PDA

View Full Version : been a long long time

raul12
11-15-2001, 08:32 PM
well, well, well...i am full of bad luck when it comes to baseball. here's my evidence:

Exhibit A - Any Sox Playoff "Run". When I finally start to get my hopes up that the Sox will finally do something (e.g., at least get to the World Series), they tank, either in the regular season or the playoffs. (Btw, I was proud of the way they at least put together a winning season after that woeful start....which brings me to Exhibit B.

Exhibit B - This year, after I stopped caring, but still following as much as I could with my insane schedule and oh so *****ty internet connection that times out every 5 minutes (finally getting something better next week), the Sox start to do well.

Exhibit C - I wanted the D-Backs to win oh so bad this post season. I watched games 3,4, and 5 with intensity, only to watch them fall in defeat. For Game 6, I was unable to see the game, and for Game 7, I was on the road. Hence, when I don't watch, they win. When I do, they lose.

I think this only applies to baseball b/c I saw the two bears comebacks, although I also watched the bears-packers game too. (but that wasn't bad luck, that was just *****ty play calling).

Anyways, it's good to be back for those who might remember me. My wife is still in school, so perhaps this will allow me to post some during the evening hours....as for during the work day--I'm in the consulting world now, where it's work, work, work. Sometimes I do miss being a student and working for the government.... :)

FarWestChicago
11-15-2001, 08:38 PM
Well look what the cat drug in... :)

Daver
11-15-2001, 08:39 PM
Welcome back Raul,and about the idiot thing in the sig,well I am still here,your not completely out of the woods on the idiot thing.

raul12
11-15-2001, 08:44 PM
who says you have to kill it first?

anyways, what's been going down so far in this offseason. I heard that we haven't excercised the option for d.wells. how about the rumor mill? I seem to recall this time last year, everyone and his mother was crying for pay-rod. anyways, like we all suspected, he'll be a great player on a perennial loser.

Daver
11-15-2001, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by raul12
who says you have to kill it first?

anyways, what's been going down so far in this offseason. I heard that we haven't excercised the option for d.wells. how about the rumor mill? I seem to recall this time last year, everyone and his mother was crying for pay-rod. anyways, like we all suspected, he'll be a great player on a perennial loser.

The rumour mill says that we may have opening day by the All-Star break if we are lucky.

But then again what the hell do I know?

raul12
11-15-2001, 08:53 PM
aahhh, yes. i have been trying my best to block that from my mind. damn mlb....why can't we all just get along?

i can understand canning montreal, but minnesota or florida? ***. for crying out loud, florida won a world series 4 years ago, and from what i've heard, they have one of the best pitching stockpiles on the farm in the majors. minnesota finished in second place this year. the only other team i think might be reasonably contracted is tampa bay. i'm probably preaching to the choir here, but it just ain't right.

if you disagree, please don't lay into me...i have feelings too. oh, the wife is home now...time to go be social. i promise i'll check in more often than previously.

Jerry_Manuel
11-15-2001, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by daver
The rumour mill says that we may have opening day by the All-Star break if we are lucky.

That would be nice.

WinningUgly!
11-16-2001, 09:09 AM
Welcome back stranger! Thank God you only got to see 3 World Series games!

moochpuppy
11-16-2001, 09:54 AM
Long time no see Raul. Good to see you back. I just came back out of the woodwork myself. It seems that no matter where life takes you, you always come back home.