PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading from the 9-13 game plan

brewcrew/chisox
06-15-2005, 12:45 PM
FYI for those of you (like myself who wanted the chance to buy playoff tickets this year) that wanted to upgrade from the Ozzie to the Minoso plan. The Whitesox organization no longer offers the opportunity to buy Minoso tickets. They are all sold out (which I guess is a good thing).
:(:

Darn, i knew I should have paid for the extra four games when they were available early on in the year. I guess I'll have to stand in line with everyone else when the Sox go to the playoffs(no deep pink).

They do have 42 game plans still available though.

DumpJerry
06-15-2005, 12:50 PM
The upgrade is the other way: Minnie to Ozzie. I upgraded last month. My rep sent an email letting us with Minnie know that there was a deadline (May 27) for upgrading. When upgrading, I had to pick a May date.

Regarding playoff and WS tickets: where there's a will, there's a way. You can get them if you believe hard enough (and have enough cash).

ChicagoHoosier
06-15-2005, 01:21 PM
I'm going to go to well more than 13 games this year, so I wish I had upgraded from Minnie to Ozzie, but couldn't plan my schedule enough in advance. Too bad, because the feature you speak of above, which I will not mention until the time comes in fear of jinxing a good year, is something I would obviously be VERY interested in and will end up at 15-16 games this year.

Oh well. Let's hope I have to worry about it.

34 Inch Stick
06-15-2005, 01:37 PM
It's no loss. You will easily be able to buy/scalp Sox playoff tickets for the price of the 4 extra regular season games. The 9 and 13 game packages did not offer enough flexibility.

sox_fan_forever
06-15-2005, 03:34 PM
I really wanted to upgrade too, but my work schedule just made it too tough for me to pick out dates that far in advance.

Palehose13
06-15-2005, 04:19 PM
It's no loss. You will easily be able to buy/scalp Sox playoff tickets for the price of the 4 extra regular season games. The 9 and 13 game packages did not offer enough flexibility.

:?: I thought it was very flexible because you could pick your own dates instead of having them pre-set (like the 27 game plan). IIRC, the only restriction was 2 games/month (for the Ozzie plan) and the 13th game was anytime.

RockyMtnSoxFan
06-15-2005, 05:19 PM
Here's a question for those of you living in Chicago: how hard is it to get playoff tickets? Can I buy them online? I live in Colorado, but I am hoping to make the trip for the playoffs. I've never been to Chicago and don't know anyone who currently lives there, so I'm a bit worried that I will have a hard time getting tickets when the time comes.

DumpJerry
06-15-2005, 05:27 PM
Here's a question for those of you living in Chicago: how hard is it to get playoff tickets? Can I buy them online? I live in Colorado, but I am hoping to make the trip for the playoffs. I've never been to Chicago and don't know anyone who currently lives there, so I'm a bit worried that I will have a hard time getting tickets when the time comes.
I'm sure you will be able to do so. Ebay will probably have some.

chisoxmike
06-15-2005, 11:00 PM

In 2003 ( :angry: ), I bought them online. People also bought them in person. You can buy playoff tickets online all the time, they usually go on sale in mid-september if the team is in contention.