PDA

View Full Version : 1959 Uniform Question

Viva Medias B's
06-14-2005, 10:48 AM
Which of the games against the Dodgers are the White Sox wearing the 1959 uniforms? I think it's the Saturday night game, right?

IlliniSox
06-14-2005, 10:58 AM
Which of the games against the Dodgers are the White Sox wearing the 1959 uniforms? I think it's the Saturday night game, right?

They're giving out the '59 hats on Friday, so I assumed it was then. But I hope its Saturday cuz I'll be there.

ozzman
06-14-2005, 11:02 AM
theyre wearing the uni's on saturday

IlliniSox
06-14-2005, 11:05 AM
theyre wearing the uni's on saturday

:smile: That'll be a great atmosphere. Can't wait.

Jurr
06-14-2005, 11:12 AM
Those uniforms are absolutely awesome. That's going to be a great thing to see.

Lip Man 1
06-14-2005, 12:40 PM
According to Fred Mitchell in his column on Jim Landis, the teams will wear 'vintage' 1959 uniforms Saturday. The game is also being televised by WGN-TV who will be showing 1959 memories and tributes during the broadcast. It might be worth taping depending on what footage they may be showing. (It would also help if the Sox won the game as far as keeping the tape!)

Lip

Brian26
06-14-2005, 12:56 PM
(It would also help if the Sox won the game as far as keeping the tape!)

Lip

Haha, great point. I taped the "Turn Back the Clock" Game from 1990. It was a great broadcast from the standpoint of the uniforms and commentary. Then they lost that huge lead with the rare Barry Jones meltdown. I don't think I kept the tape after a few years.

Lip Man 1
06-14-2005, 01:14 PM
You did better then I did since that game was also shown on WGN-TV it didn't make it past the evening.

But the capper for me was the home opener that WGN-TV showed in 1991 when the new park opened.

I was working at the TV station and when I found out the Sox were losing as bad as they were I came home. Then stopped the tape, ejected it and then threw it off my balcony into the bayou that was right near our apartment in Louisiana.

Maybe the snakes and gators wanted to watch it but I sure as hell didn't!

Lip

TheOldRoman
06-14-2005, 01:20 PM
You did better then I did since that game was also shown on WGN-TV it didn't make it past the evening.

But the capper for me was the home opener that WGN-TV showed in 1991 when the new park opened.

I was working at the TV station and when I found out the Sox were losing as bad as they were I came home. Then stopped the tape, ejected it and then threw it off my balcony into the bayou that was right near our apartment in Louisiana.

Maybe the snakes and gators wanted to watch it but I sure as hell didn't!

Lip
Ditto for me and the opening of new Soldier Field.:rolleyes: