View Full Version : Auction for Cubs-Sox Crosstown series

ramorgan1
06-15-2005, 12:11 PM
Just found this link:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/whitesoxauctions2/

i h8 ticketmaster

SoxFan78
06-15-2005, 01:34 PM
Does this money go to any charities or something? If not, thats pretty crappy.

I wonder if you bid on these tickets, if you have to pay the ticketbastard charges or not??

fox23
06-15-2005, 02:38 PM
Does this money go to any charities or something? If not, thats pretty crappy.

I wonder if you bid on these tickets, if you have to pay the ticketbastard charges or not??

Don't hold your breath thinking that ticketmaster is doing this for charity.

iamkoza
06-16-2005, 12:34 AM
If this money isnt going to charity, I really really have to question the white sox for authorizing this.... i really hope that they are giving any winning amount above face value to charity... oherwise, this is a d*ckmove

Terry21fg
06-16-2005, 08:20 AM
anyone notice how they threw in the autograph jersey/picture...they did this to hide the fact that they are scalping...say you bid $300 on 4 $30 tickets...they work around the law because you only paid $120 for the tickets (face value) and $180 for the autograph.

This is one huge scam...I hope nobody bids on this

SoxFan78
06-16-2005, 08:50 AM
This is one huge scam...I hope nobody bids on this

The sad thing is that people are bidding on these tickets. The cheapest tickets are the Upper Reserved. Face value $24. Low bid right now $90.

I hate Ticketmaster.

Jaffar
06-16-2005, 08:58 AM
Ticketmaster auctions are old news.

linky (http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/200309/msg00013.html)

It's too bad that is has come to this and shame on the White Sox organization for participating in this. I won't be going to any crosstown games due to the fact I couldn't afford any ticket plans or the scalped prices. Hopefully they'll sell the tickets to the public next year. I hope Brooks had nothing to do with this.

anewman35
06-16-2005, 09:26 AM
I hate Ticketmaster.

I can guarentee you that this has nothing to do with Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster didn't just decide "let's scalp some tickets!". If you really want to blame anybody, I'm sure it's the White Sox who deserve it. But, IMO, even they don't. So they're auctioning a few sets of tickets, so what? It's not as if they're auctioning ALL the tickets or anything (which is something I really believe some team will start doing one of these days). If you can't afford them, fine, just pretend they never sold them to begin with.

fox23
06-16-2005, 09:53 AM
I can guarentee you that this has nothing to do with Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster didn't just decide "let's scalp some tickets!". If you really want to blame anybody, I'm sure it's the White Sox who deserve it. But, IMO, even they don't. So they're auctioning a few sets of tickets, so what? It's not as if they're auctioning ALL the tickets or anything (which is something I really believe some team will start doing one of these days). If you can't afford them, fine, just pretend they never sold them to begin with.

I find this absolutely soulless (although thinking a corporation has a soul does seem quite silly). I think this is just as bad as the Cubs selling tickets to themselves and then scalping them.

And I do think its a big deal even if its only a few tickets because it does set a precedent. As far as I know, I don't think the Sox have done this before, please correct me if I'm wrong. But once you start something like this and make it seem okay, who's to stop you from doing it with more and more tickets, as you suggested, making it so only the richest fans can reasonably afford to go to the games?

anewman35
06-16-2005, 09:58 AM
But once you start something like this and make it seem okay, who's to stop you from doing it with more and more tickets, as you suggested, making it so only the richest fans can reasonably afford to go to the games?

Well, is this really so different from the trend of "prime" dates and "premier" dates and stuff? The better seats for the better games cost more. Even if they did an auction system, a upper deck seat for a Tuesday against KC isn't going to go for any more than it did before. They're just exploiting supply and demand. As to if it's right or not, that an opinion thing, I guess. As a fan, I don't like it, but as a holder of an econ degree, I have to say it's the right thing to do.

ewokpelts
06-16-2005, 10:17 AM
Ticketmaster auctions are old news.

linky (http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/200309/msg00013.html)

It's too bad that is has come to this and shame on the White Sox organization for participating in this. I won't be going to any crosstown games due to the fact I couldn't afford any ticket plans or the scalped prices. Hopefully they'll sell the tickets to the public next year. I hope Brooks had nothing to do with this.
He had EVERYTHING to do with this. No extra seats for st holders too.....
Gene