PDA

View Full Version : Flub fans say the Darndest Things

BigHurtEm35
06-16-2005, 03:16 PM
In honor of the Crosstown classic and my hatred for the Flubs and their fans lack of baseball knowledge I am starting the "Flub fans say the Darndest Things" thread. Therefore, whats the dumbest thing, baseball wise, that a Cub fan has ever said to you?

I'll start...one day I was dragged to Wrigley, even though I don't mind getting drunk there and making fun of their team...and I was asked 2 of the most ridiculous baseball questions EVER. Note**these were asked by FANS** 1. "why do they keep referring to the warning track? Is that somewhere we shouldn't stand?" 2. "What happens to the base coaches when the team's don't want them any more...do they trade them between the other teams like players?"

No Teal needed here, but hysterical none the less

ShoelessJoeS
06-16-2005, 03:27 PM
"why do they keep referring to the warning track? Is that somewhere we shouldn't stand?" 2. "What happens to the base coaches when the team's don't want them any more...do they trade them between the other teams like players?"

warning track??? a shrine like wrigley doesnt have a warning track!

BigHurtEm35
06-16-2005, 04:11 PM
In honor of the Crosstown classic and my hatred for the Flubs and their fans lack of baseball knowledge I am starting the "Flub fans say the Darndest Things" thread. Therefore, whats the dumbest thing, baseball wise, that a Cub fan has ever said to you?

I'll start...one day I was dragged to Wrigley, even though I don't mind getting drunk there and making fun of their team...and I was asked 2 of the most ridiculous baseball questions EVER. Note**these were asked by FANS** 1. "why do they keep referring to the warning track? Is that somewhere we shouldn't stand?" 2. "What happens to the base coaches when the team's don't want them any more...do they trade them between the other teams like players?"

PaleHoseGeorge
06-16-2005, 04:12 PM
In honor of the Crosstown classic and my hatred for the Flubs and their fans lack of baseball knowledge I am starting the "Flub fans say the Darndest Things" thread.

Hey dude, what's the score?

BigHurtEm35
06-16-2005, 04:18 PM
keeps moving my post here, not exactly sure why...?

CHISOXFAN13
06-16-2005, 04:23 PM
keeps moving my post here, not exactly sure why...?

Because it has nothing to do with the White Sox. Pretty simple, actually.

I want Mags back
06-16-2005, 04:37 PM
funny stary from yesterday. My mom is watching the flubs game, i unfortually was in the room eating. the Marlins hit the the 2 run homer , i sacastically say ,"oh darn, that sucks" or something. All of a sudden my mom starts cheering. I say what happend. She said "look how far the guy through the ball back'. I then said " Scoreboard(2-0 FLA)". Man i hate cubsw fans

DumpJerry
06-16-2005, 05:17 PM
My mom is watching the flubs game, i unfortually was in the room eating.
how can you stomach food while watching that stuff????

SOXSINCE'70
06-16-2005, 07:22 PM

These may be the same people who wonder why the "baskets" exist
at the Urinal shrine.Tell them the truth;the baskets are there to keep
the alcoholics from falling onto the field after they've had
12 too many beers.:D: :D:

RallyBowl
06-16-2005, 07:38 PM
funny stary from yesterday. My mom is watching the flubs game, i unfortually was in the room eating. the Marlins hit the the 2 run homer , i sacastically say ,"oh darn, that sucks" or something. All of a sudden my mom starts cheering. I say what happend. She said "look how far the guy through the ball back'. I then said " Scoreboard(2-0 FLA)". Man i hate cubsw fansHatin' on your mom for cheering on the red and blue? Awesome. Now just change your user name and were all good.

I want Mags back
06-16-2005, 09:06 PM
Hatin' on your mom for cheering on the red and blue? Awesome. Now just change your user name and were all good.

mods wont let me. I hope my sig is working

EDIT; Im see it has been taken off ,ill go fix that

EDIT # 2: its back

MAGS SUCKS

VA_GoGoSox
06-16-2005, 09:38 PM
chubs fan about a week ago: "We're leading the wildcard!"

If the Sox were in the same position at this time in the season, I wouldn't even know where we were in the wildcard race. It's not that I wouldn't know who has good records in the american league, it's just that I wouldn't even think about it.

These people are amazing. It's like they now have an extra step before "wait 'til next year" and it's "we've still got the wildcard".

Thank God/Jesus/Allah/Buddha/The Great Spirit/Vishnu/Zeus/Thor that I am a Sox fan.

C-Dawg
06-16-2005, 10:12 PM
chubs fan about a week ago: "We're leading the wildcard!"

Yeah they were leading the wild card race last year too until the Mets, Cincinnati, and Atlanta handed the Cubs 8 losses in their last 10 games....

Speaking of moms.... A few weeks ago my mom was at Target and overheard a customer complaining about how or why "the Cubs got rid of Matt Clement". I guess he was driven out of town like Greg Maddux was back in 1992.

BridgePortNative
06-16-2005, 10:21 PM
arguing with a classmate, I was trying to figure out why he things the Cubs are best and the Sox are terrible, he ended up with "We got Sammy and Alou hittting the homers."

This was in May!

SOXPHILE
06-16-2005, 10:29 PM
One of the funniest things was last year, I believe, when Illinois' 1st Cub Fan, Gov. Rod Blogo, was at what I believe was a governers meeting with the President, who used to be a majority owner of the Texas Rangers. He said something to the effect of "thanks for trading Sammy Sosa to the Cubs". Uhhh...Rod ? The Rangers traded Sosa to the WHITE SOX for Harold Baines. Later, he was traded to the Cubs for George Bell.

Cubbiesuck13
06-16-2005, 10:32 PM
Me: You got a light?
Idiot in a bar in Rotterdam: Here
-hands me flub zippo-
Me: Your a flub fan? I knew there was a reason I didn't like you. No thanks, I don't use crap like that.
-hands back his zippo unused-
Flubbie idiot in a bar in Rotterdam: Hey, no one can accuse me of rooting for a front runner!
Me: You will always be right about that. Hey, and no one can accuse you of being smart either!

whtsx1959
06-17-2005, 08:59 AM
It was at a Cubs/Sox game a few years ago

"They sing take me out to the ballgame here, there such copycats"

TornLabrum
06-17-2005, 09:21 AM
It was at a Cubs/Sox game a few years ago

"They sing take me out to the ballgame here, there such copycats"

Very close to the guy sitting a few seats over from me in the next section at a Cubs/Sox game who said, "Yeah...real original!"

maurice
06-17-2005, 01:51 PM
Tell them the truth;the baskets are there to keep
the alcoholics from falling onto the field after they've had
12 too many beers.

Why the teal?
:?:

hsnterprize
06-17-2005, 10:19 PM
I was walking in Oak Park when I stopped in a flower store. I was wearing my Sox cap, and there was a teenage couple working behind the counter...the guy was trying to sell me a bouquet of flowers "for a Sox fan?". I thought that was cute, but his girlfriend gave me a somewhat smug look in telling me, "I'm a Cubs fan...I don't like the Sox." I asked her why? Brace yourself if you're eating anything...I'm not going to be held responsible if you choke.

She said, "I like blue." "Oh...it's the color thing, huh?" I replied. And what's even funnier is that she playfully slapped her boyfriend on his shoulder saying, "You never take me to a Sox game." Both the guy and me said in unison, "That's because you're a Cub fan."

After she uttered the "blue" line, I could've gone into the "1st place, best record in baseball" act, but I decided to play along her lines. I told her that there was a time when the Sox had blue in their uniforms. In fact, the Sox will be wearing some blue this weekend when they play the L.A. Dodgers at U.S. Cellular Field...they're wearing replicas of their 1959 uniforms when they and the Dodgers met in the World Series. I also said you'd like going to a Sox game, and don't believe they hype you hear from all the naysayers about how "bad" the place and surrounding neighborhood is. See it for yourself, and you're gonna like it.

The moral of this story is...if it's color they want, give 'em a taste of Sox colors. They might actually figure out that silver and black ain't too bad of a color scheme.

Cubbiesuck13
06-17-2005, 10:35 PM
I was walking in Oak Park when I stopped in a flower store. I was wearing my Sox cap, and there was a teenage couple working behind the counter...the guy was trying to sell me a bouquet of flowers "for a Sox fan?". I thought that was cute, but his girlfriend gave me a somewhat smug look in telling me, "I'm a Cubs fan...I don't like the Sox." I asked her why? Brace yourself if you're eating anything...I'm not going to be held responsible if you choke.

She said, "I like blue." "Oh...it's the color thing, huh?" I replied. And what's even funnier is that she playfully slapped her boyfriend on his shoulder saying, "You never take me to a Sox game." Both the guy and me said in unison, "That's because you're a Cub fan."

After she uttered the "blue" line, I could've gone into the "1st place, best record in baseball" act, but I decided to play along her lines. I told her that there was a time when the Sox had blue in their uniforms. In fact, the Sox will be wearing some blue this weekend when they play the L.A. Dodgers at U.S. Cellular Field...they're wearing replicas of their 1959 uniforms when they and the Dodgers met in the World Series. I also said you'd like going to a Sox game, and don't believe they hype you hear from all the naysayers about how "bad" the place and surrounding neighborhood is. See it for yourself, and you're gonna like it.

The moral of this story is...if it's color they want, give 'em a taste of Sox colors. They might actually figure out that silver and black ain't too bad of a color scheme.

The color excuse is classic. When I got to my first command I had to stand a quarterdeck watch (you let people on and off the ship) when this guy is leaving wearing all sorts of Flubbie garbage, A hat, jersey and shorts. I said the guy "You can't leave like that, you look like an idiot" and he just looked at me puzzled. Finally I said "I am a Sox fan" and he still looked puzzled so I continued, "Sox fans don't like Cub fans". Then he said that he doesn't like the Cubs and he doesn't even like baseball but the colors look good. Well needless to say I had to dissagree but he didn't listen.

Nellie_Fox
06-18-2005, 12:15 AM
I told her that there was a time when the Sox had blue in their uniforms. In fact, the Sox will be wearing some blue this weekend when they play the L.A. Dodgers at U.S. Cellular Field...they're wearing replicas of their 1959 uniforms when they and the Dodgers met in the World Series.The '59 uniform was cream colored, with black on red logo and numbers. The main color was black from '49 to '61, when it changed to Navy blue. So, there will be no blue in the Sox uniforms this weekend.

C-Dawg
06-18-2005, 12:50 AM
Then he said that he doesn't like the Cubs and he doesn't even like baseball but the colors look good.

Ugghh. Why anyone likes the Cubs colors with that terribly dull medium blue is beyond me. They can't even use the argument that its the colors of the American flag, because the blue on the flag is much darker.

Foulke You
06-18-2005, 11:49 AM
I overheard three Cub fans on the L (all dressed in Cubbie blue) say that Sox Park is at the corner of 35th and Ashland.

Only about a mile off, but hey, at least its the same neighborhood right.:D:

hsnterprize
06-18-2005, 11:52 AM
The '59 uniform was cream colored, with black on red logo and numbers. The main color was black from '49 to '61, when it changed to Navy blue. So, there will be no blue in the Sox uniforms this weekend.Oops...my bad. Gotta get these glasses checked. :D: :D: :D:

ThatGuyOnTheL
06-18-2005, 04:17 PM
I overheard three Cub fans on the L (all dressed in Cubbie blue) say that Sox Park is at the corner of 35th and Ashland.

Only about a mile off, but hey, at least its the same neighborhood right.:D:

I'm impressed that they could even think of an intersection on the South Side.

chisoxfanatic
06-18-2005, 05:26 PM
Back in college, I was at a friend's apartment watching a Bears game. After the Bears game, we all started talking, and this girl claimed to be a huge Cubs fan. This happened to be three years ago, and I did one of the first things any Sox fan would do...I asked her to name five players on the Cubs. After naming Sosa, she proceeded to state that MARK GRACE played for the Cubs!

"Mark Grace left the Cubs two years ago!" I told her. Cub fans are dumbasses like that!!!