PDA

View Full Version : Bill Mueller could be traded to the White Sox

redandwhite
06-15-2005, 12:10 AM
I have been preaching this for over a month now on another White Sox message board, and today an article was written by Eric Wilbur (http://www.boston.com/sports/nesn/wilbur/sports_blog/blog/2005/06/13/youk_is_served/) preaching the same thing:Mueller would need to be dealt to a playoff contender in need of a veteran third baseman for the stretch, a team also willing to give up a valuable arm. Chicago and Los Angeles are two AL teams who could use an upgrade at third, with Joe Crede and Dallas McPherson respectively
So once again, Bill Mueller will be traded to the White Sox.

dcb33
06-15-2005, 12:20 AM
I have been preaching this for over a month now on another White Sox message board, and today an article was written by Eric Wilbur (http://www.boston.com/sports/nesn/wilbur/sports_blog/blog/2005/06/13/youk_is_served/) preaching the same thing:

Hey dude, What's the Score?

redandwhite
06-15-2005, 12:22 AM
Wrong place to post this im guessing? I'm new here. Sorry mod's, place in the right place as you wish.

redandwhite
06-15-2005, 12:32 AM
Thanks.

Banix12
06-15-2005, 01:33 AM
Interesting thought, though even if we trade for him I would probably want to keep Crede around at least till the end of the year as a backup. Mueller can hit but I'll never trust his knee. What's he on, his fifth operation?

I don't know what the Red Sox would want for him but he is definitely not worth a top tier prospect. One or two B-level prospects is the most I would give up for him.

NSSoxFan
06-15-2005, 01:38 AM
This is just another baseless rumor...

The only person I would want over Crede is Chavez. If that can't happen for a fair price, then forget about it. This team can win with Crede batting .250/20/70.

batmanZoSo
06-15-2005, 02:18 AM
I have been preaching this for over a month now on another White Sox message board, and today an article was written by Eric Wilbur (http://www.boston.com/sports/nesn/wilbur/sports_blog/blog/2005/06/13/youk_is_served/) preaching the same thing:

He will be traded to the Sox? Just because we need an upgrade at third? I don't know how Mueller's doing this year, but if we're going to replace Crede and lose defensively, it better be a big upgrade with the bat and not a marginal one as in the phantom Mueller trade.

Mr. White Sox
06-15-2005, 02:57 AM
This is just another baseless rumor...

The only person I would want over Crede is Chavez. If that can't happen for a fair price, then forget about it. This team can win with Crede batting .250/20/70.

Chavez is hurt, seemingly from constant unorthodox throws. http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050614&content_id=1089713&vkey=news_oak&fext=.jsp&c_id=oak

skobabe8
06-15-2005, 03:27 AM
Chavez is hurt, seemingly from constant unorthodox throws. http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050614&content_id=1089713&vkey=news_oak&fext=.jsp&c_id=oak

At least that lowers his trade value. Right Kenny?

Baby Fisk
06-15-2005, 07:37 AM
Is this ChiSoxTony redux?

Madvora
06-15-2005, 08:38 AM
This team can win with Crede batting .250/20/70.
Sure, the one small problem is getting Crede to hit a whopping .250

Flight #24
06-15-2005, 08:51 AM
Personally, I don't see the Sox as "willing to part with a valuable arm". Not unless someone thinks Vizcaino/Takatsu/Diaz count as "Valuable". I'd assume valuable means one of our starters or top 4 relievers, or posibly BMac/Gio. And none of those are moving for Bill Mueller.

MUScholar21
06-15-2005, 11:33 AM
This article is crap. The Angels are not giving up McPherson for an injury plagued player like Bill Mueller. They are hot on McPherson, and so is everyone else in MLB. He's a Top 100 prospect, and hes only leaving for one helluva trade.Does Bill Mueller qualify?

34 Inch Stick
06-15-2005, 12:42 PM
I stand by my suggestion of Desi Relaford. He is playing well and has had a significant number of games at 3rd, 2nd and SS during his career (as well as OF work). He is a veteran who is relatively inexpensive and should cost next to nothing to acquire.

shoota
06-15-2005, 12:53 PM
I remember watching Bill Mueller play with the Cubs in 2001. He's a gamer and would be a dream to acquire.

redandwhite
06-15-2005, 01:37 PM
This article is crap. The Angels are not giving up McPherson for an injury plagued player like Bill Mueller. They are hot on McPherson, and so is everyone else in MLB. He's a Top 100 prospect, and hes only leaving for one helluva trade.Does Bill Mueller qualify?
No where in the article does it suggest that Dallas McPherson would be traded for Bill Mueller. Let's get a clue here, come on...

whitesoxfan
06-15-2005, 03:33 PM
Mueller is a bit of an improvement over Crede. I wouldn't give BMac up to do it though, plus i don't really trust this article a whole lot. But I would like to see Mueller at 3B.

Madvora
06-15-2005, 03:57 PM
This is from the article...
But in all probability, the Angels and White Sox will be Boston's competitors for the AL wild card, so to do business with them at this stage of the season is rather counterproductive.
Pretty big detail here.

maurice
06-15-2005, 04:00 PM
in all probability, the Angels and White Sox will be Boston's competitors for the AL wild card

It's not "probable" that the team with the best record in baseball will be competing for the wildcard.

hose
06-15-2005, 04:01 PM
The Red Sox are going to be in the thick of things all the way down to the end, so no way in the world would they trade Mueller.

beck72
06-15-2005, 04:50 PM
I stand by my suggestion of Desi Relaford. He is playing well and has had a significant number of games at 3rd, 2nd and SS during his career (as well as OF work). He is a veteran who is relatively inexpensive and should cost next to nothing to acquire.

While Relaford isn't "sexy" he'd likely be a solid bench guy-esp as someone who could give both Uribe and Crede some days off.