PDA

View Full Version : White Sox will miss Eric Gagne

Fenway
06-15-2005, 06:18 PM
http://tsn.ca/mlb/news_story.asp?id=128013

Kansas City, MO (Sports Network) - Los Angeles Dodgers closer Eric Gagne will likely be placed on the 15-day disabled list after an MRI revealed a partial tear of a ligament in his right elbow.
Gagne missed the first 35 games of the season with a similar injury.

The Dodgers officially listed the injury as a second-degree sprain of the right ulnar collateral ligament - by definition, a partial tear.

samram
06-15-2005, 06:56 PM
It could be that everyone for the rest of the season will miss Eric Gagne.

NonetheLoaiza
06-15-2005, 07:22 PM
Ya know, I absolutely hate to speculate on this kind of thing, but could any of his problems have to do with...cough...steroids? I just find it interesting, because he seemingly came out of nowhere to dominate the league...

Mr. White Sox
06-15-2005, 07:50 PM
Ya know, I absolutely hate to speculate on this kind of thing, but could any of his problems have to do with...cough...steroids? I just find it interesting, because he seemingly came out of nowhere to dominate the league...

I didn't even think about that possibility until my dad brought it up...it makes sense as a theory, but we shouldn't assume anything.

MHOUSE
06-15-2005, 10:23 PM
I've heard that a lot of steroid users might be relievers because they need the strength to pitch possibly 2-3 games in a row. It's all speculation and I would never assume anything about Gagne. In the few games he's pitched this season he had the same good stuff and got the job done. It just seems like a regular pitching injury.

zach074
06-15-2005, 10:33 PM
We are getting very lucky missing some of the best players in baseball, but its not like the Dodgers would even have a lead in the 9th

PAPChiSox729
06-15-2005, 10:35 PM
I've heard that a lot of steroid users might be relievers because they need the strength to pitch possibly 2-3 games in a row. It's all speculation and I would never assume anything about Gagne. In the few games he's pitched this season he had the same good stuff and got the job done. It just seems like a regular pitching injury.

Yeah, we will just have to wait and see. Getting back to the Sox, I am sure they won't miss him too much. Gange did kind of come out of nowhere pretty quickly. You hate to think about it, but steroids will always be looming overhead.

JackParkman
06-15-2005, 10:54 PM
I wouldn't say the Sox are going to miss him.

DickAllen72
06-15-2005, 10:59 PM
I know I won't miss him! :smile:

owensmouth
06-15-2005, 11:01 PM
I know I won't miss him! :smile:I was gonna say the same thing...

Matter of fact, I will: I will not miss him, not at all.

SouthSide4Life
06-15-2005, 11:14 PM
I was gonna say the same thing...

Matter of fact, I will: I will not miss him, not at all.Ditto:gulp:

SpartanSoxFan
06-15-2005, 11:22 PM
I'm soooo GLAD I wasted that high draft pick on him in fantasy baseball this season....:rolleyes:

That said, I'm relieved he won't be shutting us down this weekend...

elrod
06-16-2005, 01:05 AM
The Dodgers has a good start to the season this year without him in the pen. They have a lot of depth with Brazoban, who is a good closer. It was nice having Gagne shut down the Twins for us, though.

PicktoCLick72
06-16-2005, 01:32 AM
The Dodgers are gonna miss Ross Gload.

TaylorStSox
06-16-2005, 01:33 AM
We catch another break. I swear 90% of the breaks have gone our way all year. I love it.

21whitesoxway
06-16-2005, 01:48 AM
Gagne didn't come out of nowhere, he was a mediocre 'AAAA' starter who threw gas, and flourished when he was finally put in the pen.

SOXintheBURGH
06-16-2005, 07:53 AM
We all know those Canadian steroids are like moonshine. I got to witness him pitch two innings against the Pirates last year, it was something else. Seeing that dominance in person, my dad and I look at each other with a "***?!"

wxkid23
06-16-2005, 06:49 PM
To think we nearly traded for Gagne a few years back. I remember hearing about this a while back. I can't remember what the proposed trade was however, does anyone else?

Lip Man 1
06-16-2005, 09:11 PM
Gagne for Bob Howry according to the print edition of The Sporting News. I remember for a few weeks the Dodger beat reporter was talking about this possibility in the magazine. Ceasar Isturiz's name was also mentioned.

Lip

Kuzman
06-17-2005, 01:29 PM
I think hes afraid of The Cell. We all remember what happened the last time he was here.

PatK
06-17-2005, 02:45 PM

The benefit is more that he would recover quicker than get/stay strong.

owensmouth
06-17-2005, 05:17 PM
One of the LA writers has another take on his having "the same good stuff."
http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/la-sp-plaschke17jun17,1,5681277.column?coll=la-headlines-sports