PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Dark Cloud Party Thread for 6/14/05

Viva Medias B's
06-14-2005, 09:58 PM
Ugly.

SouthSide4Life
06-14-2005, 10:00 PM
I think the thread should be titled "The End Of The Universe" Thread....

FloridaSox
18-5 D-backs so far in this series...a sweep will really depress me.

Lip Man 1
This sucks. I guess they've hit a bad streak but Arizona isn't exactly world beaters are they?

Lip

PicktoCLick72
I can't wait to see what the dark clouds predict after today.

PAPChiSox729
Meh, just a bump in the road. Garland will get 'em tommorrow. Then, bring on them Dodgers!!

CubKilla
Absolutely brutal. The less I see of Vazquez, the better. This guy OWNS the White Sox.

Corlose 15
Anyone remember the last time El Duque gave up less than 4 runs in a start?:angry:

Cellview22
Forecast for tonight: Severe thunderstorms likely...beware, dark clouds everywhere!

NSSoxFan
06-14-2005, 10:01 PM
FOHF were out in full force in the chat tonight. I doubt this thread will be any different....

sigh...:rolleyes:

SouthSide4Life
I can't wait to see what the dark clouds predict after today.More like Fire and Brimstone

PAPChiSox729
Absolutely brutal. The less I see of Vazquez, the better. This guy OWNS the White Sox.

I don't think he pitched as well as he has before against us. Sure he threw a good game, but he wasn't as sharp this time, IMO.

FloridaSox
Marte not too sharp...is his arm still sore...if so, 15 days on DL to rest it might be good idea.

TaylorStSox
06-14-2005, 10:02 PM
18-5 D-backs so far in this series...a sweep will really depress me.

Poverty depresses me. Going to sleep without Heidu Klum by my side depresses me. Losing 2 games in a row doesn't. :whiner:

Too much Vasquez. Not enough pitching. I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

ChiWhiteSox1337
06-14-2005, 10:02 PM
Forecast for tonight: Severe thunderstorms likely...beware, dark clouds everywhere!
Even in the chat, it didn't even seem like a game was going on with all the idiots whining in it.

SouthSide4Life
06-14-2005, 10:03 PM
I officially dispise Viscain:angry:

Viva Medias B's
I don't think he pitched as well as he has before against us. Sure he threw a good game, but he wasn't as sharp this time, IMO.

He had help from behind the plate; just ask Hawk.

CubKilla
Not enough pitching.

Or offense

Corlose 15
06-14-2005, 10:04 PM
There's a difference between saying the Sox played have played like crap (which they have) and dark clouding things. Maybe the Sox should stop scoring early runs for El Duque since he can never hold a lead.

On the plus side its another solid outing for Shingo.

Viva Medias B's
This thread will be like Buffone and O'Bradovich after a Bears loss.

TaylorStSox
Or offense

We're not going to score alot of runs against Vasquez. The only way that we beat him is for our pitchers to step up and hold them to 2 or 3. They didn't. We lose. Get em tomorrow.

BlackHat91
06-14-2005, 10:05 PM
The SOX are gonna get swept. The seasons over. :whiner:

TaylorStSox
There's a difference between saying the Sox played have played like crap (which they have) and dark clouding things. Maybe the Sox should stop scoring early runs for El Duque since he can never hold a lead.

On the plus side its another solid outing for Shingo.

More +'s....

Uribe, Dye and Konerko look good with the bat.

PAPChiSox729

I don't know. He wasn't great, but Glaus did a nice job of hitting that single up the middle. He was on the right track, so I'm confident he will get back on it soon enough.

RedPinStripes
This week is a perfect example of why the Cubans drive me nuts. Hernandez looked unstoppable for an inning or 2. Had real nice movement and control. Then he falls apart. I'm not even getting into Contreras.

Can't win em' all, but I wish i could fell a little better about 2 spots in the rotation.

Rocklive99
06-14-2005, 10:06 PM
:chickenlittle

samram
We're so spoiled. They lose two games and suddenly everything that happened for the first 60 games doesn't count. Just relax. They do get to play again tomorrow. And like 97 times after that.

SouthSide4Life
Maybe the Sox should stop scoring early runs for El Duque since he can never hold a lead.

why is this in teal

Rocklive99
06-14-2005, 10:07 PM
This week is a perfect example of why the Cubans drive me nuts. Hernandez looked unstoppable for an inning or 2. Had real nice movement and control. Then he falls apart. I'm not even getting into Contreras.

Can't win em' all, but I wish i could fell a little better about 2 spots in the rotation.

It's almost like you get a better feeling when they struggle early, weird indeed!

Cellview22
06-14-2005, 10:07 PM
I'm glad Garland's on the hill tomorrow. With our rotation, it's hard to lose 3, or more, in a row. El Duque and Contreras will have their off days, they're not gonna be perfect the whole season. Everyone in the league would've had trouble with the D'backs tonight the way they've been hitting. Gotta get em tomorrow.. it would suck to get swept and then have to wait till Friday to play again.

Corlose 15
06-14-2005, 10:08 PM
why is this in teal

Ok, maybe just the first part should be in teal. :smile:

DickAllen72
Shingo is back.

RedPinStripes
I don't know. He wasn't great, but Glaus did a nice job of hitting that single up the middle. He was on the right track, so I'm confident he will get back on it soon enough.

Glaus always seems to step his game up against the Sox . I'd love to have him on my team, but i start to hate him when he drives at a line drive and falls into a dp. Then hits a bomb a few innings later.

It was a nice shot from iguchi, but what the hell is he going right down the line for with pods on 3rd ?

SouthSide4Life
06-14-2005, 10:09 PM
I probably am taking this loss a little hard but when you are in danger of getting sweeped by the D'Backs....well ya know. Anywho, im confident about the Dodgeballers series. 56 is all i say.

Lip Man 1
06-14-2005, 10:10 PM
What has the weather been like the past two days? Balls seem to be flying out of the park again, especially when Arizona bats.

They can't be that friggin' good can they?

Lip

SouthSide4Life
06-14-2005, 10:11 PM

Can't win em' all, but I wish i could fell a little better about 2 spots in the rotation.Finally someone who agrees with me!

Viva Medias B's
06-14-2005, 10:11 PM
As an earlier post suggested, Contreras and Hernandez cannot falter. We need them to rebound, or we'll be in trouble.

Rocklive99
06-14-2005, 10:13 PM
What has the weather been like the past two days? Balls seem to be flying out of the park again, especially when Arizona bats.

Lip

They seem streaky, they went on a run earlier too, after being bad, and claimed the division lead, and then stunk again. The pitching is a big key though, especially when they don't need the pen. The question is, has their pitching that good our are hitting that bad (did Estes really mature that much from his Flubbie days?)

PAPChiSox729
It was a nice shot from iguchi, but what the hell is he going right down the line for with pods on 3rd ?

Yeah, I thought Iguchi should have made more of an effort to get more under that one. It was smashed pretty hard though. He saw his pitch but was just a little too quick. Oh well, one run probably wouldn't have made much of a difference in this one anyways/

TaylorStSox

Lip

It's hot. They're going to continue to fly out for the rest of the year. I think this team will be a better road team because of that. We're still good enough to have a chance to win every game regardless of venue. I'm not worried.

CubKilla
As an earlier post suggested, Contreras and Hernandez cannot falter. We need them to rebound, or we'll be in trouble.

The time was last week for Ozzie to split these two up.

White Sox Josh
06-14-2005, 10:14 PM
We Suck!
:fireozzie::JMstays:ohno:hotdog:whoflungpoo:chunks :sellreinsy:gascan

Lip Man 1
06-14-2005, 10:14 PM
Estes won 15 games for a lousy Rockie team last season so maybe...but it still gets me angry when the Sox look bad when facing mediocrity.Lip

TaylorStSox
06-14-2005, 10:16 PM
Maybe our starting pitchers just had 2 bad nights. Maybe there aren't a whole bunch of sweeping generalizations that you can make from 2 games.

RallyBowl
06-14-2005, 10:16 PM
Some pretty good points by Ozzie in the post game, if anyone was watching still.

SouthSide4Life
06-14-2005, 10:17 PM
We Suck!
:fireozzie::JMstays:ohno:hotdog:whoflungpoo:chunks :sellreinsy:gascan
Post Of The Year!

Cellview22
06-14-2005, 10:18 PM
Why is that in teal?

dcb33
06-14-2005, 10:19 PM
Ugh. Hostess boys win in 11 innings...

ma-gaga
sorry guys. Stewart just blooped in the winning run. Twins 4 - Giants 3.

PAPChiSox729
Maybe our starting pitchers just had 2 bad nights. Maybe there aren't a whole bunch of sweeping generalizations that you can make from 2 games.

Exactly. As unbelievable as it may seem, these last two games count for 1/81 of the entire season. Now you should play to win every game but don't jump to conclusions after a two game skid.

Viva Medias B's
06-14-2005, 10:20 PM
4 game lead for us...Twins win in 11.

BeviBall!
06-14-2005, 10:21 PM
Another blustery day forecasted for tomorrow. JG has to keep his pitches down, down, down.

Viva Medias B's
06-14-2005, 10:22 PM
Exactly. As unbelievable as it may seem, these last two games count for 1/81 of the entire season. Now you should play to win every game but don't jump to conclusions after a two game skid.

The fact of the matter is that our love for this team is so deep than every loss is taken hard. And that lingering pain is compounded when other teams we do not like are victorious at the same time.

Lip Man 1
06-14-2005, 10:23 PM
Viva:

Very well said.

Lip

RallyBowl
06-14-2005, 10:23 PM
Another blustery day forecasted for tomorrow. JG has to keep his pitches down, down, down.Maybe he should just call in sick.

RallyBowl
06-14-2005, 10:24 PM
Viva:

Very well said.

LipAgreed.

PAPChiSox729
Another blustery day forecasted for tomorrow. JG has to keep his pitches down, down, down.

Luckily he is a ground ball pitcher. I am not too familiar with Ortiz, I've heard that he will give up some walks and in the past has been the recipient of some nice run support. I think we can get to him. Then again, I said the same thing about Estes...

BeviBall!
Maybe he should just call in sick.

Worked for Ben Bennett. Page 4 and there's the first Chicago Bear Scab joke of the evening.

infohawk
06-14-2005, 10:26 PM
We're so spoiled. They lose two games and suddenly everything that happened for the first 60 games doesn't count. Just relax. They do get to play again tomorrow. And like 97 times after that.

You're exactly right. Sox starting pitching just put back-to-back clunkers together. It happens during a season. We have been very spoiled thus far because it hasn't happened much if at all.

The good news is that the middle of the order is still hitting well, Cotts looks awesome and even Shingo has had a couple of solid outings. Yeah, Vizcaino gave up three consecutive two-out singles, but overall he looked pretty good to me. He certainly wasn't hit hard.

My real concern is Marte. I know he hasn't pitched in a few days, but I'm beginning to think he doesn't have the requisite mental toughness. He just seems kind of afraid out there. He's got great stuff but he seems to me to pick around the edges of the zone too much. I haven't felt really confident in him for a couple of years. I'm betting the Sox trade for another left-hander out of the bullpen by the trading deadline.

Let's get 'em tomorrow!!!

PAPChiSox729
06-14-2005, 10:26 PM
The fact of the matter is that our love for this team is so deep than every loss is taken hard. And that lingering pain is compounded when other teams we do not like are victorious at the same time.

I don't know. I always try to keep things in perspective, look at the overall picture. I would love to see them win every game but some ugly series have to be expected. I guess I just don't love them enough.

BeviBall!
06-14-2005, 10:27 PM
Luckily he is a ground ball pitcher. I am not too familiar with Ortiz, I've heard that he will give up some walks and in the past has been the recipient of some nice run support. I think we can get to him. Then again, I said the same thing about Estes...

The NL West is a damn deep division. Ortiz was once a CY contender but his numbers have suffered lately. He can still be a big game pitcher though.

RedPinStripes
06-14-2005, 10:27 PM
Yeah, I thought Iguchi should have made more of an effort to get more under that one. It was smashed pretty hard though. He saw his pitch but was just a little too quick. Oh well, one run probably wouldn't have made much of a difference in this one anyways/

In the air or not, I always though you can hit the ball anywhere with no one out and a man on 3rd. (Especially a REALLY fast guy on 3rd) except right down the line because of the chance of something like getting doubled up or not advancing the runner on a hard grounder.

Kogs35
06-14-2005, 10:28 PM
Maybe he should just call in sick.

:tealpolice: :tealtutor:

JB98
06-14-2005, 10:28 PM

Who is this Viscain of which you speak, and when did we acquire him?

Few positives tonight. It's a very depressing start to the homestand. The Giants are not going to give us any help in Minnesota. We need JG to step up big time tomorrow.

RallyBowl
06-14-2005, 10:29 PM
:tealpolice: :tealtutor:my bad.

BeviBall!
06-14-2005, 10:29 PM
In the air or not, I always though you can hit the ball anywhere with no one out and a man on 3rd. (Especially a REALLY fast guy on 3rd) except right down the line because of the chance of something like getting doubled up or not advancing the runner on a hard grounder.

He smoked that ball and it took Glaus' glove right to the bag. That play fit right in with the first two games. Sometimes there's nothing you can do but get out of the way. JG can really show his mettle tomorrow.

Nard
06-14-2005, 10:31 PM
Not too worried about it. A couple of bad days for the Cubans. We all knew it was coming sooner or later.

JB98
06-14-2005, 10:32 PM
The NL West is a damn deep division. Ortiz was once a CY contender but his numbers have suffered lately. He can still be a big game pitcher though.

He walks a lot of guys, and he's been struggling lately. IIRC, he's more of a strikeout/flyball pitcher. We should be able to get on him, but on the other hand, the way we've played the last two nights doesn't inspire confidence. We need to be patient at the plate. That's one of the keys for tomorrow night's game. I thought we chased some bad pitches tonight.

RedPinStripes
06-14-2005, 10:32 PM
He smoked that ball and it took Glaus' glove right to the bag. That play fit right in with the first two games. Sometimes there's nothing you can do but get out of the way. JG can really show his mettle tomorrow.

If it was a line drive at the short stop or anyone else in the infield there would be no dp. That's why i cant figure out why he even went that way.

BeviBall!
06-14-2005, 10:34 PM
I thought we chased some bad pitches tonight.

The "Pedro/Von Joshua" strike zone had a little to do with that as well. I would love to see Uribe get a day off and have Ozuna batting ninth.

BeviBall!
06-14-2005, 10:35 PM
If it was a line drive at the short stop or anyone else in the infield there would be no dp. That's why i cant figure out why he even went that way.

There should have been an effort to go to right. Gooch has only had a few of these kinds of foul ups, if you can even call it that.

RedPinStripes
06-14-2005, 10:38 PM
There should have been an effort to go to right. Gooch has only had a few of these kinds of foul ups, if you can even call it that.

No, it's not really a big mistake considering it was a rocket.

WhiteSox16K
06-14-2005, 10:40 PM
Wow, I can't believe I spent a good amount of money to go to these past two games! :whiner:

SoxSpeed22
06-14-2005, 10:43 PM
Damn, a mini-slide had to happen sooner or later:(:
For those watching on TV this has to be one of those 60 losses ones.:(:

FarWestChicago
06-14-2005, 10:43 PM
Viva:

Very well said.

LipYes, Lip. Only chronic depressive psychotics like you and Viva are real fans. If you lunatics are real fans, I don't want to be one.

Mr. White Sox
06-14-2005, 10:45 PM
Wow, I can't believe I spent a good amount of money to go to these past two games! :whiner:

I guess they should just call these half-price nights "Half-Effort Nights..."

Tough game. I wasn't agreeing with Hawk/DJ at first about the strike zone, as I thought they were just being whiny. But, after that called 3rd strike to Uribe later in the game, I completely saw their point.

CubKilla
06-14-2005, 10:46 PM

JR should give tix to all who went to these two clunkers for another game. Typical White Sox, seat start to fill up at USCF (lower bowl at least), and the Sox drop 2 games.

SoxSpeed22
06-14-2005, 10:50 PM
Typical White Sox, seat start to fill up at USCF (lower bowl at least), and the Sox drop 2 games.Hmmmm, where have I heard this before. Bad 2004 flashbacks!:angry:

Lip Man 1
06-14-2005, 10:51 PM
West:

That's certainly your choice.

Lip

FarWestChicago
06-14-2005, 11:04 PM
West:

That's certainly your choice.

LipLip, you just don't get it. One doesn't have to be demented like you and your buddy to be a Sox fan.

PaulDrake
06-14-2005, 11:10 PM
Finally someone who agrees with me! And someone else does too.

whtsx1959
06-14-2005, 11:18 PM
I'm 0-4 now

four more games coming up this homestand, I don't know if I'll make it through.

NSSoxFan
06-14-2005, 11:24 PM

I don't agree with this at all.

I, for one, am not the type to take anything seriously enough to ruin 60+ of my days from April until October. And, yes, I am as big a Sox fan as the next person.

DaleJRFan
06-14-2005, 11:42 PM
Would Cotts go back to sucking if he made a spotstart, or is he better suited for the 2-3 inning role he has currently? He's throwing a helluva lot better than 40% of the rotation right now. Maybe I am just being reactionary after watching El Duque absolutely suck for 4 straight starts... oh well. Let's hope the Cubans turn it around and ol' Jon shuts em down tomorrow....

Hendu
06-14-2005, 11:47 PM
So I've been to 2 straight games where we've been rocked. It happens I guess, though I hope not too many more times.

What I do have to say though is that I sat in the upper deck for the first time in a few years...and that is seriously the worst place I've ever sat in a major league stadium for that price. I'm not trolling; I love the 100 level, but I hope I never have to attend a game at the 500 level. Felt like I was a mile away from the game (in the 7th row). Again, I feel bad about this rant b/c I think the 100 level is one of the best places to see a game.

Foulke You
06-14-2005, 11:54 PM
So I've been to 2 straight games where we've been rocked. It happens I guess, though I hope not too many more times.

What I do have to say though is that I sat in the upper deck for the first time in a few years...and that is seriously the worst place I've ever sat in a major league stadium for that price. I'm not trolling; I love the 100 level, but I hope I never have to attend a game at the 500 level. Felt like I was a mile away from the game (in the 7th row). Again, I feel bad about this rant b/c I think the 100 level is one of the best places to see a game.
I sat up there tonight (one of many times) and I thought everything was fine except for the score. You're entitled to your opinion, I just disagree with it. Go to some other modern major league parks (Miller Park, Jacobs Field, etc) and you'll find the upper deck to be just as far if not farther from the field.

Hendu
06-15-2005, 12:05 AM
I sat up there tonight (one of many times) and I thought everything was fine except for the score. You're entitled to your opinion, I just disagree with it. Go to some other modern major league parks (Miller Park, Jacobs Field, etc) and you'll find the upper deck to be just as far if not farther from the field.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not ripping on it just for the sake of ripping on it. But for the price (on a non- 1/2 price, $20 or more) it's the worst place I could imagine watching a ball game. I've been to PNC, Anaheim, BOB, Dolphins Stadium, and tickets that far away were $10-15 on a weekend.

TaylorStSox
06-15-2005, 12:12 AM

I, for one, am not the type to take anything seriously enough to ruin 60+ of my days from April until October. And, yes, I am as big a Sox fan as the next person.

Well said my friend! We're all huge Sox fans but you have to keep life in perspective.

ND_Sox_Fan
06-15-2005, 12:31 AM
Well said my friend! We're all huge Sox fans but you have to keep life in perspective.

I am with Lip and Viva here. I don't allow my entire day to be ruined, but I do get upset. I think the three of us (with others) are very competitive people, and hate to lose in anything. I lost plenty of sleep over my own losses (I don't lose sleep over Sox games, however). We do get upset because we expect our team to win every time they step on the field.

I am not saying that makes us any better or worse fans than the next guy. We just might go into it with a different outlook or goal for each game.

That also doesn't mean it is dark cloud time after each loss; we are just disappointed that our goal was not met. That would just drive me to work harder the next day to achieve that goal or in this case increase my hunger for the team to win.

FarWestChicago
06-15-2005, 12:35 AM
I am with Lip and Viva here. I don't allow my entire day to be ruined, but I do get upset. I think the three of us (with others) are very competitive people, and hate to lose in anything.Don't flatter yourself so much. Some of the rest of us are quite competitive and I would guess have accomplished more than any of the three of you. You can make every excuse you want for acting like a nutcase after a loss, but it's still acting like a nutcase.

JB98
06-15-2005, 12:40 AM
Would Cotts go back to sucking if he made a spotstart, or is he better suited for the 2-3 inning role he has currently? He's throwing a helluva lot better than 40% of the rotation right now. Maybe I am just being reactionary after watching El Duque absolutely suck for 4 straight starts... oh well. Let's hope the Cubans turn it around and ol' Jon shuts em down tomorrow....

I think you're being reactionary. Cotts is not stretched out enough to start. He wouldn't be able to pitch more than two or three innings. Furthermore, you don't screw around with a hot streak. Neal is throwing the ball well and looks comfortable in his role. We don't change a thing with him.

El Duque is struggling. I think the time off set him back. He just hasn't had the feel for his breaking stuff, and that's what he relies upon.

I'm not worried about Contreras. Just one bad start. No big deal.

ND_Sox_Fan
06-15-2005, 12:43 AM
Don't flatter yourself so much. Some of the rest of us are quite competitive and I would guess have accomplished more than any of the three of you. You can make every excuse you want for acting like a nutcase after a loss, but it's still acting like a nutcase.

I am not saying that I am acting like a nutcase. I am just saying that I get upset with a loss.

I don't know how being a competitive person translates into flattery. Some competitive people haven't accomplished anything in life - they may try very hard and may try and try again, but never accomplish anything.

Setting high goals and expecting to achieve those goals is my definition of competitiveness. Nothing in there requires success, though when it is not achieved it makes one try all the harder to achieve it the next time.

TaylorStSox
06-15-2005, 01:45 AM
I am not saying that I am acting like a nutcase. I am just saying that I get upset with a loss.

I don't know how being a competitive person translates into flattery. Some competitive people haven't accomplished anything in life - they may try very hard and may try and try again, but never accomplish anything.

Setting high goals and expecting to achieve those goals is my definition of competitiveness. Nothing in there requires success, though when it is not achieved it makes one try all the harder to achieve it the next time.

I get upset when we lose too. Come on man. Most of us spend way too much time on this site because we love the team. I follow the minor league's as closely as I can too. I like to watch players develop. I love to see them succeed on this level. I love everything about the Sox.

With that said, I'm not going to let my love for a baseball team get me too upset. It's not that I'm not competitive. I want to win every game too. I just look at the big picture. It helps keep me centered.

I screamed when Dye hit the homer. I wanted to throw my remote when El Duque was getting knocked around. But, I realize it's a marathon.

Dan H
06-15-2005, 07:07 AM
Anyone remember the last time El Duque gave up less than 4 runs in a start?:angry:

I can't and I was never thrilled was this signing. Between him and Contreras, the Sox need to get one pitcher. Both are still question marks as far as I am concerned.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-15-2005, 07:14 AM
Here's the cure to fretting over El Duque and Contreras. Instead of making the veins on your neck bulge over their puffed up ERA, just squint your eyes and imagine that's Scott Schoenweis or Jason Grilli standing on the bump every fifth day.

Or Felix Diaz. Or Jon Rauch. Or Danny Wright. Or Josh Stewart. Or Mike Porzio.

Let's keep this in perspective. The Sox haven't had a dependable 5-man rotation since at least 1994. We've made HUGE strides since last October and the two Cubans have played at least as big a role as former headcase Jon Garland to make the Sox the best team in baseball.

We didn't win all these games because our firstbasemen can turn the 3-6-3 double play, that's for damned sure.

cee33rd
06-15-2005, 07:15 AM
as for all the "skyisfalling"ers, i agree with all of yous.after all 4 game ahead is a lead but its a scarry lead.and the twinkies arnt a team to just dis regard. im bout as paranoid as everyone else.anyone have any reason to think that we will hold or gain some groound? because honestly if we cant take at LEAST two of three from the diamond backs......come on!

duke of dorwood
06-15-2005, 07:39 AM

This Arizona team is really a bad match up for any staff without 2 left handed starters. El Duque was upset in his pre game warm ups because the pre game little league parade went way longer than they thought and he had to loosen up amidst all those people.

Just our luck they miss Buehrle. I wonder if there is another team with 3 guys on it right now that have had 40 plus HR seasons.

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-15-2005, 08:47 AM
as for all the "skyisfalling"ers, i agree with all of yous.after all 4 game ahead is a lead but its a scarry lead.and the twinkies arnt a team to just dis regard. im bout as paranoid as everyone else.anyone have any reason to think that we will hold or gain some groound? because honestly if we cant take at LEAST two of three from the diamond backs......come on!

Carlos Zambrano's new screen name, ladies and gentlemen.

SoxFan78
06-15-2005, 08:51 AM

Try sitting in the last row of the lower reserved section at the Urinal. Can't see any pop flies, cant see the scoreboard, and from my seat you couldnt see the pitcher.

I have season tickets in the UD, and they are damn fine seats compared to other seats I have sat in around the country.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-15-2005, 08:56 AM
Carlos Zambrano's new screen name, ladies and gentlemen.

Clearly he was typing with his toes. With that kind of everyday strain, no wonder he's listed day to day.

:roflmao:

:lynch&mcfail
"It wasn't internet porn that caused Carlos' injury. It was emailing his parents! We swear to God!!!"

mrwag
06-15-2005, 08:56 AM
I can't and I was never thrilled was this signing. Between him and Contreras, the Sox need to get one pitcher. Both are still question marks as far as I am concerned.
I think 1 GOOD starter and another bullpen arm are what this team needs to assure a postseason visit. I'm just not 100% comfortable with the Cubans, even though our rotation is a 10 fold improvement over last year. And, has been pointed out, we really need those guys to come through if we are to continue winning this year.

Mark'sBrokenFoot
06-15-2005, 09:01 AM

It's a baseball bat, not a magic wand. If the Gooch could decide not to hit the ball to a defender I'm sure he'd be batting 1.000.

ND_Sox_Fan
06-15-2005, 09:06 AM
I get upset when we lose too. Come on man. Most of us spend way too much time on this site because we love the team. I follow the minor league's as closely as I can too. I like to watch players develop. I love to see them succeed on this level. I love everything about the Sox.

With that said, I'm not going to let my love for a baseball team get me too upset. It's not that I'm not competitive. I want to win every game too. I just look at the big picture. It helps keep me centered.

I certainly never questioned anyone's love for this team. Everyone who belongs to this site is unquestionably devoted to the team and only interested in seeing them succeed.

I screamed when Dye hit the homer. I wanted to throw my remote when El Duque was getting knocked around. But, I realize it's a marathon.

You sound just like me :D:.

Let's try this analogy ... I'm like Paul O'Neil - You are like Bernie Williams. Paul tore himself apart over every out - Bernie certainly does not show that emotion. They were both successful players and great teammates, but one guy was more emotional than the next.

