PDA

View Full Version : Trade Carl or Frank?

lths06
06-16-2005, 03:45 PM
Shouls we trade Carl or Frank, or keep both (somewhat) unhappy with not being the starting DH? I think we all know that Frank, espically, isn't going to like being benched every other game with his contract ending after this year.

ShoelessJoeS
06-16-2005, 04:00 PM
first off, whoever chose trade frank is an idiot. secondly, the correct answer is keep both. carl is far too valuable for this team and has been extremely hot lately. carl can play dh whenever thomas needs a day off and can fill in for pods or dye when they need to rest. without carl we have timo as our backup outfielder and that is a scary site. at the beginning of the season carls role was to be the dh until thomas was healthy enough to come back and thats not proven yet with all his strains and cramps or whatever. the fact is that its great to have two solid dh's with one of them being able to play the outfield whenever hes called upon, and when hes called upon, he performs....KEEP BOTH!

MIgrenade
06-16-2005, 04:02 PM
Do people realize that Thomas has a no trade clause? All I'm saying is he isn't going to be traded to, for example, the Devil Rays, but somebody that's in a race. He won't be traded IMO.

doublem23
06-16-2005, 04:08 PM
There's no way you trade Frank, KW has insisted that Carl won't be moved unless he has an offer made to him too good to refuse.

Chisox003
06-16-2005, 04:12 PM
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????? ??

:threadsucks

kittle42
06-16-2005, 04:12 PM
Frank has a history of injuries. Carl has a history of injuries. You keep both. The last thing we need is Timo at DH every day.

Frater Perdurabo
06-16-2005, 04:14 PM
I voted to keep both unless Everett could be part of a package to bring a stud left-handed hitter like Todd Helton (plus cash) to the Sox, much as Randar previously has suggested, or in a package deal that vastly improves the team, such as adding a dominant starting pitcher that would push Contreras to the bullpen for the stretch run.

White Sox Josh
06-16-2005, 05:04 PM
:threadsucks

hold2dibber
06-16-2005, 05:26 PM
With Frank's health still a question mark, it would foolish to trade Everett (unless, of course, you're getting another quality hitter to take his place in return). And trading Frank would be an absurd idea because (a) Frank should retire a White Sox; (b) with his health status, you can't get equal value for him; (c) he can't be traded without his consent anyway. No brainer.

Buehrle_Man56
06-16-2005, 06:17 PM
Id keep both.

ChiSoxRowand
06-16-2005, 06:20 PM
We need to keep them both, because of their injury problems. There is also no way we will trade Frank. He can't play 1st so that eliminates half the teams anyway. Plus he makes a lot of money and has had some injury problems.

RKMeibalane
06-16-2005, 06:24 PM
This idea has already been beaten to death. Neither player should be traded. End of discussion.

RockyMtnSoxFan
06-16-2005, 06:26 PM
We need to keep them both, because of their injury problems. There is also no way we will trade Frank. He can't play 1st so that eliminates half the teams anyway. Plus he makes a lot of money and has had some injury problems.

Plus, he has a no-trade clause and seems to be interested in staying in Chicago. He has stated that he wants to come back next year, so he would probably veto any trade now.

wxkid23
06-16-2005, 06:43 PM
You really can't trade either IMO. Both are quality players this year despite age. Carl has taken on the roll of team leader pretty much and trading him could have effects on the clubhouse. Frank and Carl are both going to have to be a part of this year ending the way we all want it to.

beckett21
06-16-2005, 06:57 PM
With Frank's health still a question mark, it would foolish to trade Everett (unless, of course, you're getting another quality hitter to take his place in return). And trading Frank would be an absurd idea because (a) Frank should retire a White Sox; (b) with his health status, you can't get equal value for him; (c) he can't be traded without his consent anyway. No brainer.

This post is 100% correct.

The only way you trade Carl is if you are getting another quality bat in return which could also help you out defensively in some capacity. That is the only exception I can think of.

Frank stays. Period. But I definitely wouldn't toss out my insurance policy on him.

PAPChiSox729
06-16-2005, 07:06 PM
This was a pretty pointless poll. The answer is obvious, keep both. I don't need to explain my opinion since about 10 people already have. I can really tell today is an off-day.

RallyBowl
06-16-2005, 07:19 PM
Will the 2 morons who said trade Frank please stand up- and then sit your dumba***s right back down.

Jurr
06-16-2005, 07:21 PM
I think the poll is rather incomplete. There should be a choice to trade them both! Imagine what we could get for the two of 'em!

Honestly, offering the choice to trade them both makes about as much sense as any choice aside from keeping both of them.

Trade Carl? That looks acceptable right now, because we haven't seen what Frank's long term pounding on that navicular bone is going to do. We're in mid June, last time I heard.

Trade Frank? :kukoo: :smokin: I don't know what you're smoking, but it must be UNREAL!

Jurr
06-16-2005, 07:22 PM
Will the 2 morons who said trade Frank please stand up- and then sit your dumba***s right back down.
:dtroll: The only explanation, Rally.

Jjav829
06-16-2005, 07:29 PM
Where is the "trade both" option? Timo Perez needs more at-bats, damnit!

Jurr
06-16-2005, 07:30 PM
Where is the "trade both" option? Timo Perez needs more at-bats, damnit!
That's what I said! Glad to see that someone else sees the innacuracy of this poll!

RallyBowl
06-16-2005, 07:31 PM
I think the poll is rather incomplete. There should be a choice to trade them both! Imagine what we could get for the two of 'em!

Honestly, offering the choice to trade them both makes about as much sense as any choice aside from keeping both of them.

Trade Carl? That looks acceptable right now, because we haven't seen what Frank's long term pounding on that navicular bone is going to do. We're in mid June, last time I heard.

Trade Frank? :kukoo: :smokin: I don't know what you're smoking, but it must be UNREAL!Jurr, I like your style.

JB98
06-16-2005, 08:11 PM
This poll is very similar to a poll I saw on Chicagosports.com. The only difference is, this poll had an actual option for keeping both. The mediots at Cubune only gave two options: Trade Carl or trade Frank.

For some reason, the media have decided one or the other has to go. Probably because the writers like neither Carl nor Frank. The correct answer, of course, is keep both. Maybe I'm being a bit naive, but I think both of these guys are smart enough to know we have a chance to win a championship here, so they aren't going to rock the boat. Players on winning teams are more likely to accept a role. Players on losing teams, not so much.

Jjav829
06-16-2005, 08:13 PM
That's what I said! Glad to see that someone else sees the innacuracy of this poll!

Whoops. I didn't even see your post. Well, like they say, great minds think alike. :cool: