PDA

View Full Version : The "59 Caps

BridgePortNative
06-14-2005, 02:23 PM
Just wondering if anybody knows what the 1959 White Sox Caps look like and if you can post a picture it would help thanks.

SFC. Payne

"Bravo's the best Cuz we are the best!"
UUh Rah!

TheOldRoman
06-14-2005, 02:27 PM
http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-1776329dt.jpg
box lettered "SOX" with a red outline. I own this hat. Very classy.

Jurr
06-14-2005, 02:29 PM
I gotsta git me one of them.

BridgePortNative
06-14-2005, 02:30 PM
Looks Nice :cool:

I look forward to wearing it with the ol' Class A (uniform)

Madvora
06-14-2005, 02:39 PM
I'll be there Friday. I can't wait to get one of those.
I never wear hats because nothing ever looks good on me with one exception, I got a Chicago American Giants hat at Comiskey like 10 years ago when they were giving those away free. I loved the thing, but I lost it some how.
Well, back to Comiskey to replace some of my lost clothing.

na_na_na_na
06-14-2005, 02:53 PM
are these the give away on friday or saturday?

MUScholar21
06-14-2005, 02:57 PM
It should be the giveaway Saturday. However, you also have to picture it with a HUUUUGE Miller Lite logo on the side, since they are sponsoring it.

:reinsy "I dont care if this matchup DOES commemorate my two favorite teams playing. I WILL NOT pay for this promotion."

soxfan43
06-14-2005, 03:04 PM
I'll be there Friday. I can't wait to get one of those.
I never wear hats because nothing ever looks good on me with one exception, I got a Chicago American Giants hat at Comiskey like 10 years ago when they were giving those away free. I loved the thing, but I lost it some how.
Well, back to Comiskey to replace some of my lost clothing.

Ha, I had the same thing happen to me. I loved that hat and then somehow I lost it, couldn't find one anywhere.

Madvora
06-14-2005, 03:07 PM
It should be the giveaway Saturday. However, you also have to picture it with a HUUUUGE Miller Lite logo on the side, since they are sponsoring it.

The hat giveaway is on Friday
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/schedule/promotions.jsp?c_id=cws

MUScholar21
06-14-2005, 03:14 PM
The hat giveaway is on Friday
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/schedule/promotions.jsp?c_id=cws

My bad. Thanks for the correction.

BridgePortNative
06-14-2005, 03:17 PM
I wonder if i'll be able to wear a 59 cap with my Class A Army Uniform, I think outside I can only wear my garrison cap. bleh

http://www.lewis.army.mil/ig/images/m_uniform.jpg

mike squires
06-14-2005, 11:00 PM

:reinsy "I dont care if this matchup DOES commemorate my two favorite teams playing. I WILL NOT pay for this promotion."

Yup, ya beat me too it. I went to the '83 hat day a few years ago and got a big ol Miller Lite advertisement on it. I don't wear because of it. Do they sell the fitted hats of '59 anywhere. I wish it was mesh like the Sox BP hat...

tadscout
06-15-2005, 12:05 AM
My fitted '59 hat is my Fav.

Nellie_Fox
06-15-2005, 01:38 AM
I wonder if i'll be able to wear a 59 cap with my Class A Army Uniform, I think outside I can only wear my garrison cap. bleh
The garrison cap went away five years ago. It's the beret now; green for special forces, maroon for airborne, tan for Rangers, black for everybody else.

But I did get, and appreciate, the joke.

Hmmm...A Sox beret for the Sox Army? Reminds me of an old joke. A grizzled Marine Corps Sergeant Major suggested changing the Corps over to berets. Someone said "Sergeant Major, you're the last person I'd expect to be in favor of that." He replied "Marines are supposed to be fighting men, right? Put them in berets, and they'll have all the fights they can handle."

BridgePortNative
06-15-2005, 01:41 AM
The garrison cap went away five years ago. It's the beret now; green for special forces, maroon for airborne, tan for Rangers, black for everybody else.

The thing is, I was only issued a garrison, It sucks, I wanted a beret