ND_Sox_Fan
06-15-2005, 09:08 AM
Or Mike Porzio.

:roflmao: My personal favorite.

Great point too.

Hangar18
06-15-2005, 09:28 AM
This sucks. I guess they've hit a bad streak but Arizona isn't exactly world beaters are they?

Lip

You know ....... its a couple of things going wrong here. I went to the monday nite game with a guy from AZ whos followed the DBacks. Believe me, Im the first guy to call out bad things when they happen, im not a sugarcoater-everything-is-fine guy, but were playing a team that just happens to be playing really well, especially defensively. The DBacks made a couple of super nice plays defensively monday that couldve gone our way and turned the game around, not to mention the one inning implosion by our pitcher. We just do NOT have the offense to come back 8 runs down, and were going to have a game like this once in a while. Were also not the kind
of team that can "cool-off" a hot team. Whats troubling is yesterday all the pitchers decided to stink, and it was the usual suspects (Marte, Vizcaino).

Its tough when you dont know a team all that well (they dont know us either though) We just need AZ to get out of town and get back to basics. And start benching Konerko or Dye :smile:

ND_Sox_Fan
06-15-2005, 09:34 AM
The DBacks made a couple of super nice plays defensively monday that couldve gone our way and turned the game around, not to mention the one inning implosion by our pitcher. We just do NOT have the offense to come back 8 runs down, and were going to have a game like this once in a while. Were also not the kind
of team that can "cool-off" a hot team. Whats troubling is yesterday all the pitchers decided to stink, and it was the usual suspects (Marte, Vizcaino).

I think this is a lot like when we ran into a very hot Texas team a couple weeks back down in Texas. They hit everything in sight and played very well on defense.

mdep524
06-15-2005, 10:54 AM
Its tough when you dont know a team all that well (they dont know us either though) We just need AZ to get out of town and get back to basics. Actually, I think it's just the opposite- Arizona knows the Sox TOO well, thanks to seeing them nearly everyday in Tuscon. The DBacks hitters saw the Cubans a lot this spring, so they may have had a better gameplan at the plate. Of course, with that thinking you would think the Sox could rough up Estes and Vazquez. In any case, Garland gets number 11 tonight.

mdep524
06-15-2005, 11:08 AM
We didn't win all these games because our firstbasemen can turn the 3-6-3 double play, that's for damned sure. :rolling:

Also, did anyone catch Hawk's comments on how Paulie is a very underrated defensive first baseman? That's a joke. Hawk and DJ's only support was that Paulie has "good instincts" (I agree) and "catches everything thrown to him" (isn't that what first basemen are SUPPOSED to do?)

There is a reason he is developing a bad rep in the field, it's because he has no range, has horribly slow reaction times, is slow-footed, and can be lazy at times. He cost Contreras a run or two Monday night by not catching a line drive that was hit mere inches away from him because he didn't react until the ball was in right field.

Jjav829
06-15-2005, 11:19 AM
Damn, a mini-slide had to happen sooner or later:(:
For those watching on TV this has to be one of those 60 losses ones.:(:

2 losses is not a mini-slide. Teams do lose back-to-back games. Just because it took so long for the Sox to do so, it doesn't mean they are on a mini-slide.

Dick Allen
06-15-2005, 11:30 AM
Arizona has a pretty decent lineup, let's face facts. Their lineup is like an AL team with some big boppers, and the wind was blowing out. Hell, most of them were IN the AL at one time. Regardless, the losses piss me off, our hitting and pitching were both out of kilter.

Deebs14
06-15-2005, 11:43 AM
I think this is a lot like when we ran into a very hot Texas team a couple weeks back down in Texas. They hit everything in sight and played very well on defense.

I was thinking the same exact thing. Even though I didn't see either game, from what I heard from my Dad and from what I have read it sounded like AZ could do no wrong, especially with the stick.

After how much he has killed the Sox in the past and in this series, I wouldn't even pitch to Glaus. Kind of like what they've done recently with another noteable Sox killer in Mike Sweeney.

ChicagoHoosier
06-15-2005, 12:34 PM
You know ....... its a couple of things going wrong here. I went to the monday nite game with a guy from AZ whos followed the DBacks. Believe me, Im the first guy to call out bad things when they happen, im not a sugarcoater-everything-is-fine guy, but were playing a team that just happens to be playing really well, especially defensively. The DBacks made a couple of super nice plays defensively monday that couldve gone our way and turned the game around, not to mention the one inning implosion by our pitcher. We just do NOT have the offense to come back 8 runs down, and were going to have a game like this once in a while. Were also not the kind

Its tough when you dont know a team all that well (they dont know us either though) We just need AZ to get out of town and get back to basics. And start benching Konerko or Dye :smile:
Hangar, I gotta agree with everything you say except for the benching Konerko and Dye comment, but not sure if that was in teal jest or if you still don't like them.

Ed Famer was saying last night that losses don't make a team stronger, but how they make you and the team think more about what is wrong and allows you to correct problems. I think we're all getting very spoiled by all the winning, so when we lose a game everyone is ready to get rid of a Cuban starter, a third baseman, or someone in our bullpen. Bottom line is we're still winning games at a good clip and I really like this team as it is. Yes, I'd like to improve at 3B or in the bullpen, but don't want to sacrifice our future while doing it because I feel we have a possible contender exactly how we're built now. Not every game will go like the last two, as the Sox proved in their first 60 games.

kitekrazy
06-15-2005, 12:40 PM
I don't think the Sox and it's fans have suffered a real losing streak yet. They do happen to every team.
Maybe it's our turn.

wolcott10
06-15-2005, 01:01 PM
Here's the cure to fretting over El Duque and Contreras. Instead of making the veins on your neck bulge over their puffed up ERA, just squint your eyes and imagine that's Scott Schoenweis or Jason Grilli standing on the bump every fifth day.

Let's keep this in perspective. The Sox haven't had a dependable 5-man rotation since at least 1994. We've made HUGE strides since last October and the two Cubans have played at least as big a role as former headcase Jon Garland to make the Sox the best team in baseball.

We didn't win all these games because our firstbasemen can turn the 3-6-3 double play, that's for damned sure.

You forgot to mention the great Arnie Munoz. :smile:

Frater Perdurabo
06-15-2005, 01:09 PM

After reading PHG's post, all the Dark Clouds can step back from the edge of the abyss.

:bandance:

Contreras and El Dookie just happened to have meltdown games on back to back days. It happens - even Roger Clemens has bad games (I'm NOT comparing the two Cubans to Clemens....) from time to time.

Hopefully they've gotten their "poop-arm" or "brain farts" out of their respective systems and will rebound to normal beginning with their next starts.

In the meantime, it would be nice to see the offense start clicking in sync a bit more. Sticking with a set lineup at the top of the order would help (Pods-Iguchi-Frank-Paulie). I understand Frank had a cramp, but it seems Ozzie has had Pods sit a bit too much lately. He's the catalyst for the offense and he needs to be in there as much as possible; no more than one day off per week. Everett can be the "super sub" by DH-ing once per week and filling in for Pods, Rowand and Dye once each week. That would give Carl four starts per week. If that means Timo rots on the bench, so be it. If and when Gload returns, let him start once per week in place of Paulie.

Flight #24
06-15-2005, 01:16 PM
Everett can be the "super sub" by DH-ing once per week and filling in for Pods, Rowand and Dye once each week. That would give Carl four starts per week. If that means Timo rots on the bench, so be it. If and when Gload returns, let him start once per week in place of Paulie.

IMO it would do the Sox well to see if Carl can play occasionally at 1B (or maybe if Dye can with Carl filling RF). I know Paulie's heated up and seems back on track, but his extended slumps makeme nervous, and it'd be nice to have another option. Plus, you could give him breaks and/or rest him against guys he has trouble with.

Carl: 1.5x/week for Frank, 1.5x/week for Dye, 1x/week for Pods/ARow, .5x/week for Paulie. Sounds good to me, Carl alternates between 4 and 5 starts each week, Frank & Dye alternate between 5 & 6, and Arow/Pods/Koney alternate between 6 & 7.

samram
06-15-2005, 01:17 PM

I wish more people would take this approach. Does anyone here think it ruins any of the Sox players' days when you have a bad day at work? Of course it doesn't. Just relax and enjoy what has been a great season. If the Sox lose, don't dwell on it- surely there are things during the summer in Chicago to take the mind off a loss.:smile:

I will say, though, that the psychotics make it easier to take the losses because they're just so damn funny.

maurice
06-15-2005, 01:20 PM
I have season tickets in the UD, and they are damn fine seats compared to other seats I have sat in around the country.

Indeed, it's no worse than the UD in other newer parks and better than many. For example, it's far better than the UD at Petco.

shoota
06-15-2005, 01:40 PM
FOHF will enjoy Mark Gonzales's coverage of last night's Sox game. He rips on the Sox's rotation by portraying the last 3 poor starts as a "trend." Gonzo, I understand it's your job writing for the Trib to portray the Sox in a negative light, but you can't rip on the best part of a team with the best record in baseball. So Mark Gonzales, ****.

Realist
06-15-2005, 01:45 PM
If someone told me on March 31st that the White Sox would not lose a home series until the middle of June...

:bandance: