PDA

View Full Version : Yeah AL

iamkoza
06-16-2005, 03:24 PM
12-2 last night (wednesday)

CHISOXFAN13
06-16-2005, 03:27 PM
12-2 last night (wednesday)

I might be in the minority, but I tend to cheer for the NL teams, particulary those playing teams like Boston, Texas, Anaheim, NY and Minnesota for obvious reasons.

bartmanisgod
06-16-2005, 03:54 PM
I might be in the minority, but I tend to cheer for the NL teams, particulary those playing teams like Boston, Texas, Anaheim, NY and Minnesota for obvious reasons.

nope I'm with you

SOXPHILE
06-16-2005, 03:57 PM
Well, almost. I always root for the Cardinals, and have been rooting for the Giants the last couple of days and tonight (vs. Twins ).

elrod
06-16-2005, 04:26 PM
Nice that of the two AL losses, one was the Twins and the other was the Angels against the Nats.:smile:

SOXSINCE'70
06-16-2005, 04:41 PM

The Twinkies did their job.:D: :D:
:notwinks :twinslose

ShoelessJoeS
06-16-2005, 04:47 PM
the AL has just been dominating the NL the last decade or so. the only time ill root for an NL team is if theyre playing the twins or yankees, however the cardinals are becoming one of my favorite teams to watch...:cool:

CHISOXFAN13
06-16-2005, 04:49 PM
The Twinkies did their job.:D: :D:
:notwinks :twinslose

One more tonight would make me ecstatic.

BaseballTonyght
06-16-2005, 05:08 PM
I'm only rooting for the AL in the All-Popularity game... paving the Sox' way to home field advantage in the World Series.

I want Mags back
06-16-2005, 05:25 PM
nope I'm with you

me2. though i hate the flubs, i hate the red Sawks and yanks more right now

SOXSINCE'70
06-16-2005, 07:54 PM
One more tonight would make me ecstatic.

I'll drink to that.:gulp: :gulp:

ShoelessJoeS
06-16-2005, 08:27 PM
i hate the red Sawks and yanks more right now
i never had a problem with the red sox until last year (and this year) with all their publicity and that whole breaking the curse bull****. jealousy's a b**** aint it?

batmanZoSo
06-17-2005, 12:39 AM
AL pride, baby. Our team plays in the superior league and it shows with the All-Star game and the World Series historically.

It says a lot that the AL is winning because AL teams are at a distinct disadvantage when playing in NL parks. Take us for example, we don't get to use our best hitter. We also have pitchers who, unlike NL pitchers, have no clue how to bat or even lay down a bunt when they have to and managers in general aren't used to all the required moves that result from pitchers having to bat.

The NL is the wuss league. With that pitcher in there, you basically take two bats out of the lineup. The number 8 hitters gets nothing and then you just whiff the pitcher. Bam, just saved yourself three runs. Real baseball my ass.