White Sox, but geez, c'mon; Lee is the NL MVP right now.How Dare You.

JoseCanseco6969
06-18-2005, 05:13 PM
I voted for Lee for 1B.

http://mrsolearysdubliner.com/Cubs_Blasphemy.jpg

SouthSide4Life
06-19-2005, 07:07 PM
http://mrsolearysdubliner.com/Cubs_Blasphemy.jpg:rolling::rolling::rolling:

kkappelk
06-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Why don't you guys waste your time voting over and over for Sox players to make it to the allstar game.

Palehose13
06-19-2005, 07:16 PM
Why don't you guys waste your time voting over and over for Sox players to make it to the allstar game.

I don't know how others are doing it (if they even are...), cause I can only vote once. However, by "paging the Sox Army" with 5000 members, it isn't unreasonable to think that you would get these results if most of us voted only once.

kkappelk
06-19-2005, 07:34 PM
It's certainly possible to vote more than once. Clear out your cookies, use a free proxy server, open up multiple free email accounts (or use fake)....

Lip Man 1
06-19-2005, 10:55 PM
Kaple:

Because the All Star Game is a farce. This is more important...the Cubbies!

Lip

SoxWillWin
06-20-2005, 01:03 PM
He's talking about mine and a few others ISPs. They tracked about 8,000 or so votes back to my ISP. The Trib doesn't really seem to care that we've done this, the only ones complaining are pathetic Cubs fans.

Cubs fans have just as much access, and ability to vote many times over, either they don't realize this, or thier too busy shopping on Ebay to care

cleanwsox
06-20-2005, 04:37 PM
Looks like they figured out how to do it. Dubois is making a run.

Tadahito
06-20-2005, 04:45 PM
Yikes, Pods is gonna get past by Dubois and then some. They finally figured it out.

cleanwsox
06-20-2005, 04:50 PM
Nevermind, our ballot stuffers are back LOL

Tadahito
06-20-2005, 04:57 PM
Nevermind, our ballot stuffers are back LOL
Haha - yeah I figured out how to stuff now.

Lip Man 1
06-20-2005, 05:18 PM
Seems the Cubbie fans are getting a mite ticked off...based on some of their comments.

LOL

They can't win either on or off the field.

Lip

Frater Perdurabo
06-20-2005, 05:26 PM
Actual comment on the Tribune All-City Team voting page:

The Sox have a much better chance of winning every position on the All-City team than they do of making the World Series. The season ain't over yet.
Submitted by: Paulie
5:21 PM CDT, Jun 20, 2005

Why does Konerko have to continue to run his mouth? :redneck

Cowhead418
06-23-2005, 02:11 PM
Dye lost!

SOXfnNlansing
06-23-2005, 04:25 PM
84543 votes so far........ 7070 total cub votes with Glenden Rusch leading cub starters with 6966 votes, but 5 top spots are for Sox pitchers :bandance: