PDA

View Full Version : One in a row...

kojak
06-14-2005, 06:35 PM
Our first one game winning streak of the season. That felt weird, didn't it?

I'd be willing to bet this is the deepest a team has gone into a season before their first 1-game winning streak...

and here you thought this was a misplaced thread about Willie Nelson songs performed by Trisha Yearwood :rolleyes:

Dub25
06-14-2005, 06:36 PM

I'd be willing to bet this is the deepest a team has gone into a season before their first 1-game winning streak...

and here you thought this was a misplaced thread about Willie Nelson songs performed by Trisha Yearwood :rolleyes:

Really? Only once they won one then lost? That's awesome... I think.

MUScholar21
06-14-2005, 06:42 PM

Do you work for ESPN? I would expect these kind of mindless stats from them. This is vaguely reminiscent of the '90s Bulls playoffs when NBC would put up the most pointless, mind-numbingly invaluable statistics as a means of proving what we are seeing means it will remain that way

"The Bulls are 3-0 in games when Ron Harper has put his left shoe on first, but tied his right one first, while taking a 7 point lead during the eighth minute of the third quarter"

kojak
06-14-2005, 06:44 PM
Just for ducks, I checked the records and these teams had 1-game winning streaks as such:

1984 Tigers Game 44
1998 Yankees Game 4
2001 Mariners Game 30

kojak
06-14-2005, 06:46 PM
Do you work for ESPN? I would expect these kind of mindless stats from them. This is vaguely reminiscent of the '90s Bulls playoffs when NBC would put up the most pointless, mind-numbingly invaluable statistics as a means of proving what we are seeing means it will remain that way

You should get edumacated, homeboy. If I worked for ESPN, why in Sam Hill would I bother talking about the White Sox!

Do your homework...

Unregistered
06-14-2005, 06:58 PM

I remember someone mentioning this in the Postgame thread on Sunday. Something like "We've never won a single game and lost the next - this guarantees that we'll win on Monday!"

That's when I knew it was an automatic loss. :tongue:

samram
06-14-2005, 06:59 PM

"The Bulls are 3-0 in games when Ron Harper has put his left shoe on first, but tied his right one first, while taking a 7 point lead during the eighth minute of the third quarter"

Actually, it's a pretty interesting stat. It shows that the Sox have been consistent and able to sustain good performance for several days at a time. Even if you take away the long winning streaks, they're still well above .500.

rwcescato
06-14-2005, 07:01 PM

Tom Selleck in MR. Baseball his biggest stat was " But Coach I lead the league in 9th inning doubles."

BRDSR
06-14-2005, 07:36 PM
I remember someone mentioning this in the Postgame thread on Sunday. Something like "We've never won a single game and lost the next - this guarantees that we'll win on Monday!"

That's when I knew it was an automatic loss. :tongue:

Haha, I think you're referring to my post. I think(hope) that I put "guarantees" in teal, if not I meant to. In any case, I was there last night and it became pretty clear pretty quickly that my guaranteed win would not come to fruition. Oh well, all good things must come to an end sometime, right?

Unregistered
06-14-2005, 07:49 PM
Haha, I think you're referring to my post. I think(hope) that I put "guarantees" in teal, if not I meant to. In any case, I was there last night and it became pretty clear pretty quickly that my guaranteed win would not come to fruition. Oh well, all good things must come to an end sometime, right?
Well if it wasn't in teal, the "teal" nature of the post wasn't lost on me. I don't think any of us have gotten cocky enough to guarantee wins... yet. :wink: