PDA

View Full Version : What jerseys have you seen in stores lately?

Jurr
06-15-2005, 09:22 PM
When I come to Chicago every year, I try to get a jersey in the area. For those of you that live in the Chicago area, what jerseys have you seen with any regularity in stores?

I'm really looking to get either a Buehrle, a Pods, or a Pierzynski jersey. Anybody seen those at the stores or at Grandstand?

zach074
06-15-2005, 09:36 PM
When I come to Chicago every year, I try to get a jersey in the area. For those of you that live in the Chicago area, what jerseys have you seen with any regularity in stores?

I'm really looking to get either a Buehrle, a Pods, or a Pierzynski jersey. Anybody seen those at the stores or at Grandstand?

I have seen MB, Pods, and A.J. jerseys at Grandstands.

Jurr
06-15-2005, 09:52 PM
If they indeed ARE going vests this season, I'd love to find one of those.

SouthSide4Life
06-15-2005, 10:28 PM
If they indeed ARE going vests this season, I'd love to find one of those.i sure hope they dont. those look so dumb man

White Sox Josh
06-15-2005, 10:31 PM
Back in December, I was at CSN(Chicago Sports Novelty) looking for stuff: They had 2 White Sox jerseys (Ordonez and Lee) and 3 walls full of Cubs Jerseys alone. It was ridiculous.

Jurr
06-15-2005, 10:36 PM
i sure hope they dont. those look so dumb man
There's already a thread pretty much verifying that they are. It's not the worst look ever.

doublem23
06-16-2005, 02:34 AM
I hope they're going to the vests; very good look when not overdone (much like the black alternate top). They wore them sometimes in 2000, my favorite uniform ever.

Anyways, at the Champs (I think) in the HIP, I know I saw a rack of Konerko and Buehrle jerseys and I think I saw some for Garland, as well.

ChiSoxRowand
06-16-2005, 12:45 PM
Back in December, I was at CSN(Chicago Sports Novelty) looking for stuff: They had 2 White Sox jerseys (Ordonez and Lee) and 3 walls full of Cubs Jerseys alone. It was ridiculous.

I'm with you, here in Rockford I can only find Konerko jerseys. They have tons of Cubs stuff.

wdelaney72
06-16-2005, 01:43 PM
A Ron Karkovice jersey was in attendance on Tuesday 6/14.

bartmanisgod
06-23-2005, 03:52 PM
Can anybody help me out. Where exactly is Grandstand located
and do they have a website?

Thanks in advance

LVSoxFan
06-23-2005, 04:00 PM
Whatever you do don't expect to find anything good downtown--I work on Michigan Ave. and I can tell you that every sporting wear store around here is absolutely dominated by Cubs merchandise. It is absurd.

There's a few stores that might have the stray Sox jersey or crappy t-shirt. Somebody here help this guy out with where Grandstand is!

On the North Side where I live stores don't even carry Sox stuff, period.

zach074
06-23-2005, 04:07 PM
Can anybody help me out. Where exactly is Grandstand located
and do they have a website?

Thanks in advance

grandstandsox.com. It is just three blocks west of US Cellular Field on 35th Street.

alohafri
06-23-2005, 04:14 PM

In my area, most stores have tons of cub jerseys and a meager selection of Sox shirts. Either it means that there is more demand for cub stuff or there is NO demand for cub stuff. I think it may be the latter.

---Mrs. Aloha

scottjanssens
06-23-2005, 04:20 PM
A Ron Karkovice jersey was in attendance on Tuesday 6/14.

I saw a Grilli jersey in attendance on Monday.

Pasqua's Posers
06-23-2005, 04:24 PM
If they indeed ARE going vests this season, I'd love to find one of those.

I've got one-but I've never worn it. Perhaps with the high heat and humidity tomorrow, it might be time to bust it out. :bandance:

Pasqua's Posers
06-23-2005, 04:26 PM
I saw a Grilli jersey in attendance on Monday.

I've got a Jose Paniaugua jersey at home. Thinking of wearing it for Saturday's game...

chisoxfanatic
06-23-2005, 05:50 PM
I was at Grandstand two days ago and saw a Garland, Buehrle, Garcia, Hernandez, Rowand, and Crede jersey. I put an order in for an authentic Konerko.

C-Dawg
06-23-2005, 09:04 PM
I've got a Jose Paniaugua jersey at home. Thinking of wearing it for Saturday's game...

Were you at Opening Day? There was a thread about obscure jersey spottings, and yours was mentioned.