PDA

View Full Version : I'm a die hard sox fan...are you?

Shoeless_Jim
06-15-2005, 11:05 AM
In my family when we want to go to a white sox game it means driving 5 and a half hours there and back. I know it is really worth it to drive 5 there and see a game and then drive 5 back the same day. In fact we have done it to every game this year. A lot of my friends think it is crazy to waste a whole day doing that. But i disagree. What is your opinion?

TornLabrum
06-15-2005, 11:13 AM
In my family when we want to go to a white sox game it means driving 5 and a half hours there and back. I know it is really worth it to drive 5 there and see a game and then drive 5 back the same day. In fact we have done it to every game this year. A lot of my friends think it is crazy to waste a whole day doing that. But i disagree. What is your opinion?

As one who commutes 170 miles round trip every day, I don't think you're crazy. However, there are those who say I am.

mike squires
06-15-2005, 12:05 PM
If you did it on a regular basis, yes I think you were crazy. A road trip to see a baseball game once in awhile? Sounds like fun to me.

soxjs1134211342
06-15-2005, 12:19 PM
You're not crazy. I live in the city so I'm lucky, all I've got to do is take a 20 minute train ride to the park. But if I had to, I'd drive 5 hours. Nothing better in the summer than sitting at Comiskey on a warm night with a beer in one hand and a hot dog in the other.

miker
06-15-2005, 01:22 PM
Get new friends. I suggest you can make new ones on your next trip to a Sox game.

Norberto7
06-15-2005, 01:27 PM
A lot of my friends think it is crazy to waste a whole day doing that. But i disagree. What is your opinion?

I'm gonna have to go with crazy. 10 hour round trip every now and then, sure. Every game? Crazy.

JB98
06-15-2005, 02:13 PM
I'm gonna have to go with crazy. 10 hour round trip every now and then, sure. Every game? Crazy.

I'll vote for crazy as well, especially given the price of gas and parking. I go to about 20 games a year, and I just can't afford to plunk down over $300 a year on parking in addition to the price of tickets. It's Metra and CTA to the park for me from now on.

Realist
06-15-2005, 02:19 PM
Seems to me that I'd get a hotel room and stay in town for a few series rather than doing all that commuting every time. I can't think of anything that's within five hours of Chicago that I'd be hurrying back to every nite.

Nellie_Fox
06-16-2005, 01:21 AM
I'm coming down in about a month for a game, but no way in hell will I turn around and drive back that night. I've got a hotel room for the night before and the night of, and will drive back the day after.

PicktoCLick72
06-16-2005, 01:29 AM
I doubt there are going to be many people answering this post with no.

SoxFanTillDeath
06-16-2005, 09:55 AM
If you love your team, you do what it takes. I would totally do that a couple times a month. I don't think I could handle that much driving in one day, so I'd probably make a weekend of it by driving down Friday night, staying in a hotel, spending the day in Chicago, going to a game and heading home Sat. night. But, hey, who am I to curb your enthusiasm for the best team in baseball?

chisoxfanatic
06-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Let me see if I understand this correctly...You live in Columbus, Ohio, yet you've made it to every single home game this year and haven't stayed in town for any of the games, investing a good 14 or so hours a day in traffic/at the game?

That's unreal if that's the case!

skobabe8
06-16-2005, 12:24 PM
I quit my job, said bye to my family, and relocated to Phoenix last winter for spring training. Then in April I quit my job in Phoenix and moved back for the start of the regular season.

Sad
06-16-2005, 12:52 PM
I quit my job, said bye to my family, and relocated to Phoenix last winter for spring training. Then in April I quit my job in Phoenix and moved back for the start of the regular season.

You win! :o: :?: :(: :D:

skobabe8
06-17-2005, 01:54 AM
You win! :o: :?: :(: :D:

What do I win? :wired:

Hagan
06-17-2005, 03:00 AM
Why woudnt you just stay downtown for a series instead of driving there and back every game?

pmck003
06-17-2005, 04:48 AM
I really question the truth to your comment. If you had the time to commute that far for every game I would think that your family could stay in a hotel for a series. I would bet :dtroll: in a weird way. If I am wrong though, :redface: and more power to ya.

MsSoxVixen22
06-17-2005, 11:08 AM
I've been a hard core Sox fan since like 2000! I came across this site while I was surfing the net at work! I'm by no means jumping on the bandwagon! When not if the Sx win the division I'm getting everything...shirt hat whatever!

:winner

Jurr
06-17-2005, 11:12 AM
I've been a hard core Sox fan since like 2000! I came across this site while I was surfing the net at work! I'm by no means jumping on the bandwagon! When not if the Sx win the division I'm getting everything...shirt hat whatever!

:winner
:?: :?: :mad: :angry: :dtroll:

chisox
06-17-2005, 12:06 PM
i'm currently in buenos aires and i have watched every single sox game that has been broadcast on mlbtv.com this season...oh, wait, does that make me a die hard or just a really big loser?

SOXintheBURGH
06-17-2005, 09:31 PM
What do I win? :wired:

A dream date with one of the following:

A) :pods:

B) :timo:

C) :dustin:

D) :moron

tick53
06-18-2005, 12:53 AM
You have me beat . My round trip to 35th & Veeck is about 180 miles.
A trek which I look forward to making around 5 times per season. (My next
one is July 4th vs DRays).

Hagan
06-18-2005, 03:46 AM
Ill pick D and slip some hemlock in his drink

NWSox
06-18-2005, 04:04 AM
Let me see if I understand this correctly...You live in Columbus, Ohio, yet you've made it to every single home game this year and haven't stayed in town for any of the games, investing a good 14 or so hours a day in traffic/at the game?

That's unreal if that's the case!

I'm guessing that what Shoeless Jim meant was that when he has gone to games this year, he has done the round trip in one day.

If I'm wrong, well...I don't really want to know the rest of the story.

Shoeless_Jim
06-25-2005, 12:06 PM
when i said we do it for every game, i meant we make the drive there and back for every game-- not GO to every game. we've been to 5 this season, and have 3 or 4 more planned for sure. we've made it to about 5-8 games every season.

Bisco Stu
06-25-2005, 01:39 PM
I flown in from SF to watch them play...top that.

Bobby Thigpen
06-25-2005, 01:46 PM
I don't think its to crazy. I usually drive from 3 to 3 1/2 hours one way to every game i go to. Usually that's only about 5-8 a year, but everyone seems to think I'm nuts for doing it that often. I've been twice this year so far, with my next definite appearance July 20. I hope I can make it back before then though.