PDA

View Full Version : West Coast trip was a Success fan-wise too

Hangar18
06-14-2005, 01:16 PM
Despite the medias indifference, a huge number of White Sox fans managed
to attend the games in Colorado and in SanDiego. I saw the games there
and man, SOX fans were definitely out in force. I arrived Thursday morning,
and the Indians were in town to play the Padres, so I meandered over to Petco
to catch that game too. Was funny to note afterwards, at the bars, all the Padre fans, the Indian fans, and the incoming WhiteSox fans all hanging out.

A friend of mine (and lurker here) Bill told me that there were tons of fans in Colorado too and very noisy. He said the entire team hung out for drinks at a bar downtown there wednesday nite

kevingrt
06-14-2005, 02:43 PM
Nice to know the team has fun on these roadtrips too. I can't wait to see how many Sox fans show up come August and September when there might be a race to win the Central.

Dub25
06-14-2005, 04:07 PM
Despite the medias indifference, a huge number of White Sox fans managed
to attend the games in Colorado and in SanDiego. I saw the games there
and man, SOX fans were definitely out in force. I arrived Thursday morning,
and the Indians were in town to play the Padres, so I meandered over to Petco
to catch that game too. Was funny to note afterwards, at the bars, all the Padre fans, the Indian fans, and the incoming WhiteSox fans all hanging out.

A friend of mine (and lurker here) Bill told me that there were tons of fans in Colorado too and very noisy. He said the entire team hung out for drinks at a bar downtown there wednesday nite\

Those were Sox fans? I thought those were Cub fans cheering everytime they changed the Cubs score on the out of town scoreboard.

soxwon
06-14-2005, 04:29 PM
Nice to know the team has fun on these roadtrips too. I can't wait to see how many Sox fans show up come August and September when there might be a race to win the Central.

whos going to cleveland to end the sEASON?

DaveIsHere
06-14-2005, 04:43 PM
whos going to cleveland to end the sEASON?

I am heading out to Cleveland july 15th-17th

Hitmen77
06-14-2005, 05:19 PM
On TV it sounded like there were at least as many Sox fans in Denver and SD as home-team fans.

No, no, NO! This can't be true! I get all my information from the likes of ESPN and according to them NOBODY outside of Chicago even knows the Sox exist let alone roots for them. They wouldn't be misinforming us, would they?

Lip Man 1
06-14-2005, 05:41 PM
The sounds of Sox fans in Denver and San Diego was very audible on TV. In both places it sounded like there were a lot of fans who must have made the trip.

Lip