PDA

View Full Version : Is Frank playing today?

chaerulez
06-14-2005, 12:38 PM
Just wondering because I'm going to the game and would like to see Frank...

Jurr
06-14-2005, 01:04 PM
99% positive he won't.

Ozzie, according to the paper, does not allow a player to play at least one day after he comes out of a game with an injury.

Unregistered
06-14-2005, 01:10 PM
99% positive he won't.

Ozzie, according to the paper, does not allow a player to play at least one day after he comes out of a game with an injury.Personally, I hate the line of thinking. I understand Ozzie's logic, he doesn't want a player to push it the next day and hurt themselves further, but I could also see it making it more likely that a player will stay in the game with an injury so as not to be guaranteed riding the bench the next day - possibly hurting themselves even more.

Jurr
06-14-2005, 01:31 PM
Personally, I hate the line of thinking. I understand Ozzie's logic, he doesn't want a player to push it the next day and hurt themselves further, but I could also see it making it more likely that a player will stay in the game with an injury so as not to be guaranteed riding the bench the next day - possibly hurting themselves even more.
I don't think the players are that big of jackasses to where they'd risk going on the DL to play an extra day. I do see your point, though.

RKMeibalane
06-14-2005, 03:31 PM
There's no way to know until the lineup is posted. Frank's injury seemed to be more heat-related than anything else. He probably wasn't drinking enough fluids. That's easily fixed- just buy him some Gatorade. OTOH, Ozzie believes strongly in protecting his players, so I don't expect Frank to play until tomorrow. Also, Ozzie hinted that he wanted to get Carl at-bats against Vasquez.

Rocklive99
06-14-2005, 03:51 PM
No, it's Everett http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52059

EDIT: The original post said "play", so I guess there's always a chance of pinch hitting...