PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 2005 College World Series Thread

Viva Medias B's
06-14-2005, 07:43 AM
The Road to Omaha has been completed with Tulane, Oregon State, Texas, Baylor, Tennessee, Florida, Arizona State, and Nebraska as the participants. The conference breakdown is 2 Pac 10, 3 Big XII, 2 SEC, and 1 Conference USA.

duke of dorwood
06-14-2005, 08:07 AM
Almost reflects how a College Football "Series" would look, except for 2 Pac 10 teams

NonetheLoaiza
06-14-2005, 09:52 AM
Should be a pretty good CWS. Can't wait til these games get underway.

**PING**

Viva Medias B's
06-14-2005, 10:43 AM
I wish I could spend the whole week in Omaha for this event. However, tickets are hard to get not to mention the hotel bill at the end of the stay. I did have the privlige of attending the CWS title game in 2000 between Stanford and LSU. It was like a college football atomsphere that day at Rosenblatt Stadium. Borchard played for the Cardinal that day, and I don't think he got on base. The game will be remembered for Stanford blowing a 5-2 lead late in the game and losing to the Tigers in the bottom of the 9th.

SoxxoS
06-14-2005, 10:56 AM
Go Asu!!!!!

AZChiSoxFan
06-14-2005, 05:43 PM
Go Asu!!!!!

GO DEVILS!!!!

Quote from Barry Bonds following the Super Regional: "Fullerton had the actor (refering to Kevin Costner in the stands sporting a CSF hat), the Sun Devils had the baseball players."

NonetheLoaiza
06-15-2005, 06:46 PM
Hey...good to see other Devils fans on here, too.

GO DEVILS

wsoxfan
06-15-2005, 11:56 PM
I listen to sports radio at work all day and they said Curt Schilling threw batting practice to the ASU players today since he's in AZ doing rehab work so that's pretty cool. Go Sun Devils...:smile:

AZChiSoxFan
06-16-2005, 11:00 AM
I listen to sports radio at work all day and they said Curt Schilling threw batting practice to the ASU players today since he's in AZ doing rehab work so that's pretty cool. Go Sun Devils...:smile:

Well, he was going to throw BP, but the NCAA said that's not allowed :angry: . So he ended up throwing BP to Pat Murphy and some of the other coaches just for fun. But Schilling did visit with the pitchers for quite a while. Last Thursday, when ASU arrived in Fullerton, Murphy was trying to keep the team loose, so when they got to Goodwin stadium, he had the players go through the walk through while still wearing the shirts and ties that they had traveled in. Well, of course the NCAA had to step in and reprimand ASU, saying that was "inappropriate." I'll rest better at night knowing that the NCAA is keeping up with such important matters. What a joke.

The Racehorse
06-16-2005, 11:29 AM
**PING**

The sound of evil.

:)

Iguana775
06-16-2005, 12:02 PM
Go Huskers!

AZChiSoxFan
06-16-2005, 12:40 PM
Go Huskers!

Nebraska has a great team and is certainly the favorite in that half of the draw, IMO. Obviously I want ASU, but I am also a realist. Strange things happen in Omaha however, so as the old saying goes...that's why they play the games.

Viva Medias B's
06-17-2005, 11:59 PM
Florida took down conference rival Tennessee while Nebraska beat Arizona State. Saturday, No. 1 Tulane faces Oregon State while Augie Garrido's Texas Longhorns face conference rival Baylor.

NWSox
06-18-2005, 03:47 AM
Almost reflects how a College Football "Series" would look, except for 2 Pac 10 teams

Huh? I suppose if all the BCS voters were from Texas. USC and Cal would have easily been in an eight team playoff.

As for baseball, GO BEAVERS!

MUsoxfan
06-18-2005, 03:59 AM
No LSU:(:

Viva Medias B's
06-18-2005, 07:50 AM
No Arizona :whiner:

AZChiSoxFan
06-20-2005, 12:57 PM
No Arizona :whiner:

:D: :supernana: :smile: :supernana: :cool: :supernana: :tongue: :supernana:

Sorry, no harm intended, but I just couldn't resist. It's ironic how it's played out the last two seasons. Last year, ASU had the better team in the regular season, but U of A made it to Omaha. This year, the roles were reversed.

Viva Medias B's
06-20-2005, 10:57 PM
No. 1 Tulane took it on the chin against Texas. Here is the CWS bracket:

http://ncaasports.com/baseball/mens/brackets/doubleelim44/2005/DI_cws

Viva Medias B's
06-20-2005, 10:59 PM
:D: :supernana: :smile: :supernana: :cool: :supernana: :tongue: :supernana:

Sorry, no harm intended, but I just couldn't resist. It's ironic how it's played out the last two seasons. Last year, ASU had the better team in the regular season, but U of A made it to Omaha. This year, the roles were reversed.

No harm, no foul. But UA won games or series over ASU in:

Football
Basketball
Baseball

AZChiSoxFan
06-21-2005, 10:53 AM
No harm, no foul. But UA won games or series over ASU in:

Football
Basketball
Baseball

Very True, but while ASU went 9-3 in football including a win in the Sun Bowl, UA stayed at home for the bowl season. While ASU is in Omaha, UA has been at home. Going farther in the postseason is much more valuable that individual games during the regular season. I wouldn't care one bit if the Sox went 0-6 vs. the scrubs, as long as the Sox finished the season with a better record and went to the playoffs, while the scrubs stayed at home in October.

SoxxoS
06-21-2005, 11:14 AM
Very True, but while ASU went 9-3 in football including a win in the Sun Bowl, UA stayed at home for the bowl season. While ASU is in Omaha, UA has been at home. Going farther in the postseason is much more valuable that individual games during the regular season. I wouldn't care one bit if the Sox went 0-6 vs. the scrubs, as long as the Sox finished the season with a better record and went to the playoffs, while the scrubs stayed at home in October.

Zing.

And, U of A is in Tuxxon. That is bad enough.

That being said, ASU better wake up against U of A.

skobabe8
06-21-2005, 05:38 PM
ASU/Nebraska was an unbelievable game!

And I, a former Scottsdale resident, has to say....WAY TO GO DEVILS!!

AZChiSoxFan
06-21-2005, 08:40 PM
ASU/Nebraska was an unbelievable game!

And I, a former Scottsdale resident, has to say....WAY TO GO DEVILS!!

Absolutely!! One of the best college games I have ever seen.

:supernana: :supernana:

ChiSoxRowand
06-21-2005, 11:23 PM
Wow. Two GREAT games today. I would have liked to see Tulane and Nebraska win, but I just enjoyed watching those games. Hopefully Baylor can pull off two in a row against Texas.

SoxxoS
06-23-2005, 01:28 PM
Going to be a tough one for the Sun Devils tonight...but I didn't think they would get past Fullerton...all they have been doing is suprising.

And I have to find the post a while back where I said we should have drafted Jeff Larish. :D: